+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My recent ATIP request indicates , st.Clair as a secondary office.

It also mentions " To be tested Shelf" which i understand is waiting for Test queue.

I believe the RQ will be processed in St.Clair office. Looks like a long wait for me.

canadavasi

Star Member
Mar 8, 2010
datascientist said:
My recent ATIP request indicates , st.Clair as a secondary office.

It also mentions " To be tested Shelf" which i understand is waiting for Test queue.

I believe the RQ will be processed in St.Clair office. Looks like a long wait for me.

Some other RQ recipients files were processed in Scarborough CIC office and were not sent to St. Clair for processing. Not sure how RQ applications are being processed now. I have just ordered an ATIP request to see where my file is stuck. Responded to RQ in Feb 2015 and still awaiting test invite. Have you considered reaching out to your MP, I am debating if that will be of any help?

janoo

May 16, 2014
Rq cases are minimum 24-36 months if you are lucky your case to be process fast..

as new rule implement application are less now hopefully you will get the out come soon.

datascientist

Star Member
Nov 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Called MP Office, they mentioned that they cannot do anything for non-routine application (read as RQ'ed). However they might help if the 36 month time-frame (as published in CIC for non-routine path) has been past.

canadavasi said:
Some other RQ recipients files were processed in Scarborough CIC office and were not sent to St. Clair for processing. Not sure how RQ applications are being processed now. I have just ordered an ATIP request to see where my file is stuck. Responded to RQ in Feb 2015 and still awaiting test invite. Have you considered reaching out to your MP, I am debating if that will be of any help?

debysousa

May 13, 2014
I've received test date yesterday for this coming tuesday :eek: I'm travelling so needless to say, its a short notice! i've called and the agent was 100% "calm down, no problem". He told me to request to change, that its very normal and its the 1st time, they don't "punish you" and the average time it takes is up to 60 days. Obviously they can't guarantee but he said thats the average.. I am not sure of what to do yet :-\

heres my time line
I've sent in september, picture was wrong so they sent the entire thing back, I re-submited in October.
Received RQ questionnaire and sent reply back end of April. I guess I sent them more the enough papers ;D (I've sent them TONS) so maybe that why it went unusually quick? Who knows...got test date for Aug. 18.

as per online updates, haven't been up to date at all... Ive been checking and test date isn't showing there
1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 24, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on February 12, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on March 2, 2015.