+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
REMINDER: THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE RATHER DIFFERENT PROCEDURES INVOLVING REQUESTS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION and DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO PROOF OF PHYSICAL PRESENCE.

WHO GETS THE REQUEST, WHY THEY WERE GIVEN THE REQUEST, WHEN THEY ARE ISSUED THE REQUEST and WHAT GETTING THE REQUEST MEANS FOR THE APPLICANT (including as to the timeline), WILL VARY CONSIDERABLY DEPENDING ON WHICH OF THESE THE APPLICANT RECEIVED (and also vary depending on the particular facts and circumstances in the individual applicant's case).

Posts above suggest a need to revisit and clarify the differences.

normally who gets these RQ and physical presence questionnaires? is it when someone changes too many addresses or when they think that a person may not have been present in canada for qualifying period?
Any inconsistency in your original application may have triggered a QAE.
i sent them my RQ reply on 5th Sep18 and have not receive any test invitation, i am into my 13th month of applying
it has been two months now that they received my QAE reply, hope I get test invite soon, this wait is frustrating when you don't know the timeline anymore, i am into my thirteenth month now,
I note, for example, in the above discussion @SunnyWays refers to having responded to "RQ" in one recent post, and in contrast reports responding to "QAE" in another. There are HUGE, HUGE differences between "RQ" versus "QAE."

FIRST, a Specific Reminder as to the Different Procedures:

Particular procedures for requesting applicants to provide additional information and documentation related to proof of presence include:

-- PPQ-QAE CIT 0205, the Quality Assurance request: IRCC states the QAE (Quality Assurance Exercise) is RANDOMLY issued, and while some criteria may factor into who actually gets the PPQ-QAE, it appears clear getting this does NOT suggest IRCC has any particularized concerns let alone suspicions; this tends to come fairly soon after AOR and "In Process," well before the test & interview; as otherwise noted, a timely responsive submission of the information and documentation appears to NOT significantly affect the overall timeline, or at least does NOT knock the timeline much out of the timeline for routinely processed applications.

-- RQ-lite CIT 0520: who gets this is criteria-driven, fact-based, and thus there is some concern, some issue, which triggers this request, but this may be a relatively minor detail and IRCC is mostly doing due diligence to more thoroughly verify the applicant's information and qualifications; NO sign this comes BEFORE the application is actually being processed by a local office, but reports (which have only been sketchy and sporadic in the last year or so) indicate this can come before the test/interview, be issued AT the interview, or be sent to the applicant AFTER the interview; impact on timeline varies depending on particular situation, ranging from very little impact (which requires the applicant to have quickly and responsively answered the request) to a few months or several months, ALLOWING for some cases to become more or less contested presence cases where the response falls short of satisfying IRCC concerns.

-- Full Blown RQ CIT 0171: while there was a period of time during which this was being sent by Sydney before the application was referred to the local office (albeit the response was to be sent to the respective local office), which many of us referred to as "Pre-test RQ," almost all reports of being issued full blown RQ (again, that is CIT 0171) in the last couple years have been about RQ issued at or after the interview, with perhaps some exceptions which, however, were issued by the local office, pre-test, NOT Sydney; who is issued a full blown RQ is almost certainly a criteria-drive, fact-based decision, and unlike the procedure back in 2012 to 2014, maybe into 2015, unlike then (when the triggering criteria might NOT have indicated any significant concern or cause for suspicion), in the last couple years the full blown RQ tends to mean IRCC has identified some very specific concerns or even particularized suspicions; this procedure tends to have a significantly negative impact on the timeline, and some RQ'd cases can take many more months to process, even a year or more longer; some of these cases will be referred to a Citizenship Judge, which means IRCC is overtly questioning/challenging the applicant's presence qualification, and these cases not only face very long timelines they are also at risk for a negative outcome.​

It warrants emphasizing that there are, clearly, potentially very different experiences encountered by different applicants. As I noted, in the last couple years MOST reports of full blown RQ relate to RQ issued AT or AFTER the interview. But some applicants might be sent the full blown RQ BEFORE the test/interview event.

