+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

gino007

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I would have to ask him about permission to see if he is ok with disclosing his info here. The other issue is that I dont want this to be like an advertisement of a specific lawyer. Lastly, this guy helped me a lot as the circumstances were right for both of us at the right time: he was not overly busy and I was willing to fully cooperate with him. The sheer amount of documents that he required was really difficult to obtain. If I suggest this person here and someone uses him without fully understanding the risks, this might create the false impression that a good lawyer can do anything which is absolutely wrong. Instead I believe I will give some guidelines on how to choose a good lawyer:

Make sure you talk to at least 2 different lawyers: compare their fees, compare their saying in regards to the chances of success. You be the judge of your own case. I paid 3 different lawyers $300 each just to see what they will say in my case (this $900 was on top of the actual fee that I paid). One of them was not even interested in taking my case. The other 2 were willing to take the case but I felt more comfortable in giving my case to this person at he seemed to be able to fight for me not to just take my money. This is important as the removal order cases need a real fight. So even my lawyer may end up to be disliked by you or (maybe the other way around). So again, I suggest that anyone in a similar situation to just google immigration lawyers in their own city (this is the other factor: make sure you are physically present in the same city). If you are not, they can still represent you as it is a federal matter juridically (I am not sure if virtual presentation is an option) but the main issue here is not about that. It is because you need to sit at some point in front of this person and make sure you can trust him with a very delicate matter. So again, my lawyer may not be the best option for everyone.

Do not be cheap with the lawyer once you feel comfortable with him/her. If the price is high but you think you can trust them then you should go with them. The range of the price for a removal order would be somewhere in the $5000 CAD range with some asking as high as $8,000 or even $10,000 depending on the volume of the submissions they have to do and how many time they would need to legally represent you or the number of witnesses they may need to call upon. So yea be prepared financially as well. I was not cheap at all about paying the initial consultations (around $300 per hour) and the later actual fees that my lawyer requested.

When you google the name of immigration lawyers, you want someone not too old or too young and not too busy: I would say at least 4+ years of experience in IAD and Federal Court hearings. The issue with the much more experienced ones or I should say too experienced ones is that (this is my personal opinion and I might be wrong) is that if they are too busy, they most often are just taking the case while giving it to their lower lawyers or assistants who may not give full attention to some important details. As I said this is my personal opinion and I might be very well wrong on this. Mine had about 5 years of experience and quite young and energetic. There are some lawyers who have had media attention. These might also be good options depending on your case.

I think I have said enough. Please accept my apologies for not disclosing a certain name but if it happens to be a case which is denied then I would not want to feel bad for someone by having advertised mine for the reasons I mentioned above. If you do your own due diligence, I am sure there some really good ones out there which will increase your chances of success.

BhargavDadhaniya

Star Member
Apr 1, 2019
Hi guys-
As a daily commuter, I understand we have to declare daily (8 to 5 work) trips to US while applying online for citizenship at Physical Presence step. I have about 700 daily work trips in last 3 years to US.
So I am listing all the entries, started from early 2020. If I enter some of the days (daily work trips) based on assumption and later if it turns out I never left Canada on those days, will that be just fine as I am over declaring the daily trips? In other words, I am entering most of the days in 2020 as daily work trips (during COVID time), but I do not remember if I really crossed the border or I was just working from home.
(I still cannot access travel history and already ordered the FOIA but I do not want to wait for it and I have enough buffer past 1095 requirement).
Pls advise.