+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ versus Physical Presence Questionnaires, including CIT 0205

mohammad1

Nov 5, 2018
Dear Sir/madam

I got CIT 0520 shortly after my test and interview. I did my test and interview one year after my citizenship application.
They have asked for most of documents in CIT 0520 even bank and visa card statements. Do you think I need to wait a long time before I am invited to the oath ceremony?

Many thanks,

omerhaha

Star Member
Dec 15, 2017
Dear Sir/madam

I got CIT 0520 shortly after my test and interview. I did my test and interview one year after my citizenship application.
They have asked for most of documents in CIT 0520 even bank and visa card statements. Do you think I need to wait a long time before I am invited to the oath ceremony?

Many thanks,
When did you get this

rasmy

Nov 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Sir/madam

Many thanks,
Which office?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
The timeline VARIES a LOT, a real LOT. Even routinely processed applicants can wait many months AFTER the interview for a decision and oath ceremony. Let alone the variability in timeline for those issued Presence-Case requests following the interview.

How it goes for an applicant issued RQ-lite (CIT 0520) mostly depends on the facts and circumstances in that particular applicant's case, which in turn depends a lot on how accurately and COMPLETELY the applicant responds to the CIT 0520 request.

YOU know the facts of your case better than anyone (including better than the processing agents and Citizenship Officer handling your application). So YOU are in the best position to assess whether your response will facilitate IRCC's evaluation of your case in a more or less timely fashion.

The individual variables are so many it would be imprudent to speculate. Again, you know the facts. You should have a fairly good idea whether there is cause for IRCC to have concerns about your case. In this regard it is worth noting and emphasizing that there is a tendency among many applicants to identify and focus on what supports their application. What will be more revealing is a brutally objective self-assessment focused on potential weaknesses. Not easy to do.

In any event, this process typically means at least a few more months of processing (which is mostly months during which the application is sitting in a queue, waiting for someone to take action on it), and many times it means several to many more months. BUT if there are some concerns about the applicant's eligibility, it can take many months to a year.

NOTE; a REMINDER: Post-interview Presence-Case requests are very different from the PPQ issued prior to the interview. Even if the PPQ is not actually, entirely random, it does NOT indicate any overt concern or suspicion. Post-interview RQ or RQ-lite (CIT 0520) in which many documents are requested, in contrast, signals some degree of concern if not suspicion. See previous discussions about these, above, for more detail and explanation.

mohammad1

Nov 5, 2018
i received CIT 0205 before my test invitation, what happened during interview? if you can give us some info,
Interview went well. No problem, I got CIT 0520 few days after interview. Although I stayed one year to take part in a citizenship test and interview.

Reactions: hrmehran

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
Interview went well. No problem, I got CIT 0520 few days after interview. Although I stayed one year to take part in a citizenship test and interview.
it is strange that the officer did not mention anything to you about needing extra information and still sent you CIT 0502, usually they issue you CIT 0502 if they have any concerns during interview,

luatorres

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
Here goes my timeline for Citizenship Grant Application.
My husband got selected for the Quality Assurance exercise

App Sent: July 5th, 2018
App Received: July 9th, 2018
AOR: Aug 16th, 2018
In Process: Since Aug 28th, 2018
PPQ/QAE request date: Aug 28th, 2018
PPQ/QAE request received: Sept 07, 2018
Fingerprints sent: Sept 17, 2018
OHIP - health claim request form sent: Sept 21, 2018
OHIP returned the request saying was request incomplete - Oct 08, 2018
Sent new health claim request form: Oct 08, 2018
Sent letter requesting extra time to CIC: Oct 24th,2018
PPQ/QAE returned: Nov 19, 21018
PPQ/QAE received: Nov 21, 21018

maverickdexter

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Hi All:

Finally had my oath yesterday! :)
Application sent :Nov 17, 2017 AOR: Jan 20, 2018
Application in process: Jan 31, 2018
RQ requested (CIT 0205): Jan 31 2018 RQ documents sent: Mar 26, 2018 (except for US entry exit records)
US Entry exit records sent: June 15 2018
Test Invite: Oct 29, 2018
Test Date: Nov 13, 2018 (Mississauga)
Oath Date: Dec,10 2018 (Mississauga)

Good luck to everyone who is waiting!

Last edited:

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hi All:

Finally had my oath yesterday! :)
Application sent :Nov 17, 2017 AOR: Jan 20, 2018
Application in process: Jan 31, 2018
RQ requested: Jan 31 2018 RQ documents sent: Mar 26, 2018 (except for US entry exit records)
US Entry exit records sent: June 15 2018
Test Invite: Oct 29, 2018
Test Date: Nov 13, 2018 (Mississauga)
Oath Date: Dec,10 2018 (Mississauga)

Good luck to everyone who is waiting!
Congratulations.