Additionally, the reporting has been both sporadic and sketchy. Thus, for example, the recent reports about reaching the taking-the-oath step in the process, by @Voltron123 and @canadapr98, really are appreciated. The forum can use as much detail about these procedures as participants are willing to share. (There is a lot we do not know.)

And sometimes the posted information is otherwise NOT clear. As I noted above, for example, @SunnyWays refers to having responded to "RQ" in one recent post, and in contrast reports responding to "QAE" in another. Since there are HUGE, HUGE differences between "RQ" versus "QAE," it is really important to identify which procedure it actually is.

As @Voltron123 observed, inconsistencies in an applicant's information can be what triggers ANY of these procedures (notwithstanding IRCC's assertion that the QAE is RANDOMLY issued). To be clear, this can be internal inconsistencies (such as, for example, information declared in the work history about being employed in Canada during a period of time it is clear, based on information in the presence calculator, the applicant was abroad for an extensive period inconsistent with such employment; or it could be an address in the address history which is incongruous with the declared location of employment in the work history; among scores of possible internally inconsistent information) OR inconsistencies between information in the application and information otherwise known to IRCC (an example I have oft cited is the case where CIC (before it became IRCC) had obtained a conference flyer suggesting the PR was employed abroad and representing the foreign company at a conference in Switzerland, at a time the PR claimed to be unemployed and in Canada; more generally, there are numerous reports of applicants whose LinkedIn profiles or information conflicted with work or address history in their citizenship applications). Of course, among the more common *inconsistencies* which trigger non-routine requests for proof of presence, have to do with travel dates reported in the presence calculation which are not the same as what the CBSA travel history shows or what is indicated in other sources.

For @SunnyWays, I do not recall what was indicated in older posts, as to whether the procedure involved is the QAE or RQ, or RQ-lite. Again, it makes a difference, a big difference. The timing of the request suggested in the recent posts is NOT that we have seen reported for the QAE . . . the QAE usually is sent from Sydney and thus is received by the applicant within a month or two of when the application has "In Process" status. This does not mean it is for sure NOT the QAE. And, of course, @SunnyWays knows which it was.

But it is also incongruous with reports we have seen about RQ in the last couple years, since the timing is this request was sent BEFORE the test/interview event. Again, this does not mean it is for sure NOT RQ. And, again, @SunnyWays knows and can clarify which it is.

Likewise the RQ-lite, CIT 0520. Which typically requests only a few particular documents, BUT it can be quite extensive and request almost as much as the QAE or full-blown RQ. While most reports of the CIT 0520 requests also suggest it is usually issued AT or AFTER the interview, this procedure appears to be the most likely one some are getting later than a QAE request but before the test/interview event.

IN ANY EVENT, ALL REPORTS OF PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH ANY OF THESE PROCEDURES IS APPRECIATED. Again, there is a great deal about these procedures we do not know. Prospective timelines for RQ and RQ-lite are especially UNKNOWN. While we can still extrapolate many elements of triggering criteria, based on previous information, it has now been several years since we have obtained internal CIC/IRCC information shedding any light on what triggers presence-related requests for additional proof.

AND, whether it is in reporting a personal experience or commenting about the process, PLEASE keep the DIFFERENT PROCEDURES in mind and try to be clear which one is being addressed. Again, while all these are related to proof of presence, and thus what is requested overlaps considerably, there are huge, important differences regarding:
-- who
-- when
-- why, and
-- what the impact is
-- including how long it will take

Hoping all goes well for those still in process, still waiting for the oath or the next step.

Reactions: Voltron123

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
REMINDER: THERE ARE AT LEAST THREE RATHER DIFFERENT PROCEDURES INVOLVING REQUESTS FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION and DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO PROOF OF PHYSICAL PRESENCE.

