File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
look4d said:
Hi mirmukaramali ,

Did you receive RQ before or after test ?

Rite After my Exam..!!

keewan

Nov 16, 2011
look4d said:
Hi guys,
Please let the members of this forum know about this thread so we will know if any one gets a test date already if he got An RQ before test earlier.

As far as I know, no such timeline posted before, please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers
Hi Look4d!

I thought this might interest you, i found it on a different forum...

Sophia232: I just want to share my experience with you about my citizenship application and RQ!
I applied for citizenship in July 2011, I got my RQ AUGUST 2012 , SENT it back in Sep 10th ,except for the travel document from CIBS got a letter from immigration in October 5th requiring finger prints, did it same week , Just got a letter dated November 6th to write the test NEXT WEEK!!I got the Travel document later this week after I got the letter for writing the test ! I sent it yesterday.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
keewan , thank you so much for this share, it was very important , as this is the first time I heard about someone called for the test after the Pretest RQ.

which thread was this message posted?

I appreciate it

keewan

Nov 16, 2011
Unfortunaltely I cannot post links or mention websites here, they wont allow it, there are other forums on the net with these topics, i'm sure you'll find them ;-)

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
Hi firends,

I just got RQ yesterday Nov 19,2012. Was waiting for our tests. Its already been 13 months waiting..very Very very disappointing. Lived here since 2008, have made Canada our home, have bought property, my first child was born in Canada in 2010.. travelled 2 short visits back home and once to US for 2 days. So no clue as to why we have to go throuh this RQ. Now only GOD knows when will we get our Canadian citizenship. We have one specific question about number 6."Are you in the process of applying for PR in another country"? We are confused on this since my spouse has siblings in the US and they sponsored her for US gc 10 years ago .It is still in process.But we have decided to make Canada our permanent home and lived here for more than 4 years as PR by now. So is it going to be an issue for our Canadian Citizenship? Please suggest. Apprecite you all.

mirmukaramali

Jun 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ST.claire
NOC Code......
NOT REQUIRED
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
NOT REQUIRED
Nomination.....
NOT REQUIRED
AOR Received.
14th may 2010
IELTS Request
NOT REQUIRED
File Transfer...
30th may 2011
Med's Request
NOT REQUIRED
Interview........
nov 2013
Canadian2007 said:
Hi firends,

I just got RQ yesterday Nov 19,2012. Was waiting for our tests. Its already been 13 months waiting..very Very very disappointing. Lived here since 2008, have made Canada our home, have bought property, my first child was born in Canada in 2010.. travelled 2 short visits back home and once to US for 2 days. So no clue as to why we have to go throuh this RQ. Now only GOD knows when will we get our Canadian citizenship. We have one specific question about number 6."Are you in the process of applying for PR in another country"? We are confused on this since my spouse has siblings in the US and they sponsored her for US gc 10 years ago .It is still in process.But we have decided to make Canada our permanent home and lived here for more than 4 years as PR by now. So is it going to be an issue for our Canadian Citizenship? Please suggest. Apprecite you all.

Well sorry to hear this,
nothing you can do after you get the RQ.
i had applied in 2010 feb,
did my test in 2011 march.then RQ.
after that waiting waiting waiting more than 21 months.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian2007,
Sorry to hear that , time will pass, seems RQ before test is very common now.

Keep posted

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
hi

Can anybody suggest what should we indicate on question number 6 of the RQ form. It asks "are you in the process of applying for PR in any other country?"Now we are not a permanent resident of US yet however my spouses' sibling sponsored us long time ago and from the last update of the US visa center seems like it will take another 1.5 to 2 years before getting a US immigrant VISA. Thanks everyone.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you are included in the immigrant visa petition then answer yes. Add a cover letter to the RQ with details on this.

Also note there could be multiple reasons for the RQ as per a new file analysis template by CIC indicating risk factors such as self employment. Request for your files under the Privacy Act - CIC site tells you how to do this. This will show the reason for RQ.

Canadian2007

Nov 20, 2012
Hi msafiri,

So would that be a problem in getting our Canadaian citizenship if we are in the process of gettin US greencard? We dont have it yet and do not know when we will get that depends on priority date and other factors. We have already lived in Canada 4 over 4 years now and fullfilled the 1095 days last year. We dont plan to move to the US either as we have so much invested in Canada. Please suggest what sort of a problem we could face with Citizennship judge / official. Thanks.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In the grand scheme of things should not affect it. Its more of an issue for those who are green card holders during the 4 years in question as doubts over residency need to be resolved. Case law from the Federal Court indicates CJ concerns around credibility and/ or the lack of convincing evidence of presence in Canada to be some of the issues facing applicants. Get your GCMS notes vai the access to information process I highlighted above - these will show why you got RQd. I'm sure the forum would appreciate an update once you have this. Note just because you got RQd does not mean your file will go the CJ...your response may satisfy CIC.