However, I have a small request: To keep information straight it would be helpful if you clarify which CIT form you received that you are referring to as "RQ."

Please let us know if you received a CIT 0171 form or if it was actually the PPQ-QAE, which includes the CIT 0205 form.

The timeline you report is NOT consistent with other reporting about RQ. RQ, remember, is CIT 0171. It has been several years since we have seen reports about RQ issued by the Sydney office (that is, before the local office has control of the application), and otherwise only sporadic (and fairly NON-credible) reports of pre-test RQ otherwise. (Note: in contrast, during 2012 and 2013, perhaps somewhat into 2014, there was a pre-test RQ program during which the Harper era government was issuing RQ from Sydney; but that procedure appears to have ended before the changes which took effect in 2015).

In contrast, the vast majority of reports about the Quality Assurance Exercise version, that is CIT 0205 PPQ-QAE, indicate a timing which is concurrent with or close in time to the date the application is IN PROCESS, like your timeline.

The difference is significant. With rare exceptions these days, the CIT 0205 is the early issued form asking for residency/presence-related information, versus the actual RQ, the CIT 0171, which is issued at or after the test and interview. The CIT 0205 is supposedly RANDOM and even if it is not entirely random, getting this does not suggest IRCC has any overt suspicions. In contrast, CIT 0171 appears to be issued based on actual concerns or suspicions, when IRCC is to some extent challenging the applicant's presence-qualification. Big difference.

maverickdexter

Star Member
May 30, 2018
Congratulations.

However, I have a small request: To keep information straight it would be helpful if you clarify which CIT form you received that you are referring to as "RQ."

Please let us know if you received a CIT 0171 form or if it was actually the PPQ-QAE, which includes the CIT 0205 form.

The timeline you report is NOT consistent with other reporting about RQ. RQ, remember, is CIT 0171. It has been several years since we have seen reports about RQ issued by the Sydney office (that is, before the local office has control of the application), and otherwise only sporadic (and fairly NON-credible) reports of pre-test RQ otherwise. (Note: in contrast, during 2012 and 2013, perhaps somewhat into 2014, there was a pre-test RQ program during which the Harper era government was issuing RQ from Sydney; but that procedure appears to have ended before the changes which took effect in 2015).

In contrast, the vast majority of reports about the Quality Assurance Exercise version, that is CIT 0205 PPQ-QAE, indicate a timing which is concurrent with or close in time to the date the application is IN PROCESS, like your timeline.

The difference is significant. With rare exceptions these days, the CIT 0205 is the early issued form asking for residency/presence-related information, versus the actual RQ, the CIT 0171, which is issued at or after the test and interview. The CIT 0205 is supposedly RANDOM and even if it is not entirely random, getting this does not suggest IRCC has any overt suspicions. In contrast, CIT 0171 appears to be issued based on actual concerns or suspicions, when IRCC is to some extent challenging the applicant's presence-qualification. Big difference.
I have updated the post. I got CIT 0205.

Reactions: dpenabill

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
I could only GUESS. I do not know how or even when IRCC evaluates the PPQ response. And my guess about this is NOT worth much.

What I do know, however, is that the vast, vast majority of applicants who are qualified, who properly provide accurate and complete information and requested documents, in both the application and in response to requests for additional information or documentation, these applicants will usually sail easily through the interview and be scheduled for the oath, so long as they passed the test.

So far as we can discern, the PPQ is NO sign that IRCC has any particular concern let alone doubts or suspicions. This is unlike RQ related requests.

Thus, while I cannot offer a meaningful guess about how or when IRCC reviews the PPQ response, it is very likely YOU have a good idea about whether there is any issues. If you provided a substantial response to the PPQ, and you are confident you are qualified and have accurately provided the information requested, the odds should be very good that all will go well.

I would note that if the PPQ was a TRUE quality control process, actually it would be reviewed by someone independent of those who are processing the application itself. I do have a guess about this, that it is NOT a true quality control exercise but is also used to specifically screen applicants. So I do think the local office processing the application reviews the PPQ response in processing the application.
@dpenabill Hi Today I got Decision Made online but I don't have any email, When I click on Decision Made I don't see any extra line added after my exam Date Line, any idea what is happening, if it is Decision Made shouldn't I be getting an oath in my email by now?

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017
@dpenabill based on your past experience with other cases, if you have submitted the PPQ 0205 and now after test I have Decision Made online, does that mean they have also finished processing the PPQ 0205? any inputs on that?