WHO GETS THE REQUEST, WHY THEY WERE GIVEN THE REQUEST, WHEN THEY ARE ISSUED THE REQUEST and WHAT GETTING THE REQUEST MEANS FOR THE APPLICANT (including as to the timeline), WILL VARY CONSIDERABLY DEPENDING ON WHICH OF THESE THE APPLICANT RECEIVED (and also vary depending on the particular facts and circumstances in the individual applicant's case).

Posts above suggest a need to revisit and clarify the differences.

I note, for example, in the above discussion @SunnyWays refers to having responded to "RQ" in one recent post, and in contrast reports responding to "QAE" in another. There are HUGE, HUGE differences between "RQ" versus "QAE."

FIRST, a Specific Reminder as to the Different Procedures:

Particular procedures for requesting applicants to provide additional information and documentation related to proof of presence include:

-- PPQ-QAE CIT 0205, the Quality Assurance request: IRCC states the QAE (Quality Assurance Exercise) is RANDOMLY issued, and while some criteria may factor into who actually gets the PPQ-QAE, it appears clear getting this does NOT suggest IRCC has any particularized concerns let alone suspicions; this tends to come fairly soon after AOR and "In Process," well before the test & interview; as otherwise noted, a timely responsive submission of the information and documentation appears to NOT significantly affect the overall timeline, or at least does NOT knock the timeline much out of the timeline for routinely processed applications.

-- RQ-lite CIT 0520: who gets this is criteria-driven, fact-based, and thus there is some concern, some issue, which triggers this request, but this may be a relatively minor detail and IRCC is mostly doing due diligence to more thoroughly verify the applicant's information and qualifications; NO sign this comes BEFORE the application is actually being processed by a local office, but reports (which have only been sketchy and sporadic in the last year or so) indicate this can come before the test/interview, be issued AT the interview, or be sent to the applicant AFTER the interview; impact on timeline varies depending on particular situation, ranging from very little impact (which requires the applicant to have quickly and responsively answered the request) to a few months or several months, ALLOWING for some cases to become more or less contested presence cases where the response falls short of satisfying IRCC concerns.

-- Full Blown RQ CIT 0171: while there was a period of time during which this was being sent by Sydney before the application was referred to the local office (albeit the response was to be sent to the respective local office), which many of us referred to as "Pre-test RQ," almost all reports of being issued full blown RQ (again, that is CIT 0171) in the last couple years have been about RQ issued at or after the interview, with perhaps some exceptions which, however, were issued by the local office, pre-test, NOT Sydney; who is issued a full blown RQ is almost certainly a criteria-drive, fact-based decision, and unlike the procedure back in 2012 to 2014, maybe into 2015, unlike then (when the triggering criteria might NOT have indicated any significant concern or cause for suspicion), in the last couple years the full blown RQ tends to mean IRCC has identified some very specific concerns or even particularized suspicions; this procedure tends to have a significantly negative impact on the timeline, and some RQ'd cases can take many more months to process, even a year or more longer; some of these cases will be referred to a Citizenship Judge, which means IRCC is overtly questioning/challenging the applicant's presence qualification, and these cases not only face very long timelines they are also at risk for a negative outcome.​

It warrants emphasizing that there are, clearly, potentially very different experiences encountered by different applicants. As I noted, in the last couple years MOST reports of full blown RQ relate to RQ issued AT or AFTER the interview. But some applicants might be sent the full blown RQ BEFORE the test/interview event.

Additionally, the reporting has been both sporadic and sketchy. Thus, for example, the recent reports about reaching the taking-the-oath step in the process, by @Voltron123 and @canadapr98, really are appreciated. The forum can use as much detail about these procedures as participants are willing to share. (There is a lot we do not know.)

