+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I thought to create a new topic for people who receive their RQ before the Citizenship test.

Mine as follows:
Applied 5th Dec 2011
Received 9th Dec 2011
We started processing your application on June 26, 2012
RQ Received on 18th July 2012
No test date yet till date

I will appreciate it if anyone in the same boat would post his/her timeline as it is pretty new to receive RQ before test nowadays.

Cheers

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
look4d: ;D

did ur case got transfered to any local office ......i mean, from where the RQ was mailed??? from CIC Sydney or Local offfice ..???

:-X

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Polar bear,
The RQ was mailed from the local office ,Mississauga

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
look4d: 8)

what do you think personally might have triggered an RQ for you?

processing times for RQ's are horrible, as far i know it is 18 months to 30 months.

all you can do is sit and wait it out...

:(

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes Polarbear , I heard it takes very long time but if it comes after or at the time of the test day , but I guess no one posted timeline for RQ if it comes Before test date, if I am not mistaken.

What triggers RQ now is traveling after landing in my opinion or at least my case.

Do you know any one had the test date after receiving RQ ?

bko1973

Oct 13, 2012
Hello here is my timeline below:

Application Received October 21, 2012
Started Processing: July 31, 2012
Pre Test RQ Received: August 6, 2012
RQ Mailed back (without the CBSA Report): September 15, 2012

There is absolutely anything one can realy do to avoid receiving the RQ. I myself travelled quite frequently but I have always been employed for at least the 3 years. From what I understand a lot people are receiving RQs these days because of a policy change that went into effect on May 07, 2012. So pretty much any case that shows "processing" after May 7 is most likely going to get an RQ.
Unfortunately we can only hope that they will start processing the RQs soon to get the process moving.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thank you very much for sharing bko1973
You mean Application Received October 21, 2011 right?

We are in the same boat , I hope Receiving RQ before the test is just a time saver for both parties as it makes sense instead of going to the test unprepared with Answers to their questions.

Let's hope for the best

Cheers

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
hey guyzz :)

since CIC has added CBSA report to the citizenship application in september, my guess is people who applied after september with the new application are most likely not to get an RQ.

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
bko1973:

how many residency days did you show ???????

bko1973 said:
Hello here is my timeline below:

Application Received October 21, 2012
Started Processing: July 31, 2012
Pre Test RQ Received: August 6, 2012
RQ Mailed back (without the CBSA Report): September 15, 2012

There is absolutely anything one can realy do to avoid receiving the RQ. I myself travelled quite frequently but I have always been employed for at least the 3 years. From what I understand a lot people are receiving RQs these days because of a policy change that went into effect on May 07, 2012. So pretty much any case that shows "processing" after May 7 is most likely going to get an RQ.
Unfortunately we can only hope that they will start processing the RQs soon to get the process moving.

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
polarbear

So what do you think , as we got it already , should we follow the RQ delay or as we sent the CBSA then no Issues left?

Thanks

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
look4d: 8)

once you get an RQ there is nothing much you can do,

processing times for RQ is 14 to 18 months,

Send your CBSA travel history document along with your residency documents,

play the waiting game and hope for a miracle .... :-X

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Polarbear,

I did send CBSA report 3 days ago after sending the RQ by 40 days.

Yes, I will hope for the best , do you know personally someone got RQ BEFORE the test and has a timeline ? , I searched in this forum but seems it is fairly new procedure and no timelines yet.

What I am trying to say is , RQ after a test is may be triggering delays for uncertainty , but RQ Before test for them to have all the supporting Doc to prof residency, but if you fail to proof , then the delay starts , well, it is just a point of view as none shared RQ timeline before the test yet.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Cheers

polarbear

Sep 17, 2012
look4d:

yes, if you think logically things will fall into place,

it is CIC responsibility to give a test date to everyone who applied for citizenship,

so technically, CIC should process the pre-test RQ's more faster because they have to give a test date for the applicant.

on the other hand, RQ's after the test date, CIC will take its own time because, they are fully aware that you completed the test anyways, and all left is oath cermony.

it is painfull, but as i told be patience, wait and hope for a miracle :-X

look4d

Apr 17, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Polarbear,

Yes, I guess you are right , no choice, so patience is the key :) , let's hope for the best.

Please if you come across any one in the same boat give a hint.

Thanks