May 16, 2014
If you order your atip than you know your security expire or not, usually take

6-8 weeks for renewal. my time line.

applied Jan. 2012.
in process. march 2012
Rq in march 2013.
Rq replied april 2013.
file transfer to officer Nov. 2014.
file transfer from st.clair to my local office April 7.
security check up completed June 6.
awaiting to hear further..

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lenium said:
What is your reason?
I moved and wanted to make sure I did not miss any communication from the CIC.

janoo said:
If you order your atip than you know your security expire or not, usually take
How detailed was your ATIP? My previous ATIP did not reveal much. First four pages were withheld. Is that common?

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TObound said:
I think it is pure luck kinda game. If you get a nice officer you are in luck. So, good luck!

I called right at 8 am. So, maybe earlier in the day agents are friendlier. Also, I had a good reason why I need my file to be checked.
I support this observation. Some agent will look into your file and make a true effort to give you current information. Other agents will brush you off with the "36 months" standard answer without making any real effort give you the full information. I had a case where an agent pretended to be looking into my file when in fact she did not do anything since it took her only 5 seconds to get back to me. If the agent really looks into your file, you can expect an average of two minutes wait time as they scan the notes in the file and make sense of them.

BTW its not all black, I called call center many times and quite a few of those times I got nice agents who really tried to help me. Others were not that nice.

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
jeune said:
that is my information when i had check on line

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.
................................................................................

file transferred to Calgary office in march 2014
i received rq in march and i sent it in April 2014

when i was visiting my home home country after i applied my file to citizenship, i lost all of my documents in my home country and i came back with travel document.after that they sent me rq but unfortunately i lost all of my documents in my home country, is that could cause any delay in my processing time especially i lost my home country passport with stamps . please i need u answer me
Possibly yes.

If I may suggest you prepare your documentation (whatever you can find) including police records for the unfortunate loss if available. Record of movement if available, and the usual armada of RQ documents (bank statements, credit cards, health card, driver's licence, rental/ownership papers, etc..) and send a letter explaining what happened.

Good luck!

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I now know that application was transferred to/received by Mississauga at the end of May this year.

heavesteave

Jun 20, 2015
Hi everyone
Been watching this forum for quite some time . I taught I'll share with something positive for the morals .
Timeline :
Application : april 2013
Processing : july 2013
Rq requested : april 2014
Rq filed a month later
Test : Nov 2014
Oath invitation : CANADA DAY ;D 2015

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! where was your RQ processed?

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Possibly yes.

If I may suggest you prepare your documentation (whatever you can find) including police records for the unfortunate loss if available. Record of movement if available, and the usual armada of RQ documents (bank statements, credit cards, health card, driver's licence, rental/ownership papers, etc..) and send a letter explaining what happened.

Good luck!
thank you so much for your replay h3a3j6

Starfromindi

Jun 9, 2015
Okay folks- got a letter to take Oath in next 15 days! Finally the wait is over. Took about 1.5 years from the date of application. I had pre-test RQ but fortunately it worked out well. Thank you and good luck! Hope people waiting for their next step of an application hear something soon.

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Hi Janoo.. I did checked my ecas about half an hour ago and guess whaaat...? its DECISION MADE!! The thing is when i click that line it did not say anything about my oath.. (kinda nervous there) all i can see is the test invite which was in April.. wheeew.. :-[ :-[

jeune

Star Member
Oct 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I JUST CHECKED OUT MY E CASE NOW IT is the same

1.We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 23, 2013.
2.We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on September 23, 2013.
3.We started processing your application on January 8, 2014.

drakef2000

Oct 25, 2011
I just want to share my timeline.

Application received: Jan 2012
Started processing and Rq before test: June 2012
Transfer to st Clair from Scarborough: Nov 2012
Assigned to officer :Nov 2014
Security check updated and transfer back to Scarborough: April 2015
Test done and passed: June 23/2015
Oath : July 13/2015

It looks that for 2012 applicant with RQ a timeline of 41-43 month is needed to complete the application

janoo

May 16, 2014
Hi Drakef 2000

Congratulation once again in few days you will be Canadian I was following your
case as your and mine time line is same. I have not heard any thing I have not even
given a chance for interview as test not needed due to my age factor.. 42 months completed
and I hope in next week something come up..

Just remember in your pray..

vathan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2015
We sent you correspondence on July 3, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

is this mean RQ or something like fingerprint. ... I never left cana sinc 2002. ....

is their someone who can help me out.

Thank you in advance.