And sometimes the posted information is otherwise NOT clear. As I noted above, for example, @SunnyWays refers to having responded to "RQ" in one recent post, and in contrast reports responding to "QAE" in another. Since there are HUGE, HUGE differences between "RQ" versus "QAE," it is really important to identify which procedure it actually is.

As @Voltron123 observed, inconsistencies in an applicant's information can be what triggers ANY of these procedures (notwithstanding IRCC's assertion that the QAE is RANDOMLY issued). To be clear, this can be internal inconsistencies (such as, for example, information declared in the work history about being employed in Canada during a period of time it is clear, based on information in the presence calculator, the applicant was abroad for an extensive period inconsistent with such employment; or it could be an address in the address history which is incongruous with the declared location of employment in the work history; among scores of possible internally inconsistent information) OR inconsistencies between information in the application and information otherwise known to IRCC (an example I have oft cited is the case where CIC (before it became IRCC) had obtained a conference flyer suggesting the PR was employed abroad and representing the foreign company at a conference in Switzerland, at a time the PR claimed to be unemployed and in Canada; more generally, there are numerous reports of applicants whose LinkedIn profiles or information conflicted with work or address history in their citizenship applications). Of course, among the more common *inconsistencies* which trigger non-routine requests for proof of presence, have to do with travel dates reported in the presence calculation which are not the same as what the CBSA travel history shows or what is indicated in other sources.

For @SunnyWays, I do not recall what was indicated in older posts, as to whether the procedure involved is the QAE or RQ, or RQ-lite. Again, it makes a difference, a big difference. The timing of the request suggested in the recent posts is NOT that we have seen reported for the QAE . . . the QAE usually is sent from Sydney and thus is received by the applicant within a month or two of when the application has "In Process" status. This does not mean it is for sure NOT the QAE. And, of course, @SunnyWays knows which it was.

But it is also incongruous with reports we have seen about RQ in the last couple years, since the timing is this request was sent BEFORE the test/interview event. Again, this does not mean it is for sure NOT RQ. And, again, @SunnyWays knows and can clarify which it is.

Likewise the RQ-lite, CIT 0520. Which typically requests only a few particular documents, BUT it can be quite extensive and request almost as much as the QAE or full-blown RQ. While most reports of the CIT 0520 requests also suggest it is usually issued AT or AFTER the interview, this procedure appears to be the most likely one some are getting later than a QAE request but before the test/interview event.

IN ANY EVENT, ALL REPORTS OF PERSONAL EXPERIENCE WITH ANY OF THESE PROCEDURES IS APPRECIATED. Again, there is a great deal about these procedures we do not know. Prospective timelines for RQ and RQ-lite are especially UNKNOWN. While we can still extrapolate many elements of triggering criteria, based on previous information, it has now been several years since we have obtained internal CIC/IRCC information shedding any light on what triggers presence-related requests for additional proof.

AND, whether it is in reporting a personal experience or commenting about the process, PLEASE keep the DIFFERENT PROCEDURES in mind and try to be clear which one is being addressed. Again, while all these are related to proof of presence, and thus what is requested overlaps considerably, there are huge, important differences regarding:
-- who
-- when
-- why, and
-- what the impact is
-- including how long it will take

Hoping all goes well for those still in process, still waiting for the oath or the next step.
Hi @dpenabill thank you very much for your detailed explanation, Sorry for the confusion, I wanted to inform everyone that I responded to PPQ-QAE CIT 0205 hope that helps others

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi @dpenabill thank you very much for your detailed explanation, Sorry for the confusion, I wanted to inform everyone that I responded to PPQ-QAE CIT 0205 hope that helps others
Can you share approximately WHEN in the process you received the PPQ-QAE CIT 0205, relative to date application sent, AOR, and In Process? (The AOR and IP dates are readily found in your eCAS information at IRCC.)

For comparison, the majority of reports indicate receiving the Quality Assurance exercise within a month or two of the In Process date, indicating a Sydney-based decision prior to local office referral (even though the application may already be in the local office for processing by the time the applicant actually gets the PPQ-QAE), and overall within the first three to five months after IRCC received the application in the mail.

The main reason for asking is that it appears you may have received the PPQ-QAE more than NINE months after sending in your application (this is based on the post in which you state: ". . . it has been two months now that they received my QAE reply, hope I get test invite soon, this wait is frustrating when you don't know the timeline anymore, i am into my thirteenth month now . . . "), which suggests it may have been sent to you AFTER your application was already in process in the local office. Which would suggest a substantive triggering factor rather than RANDOM selection. And of course that would have implications for other applicants as well as you.

gauravsaab

Aug 30, 2011
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
0786 (<<Joke :P )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 DEC 2011 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
23 JUNE 2012 (SINP)
Nomination.....
24 JULY 2012 (NOMINATED)
AOR Received.
30 JULY 2012 (APPLIED FOR PPR)
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
04 OCT 2012
Med's Done....
18 OCT 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13 march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
IN CANADA
hey congrats, so before your test you are able to see the DM on your online status?
Yes before i got letter in my mailbox i could see the 4th new line which i have mentioned on the tracking website

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
I have sent in my PPQ-QAE and fingerprints. Within the timeframe they had given me. I do hope that it does not delay my application.

I actually called CIC and they confirmed that they recieved my documents and they do not have any issues showing up on there system thus far.

Thank you for your help @dpenabil appreciate it.

Congratulations to both. And the reports are appreciated.

These timelines are consistent with many other routinely processed applications. Many previous reports have also indicated a timeline consistent with applications routinely processed for those who timely and appropriately respond to the PPQ-QAE CIT 0205 and included requests (so long as, of course, they are qualified and there is nothing in the application or submitted response which raises concerns or triggers other non-routine processing).

Relative to the timeline, this does NOT apply to the OTHER FORMS of requests for additional information or documentation. Those who receive a full blown RQ (CIT 0171), or even the RQ-lite (CIT 0520), SHOULD ANTICIPATE significantly longer timelines, ranging from a few months to, perhaps, much longer, depending on the particular procedure involved AND especially depending on the particular facts in the individual's case.

Leading to additional comments about the three different procedures involving requests for additional information: see next post.

gauravsaab

Aug 30, 2011
Regina
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
0786 (<<Joke :P )
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 DEC 2011 (SINP)
Doc's Request.
23 JUNE 2012 (SINP)
Nomination.....
24 JULY 2012 (NOMINATED)
AOR Received.
30 JULY 2012 (APPLIED FOR PPR)
IELTS Request
NO
File Transfer...
NO
Med's Request
04 OCT 2012
Med's Done....
18 OCT 2012
Interview........
NO
Passport Req..
13 march 2013
VISA ISSUED...
NOT YET
LANDED..........
IN CANADA
I have sent in my PPQ-QAE and fingerprints. Within the timeframe they had given me. I do hope that it does not delay my application.

I actually called CIC and they confirmed that they recieved my documents and they do not have any issues showing up on there system thus far.

Thank you for your help @dpenabil appreciate it.
Time frame doesnt matter...
It took me 12days more than the time given to me to submit rq documents.
I have sent them a letter asking for additional time..
tho they didnt reply me about the letter sent but when i requested my gcms notes i can see a note says additional 30days granted..

Reactions: Ronstar

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Can you share approximately WHEN in the process you received the PPQ-QAE CIT 0205, relative to date application sent, AOR, and In Process? (The AOR and IP dates are readily found in your eCAS information at IRCC.)

For comparison, the majority of reports indicate receiving the Quality Assurance exercise within a month or two of the In Process date, indicating a Sydney-based decision prior to local office referral (even though the application may already be in the local office for processing by the time the applicant actually gets the PPQ-QAE), and overall within the first three to five months after IRCC received the application in the mail.

The main reason for asking is that it appears you may have received the PPQ-QAE more than NINE months after sending in your application (this is based on the post in which you state: ". . . it has been two months now that they received my QAE reply, hope I get test invite soon, this wait is frustrating when you don't know the timeline anymore, i am into my thirteenth month now . . . "), which suggests it may have been sent to you AFTER your application was already in process in the local office. Which would suggest a substantive triggering factor rather than RANDOM selection. And of course that would have implications for other applicants as well as you.
i applied 12th Oct17 and got AOR on 19th Nov17, in process on 4th Dec18 and was in process until i received PPQ-QAE CIT 0205 8 months start of July18, submitted all the required documents and still waiting for test invite, no news yet, kinda losing interest in following up with them because I always get generic notes on my GCMS notes,

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
i applied 12th Oct17 and got AOR on 19th Nov17, in process on 4th Dec18 and was in process until i received PPQ-QAE CIT 0205 8 months start of July18, submitted all the required documents and still waiting for test invite, no news yet, kinda losing interest in following up with them because I always get generic notes on my GCMS notes,
Appreciate the reported timeline. This is different than most reports of the PPQ timeline. This illustrates the possibility of PPQ well into the process for prospective and other applicants, something to be aware of.

As for following up with IRCC -- obviously it is important to continue watching for notice or other communications from IRCC, and to periodically check eCas to be better aware of possible notifications. Beyond that, I have long and often cautioned applicants that telephone calls to the Help Centre and ATIP requests for GCMS reports are largely, usually, NOT productive. Mostly, usually, for an obvious reason: the application is in queue waiting for someone to take action on it, so there is NOTHING to report.

There are situations and times when it can be important or at least helpful to make the Help Centre call, and there are exceptional occasions when the ATIP request for copies of one's records can be a prudent move. But this forum is rife with scores of participants who way, way over-do this, wasting time and resources for no purpose. Sure, for some it is important to feel like they are being proactive, to feel like they are doing something. But this is largely a facade, since this rarely accomplishes much, rarely provides an applicant any significant information let alone any information the applicant can use in navigating the process forward (since the applicant's options are almost always still the same, just one practical option: WAIT and WATCH).

No one in this forum can forecast how things will go from here let alone what the timeline will be . . . although the timeline just to when you received the PPQ suggests you are likely to see a significantly longer timeline than most of those routinely processed. That said, a fair GUESS (emphasis on it being a guess) is that your application should be coming around the next corner in the process in the near future, which does not forecast how it will go (at the interview for example) or how long it will take after that, but odds must be leaning on this moving forward relatively soon. In the meantime, it is WAIT and WATCH mode.

Hoping it goes well and more the wait is not too much longer. Again, thank you for clarifying the timeline.

maverickdexter

Star Member
May 30, 2018
I have an update! Passed test today with 20/20 :)
Application sent :
Nov 17, 2017 AOR: Jan 20, 2018
Application in process: Jan 31, 2018
RQ requested: Jan 31 2018 RQ documents sent: Mar 26, 2018 (except for US entry exit records)
US Entry exit records sent: June 15 2018
Test Invite:
Oct 29, 2018
Test Date: Nov 13, 2018 (Mississauga)

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
I have an update! Passed test today with 20/20 :)
Application sent :
Nov 17, 2017 AOR: Jan 20, 2018
Application in process: Jan 31, 2018
RQ requested: Jan 31 2018 RQ documents sent: Mar 26, 2018 (except for US entry exit records)
US Entry exit records sent: June 15 2018
Test Invite: Oct 29, 2018
Test Date: Nov 13, 2018 (Mississauga)
Congratulations

Ronstar

Feb 28, 2014
Time frame doesnt matter...
It took me 12days more than the time given to me to submit rq documents.
I have sent them a letter asking for additional time..
tho they didnt reply me about the letter sent but when i requested my gcms notes i can see a note says additional 30days granted..

Thanks I didnt think would matter.

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Hi Everyone! I checked online and a fifth line has appeared!

Citizenship
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 19, 2017.
3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2017.
4. We sent you correspondence on July 01, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. We sent you a notice on November 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 10, 2018 at 9:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

@dpenabill

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Looking good.

Your timeline is indeed curious (as to time from application to being sent PPQ), compared to other PPQ timeline reports, but of course forum reporting is such a small, small sample, it is entirely feasible this is not unusual, just different from the small sample of reports in this forum.

One of the most persistently misleading propositions advanced in the forum is extrapolating how things will go for others based on how things went for a few or sometimes even just one person (we see almost daily reports in the format: "I had X situation and Y happened, therefore those who had X will have Y happen," often in reference to some X which deviates from the rules or instructions, and Y is a good outcome); these reports are blatantly misleading and should NEVER be relied upon. Thus, for example, notwithstanding a couple dozen or more reports of getting the PPQ within two or three months of the In Process, and until yours no report of the PPQ coming significantly later in the process than that, the most we could extrapolate was that it seemed likely PPQ would come within three or so months of the In Process date but we could not know that for sure . . . and then your reporting precisely illustrated that indeed, despite having numerous consistent reports a different timeline is in fact possible.

In any event, good luck at the test (notwithstanding, I am guessing, you probably do not need good luck).

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 19, 2017.
3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2017.
4. We sent you correspondence on July 01, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
5. We sent you a notice on November 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 10, 2018 at 9:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Looking good.

Your timeline is indeed curious (as to time from application to being sent PPQ), compared to other PPQ timeline reports, but of course forum reporting is such a small, small sample, it is entirely feasible this is not unusual, just different from the small sample of reports in this forum.

One of the most persistently misleading propositions advanced in the forum is extrapolating how things will go for others based on how things went for a few or sometimes even just one person (we see almost daily reports in the format: "I had X situation and Y happened, therefore those who had X will have Y happen," often in reference to some X which deviates from the rules or instructions, and Y is a good outcome); these reports are blatantly misleading and should NEVER be relied upon. Thus, for example, notwithstanding a couple dozen or more reports of getting the PPQ within two or three months of the In Process, and until yours no report of the PPQ coming significantly later in the process than that, the most we could extrapolate was that it seemed likely PPQ would come within three or so months of the In Process date but we could not know that for sure . . . and then your reporting precisely illustrated that indeed, despite having numerous consistent reports a different timeline is in fact possible.

In any event, good luck at the test (notwithstanding, I am guessing, you probably do not need good luck).
thank you for your reply, even though nothing can be predicted but still i have a quick question, do you think they do not send test invite unless PPQ process is completed? what is your gut feeling :)

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
thank you for your reply, even though nothing can be predicted but still i have a quick question, do you think they do not send test invite unless PPQ process is completed? what is your gut feeling :)
I could only GUESS. I do not know how or even when IRCC evaluates the PPQ response. And my guess about this is NOT worth much.

What I do know, however, is that the vast, vast majority of applicants who are qualified, who properly provide accurate and complete information and requested documents, in both the application and in response to requests for additional information or documentation, these applicants will usually sail easily through the interview and be scheduled for the oath, so long as they passed the test.

So far as we can discern, the PPQ is NO sign that IRCC has any particular concern let alone doubts or suspicions. This is unlike RQ related requests.

Thus, while I cannot offer a meaningful guess about how or when IRCC reviews the PPQ response, it is very likely YOU have a good idea about whether there is any issues. If you provided a substantial response to the PPQ, and you are confident you are qualified and have accurately provided the information requested, the odds should be very good that all will go well.

I would note that if the PPQ was a TRUE quality control process, actually it would be reviewed by someone independent of those who are processing the application itself. I do have a guess about this, that it is NOT a true quality control exercise but is also used to specifically screen applicants. So I do think the local office processing the application reviews the PPQ response in processing the application.