+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

krishnaemp

May 12, 2014
@mailvdutt,
yes I ordered Atip almost every month from august 2014, called them multiple times about the delay.

@ balajir,

actually my clearances expired, rcmp in may and csis in nov 2014, and that is what the cit officer told during test and interview and she asked for two months time, so i didnt order atip after jan 5th 2015. i got it in feb showing status as test ready. thats it.

thanks everybody for your wishes,& wish you all the best.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so it looks like close to 5 months to renew clearances and schedule oath........

thank you and congratulations again on your Oath.

thsnks

krishnaemp said:
@ mailvdutt,
yes I ordered Atip almost every month from august 2014, called them multiple times about the delay.

@ balajir,

actually my clearances expired, rcmp in may and csis in nov 2014, and that is what the cit officer told during test and interview and she asked for two months time, so i didnt order atip after jan 5th 2015. i got it in feb showing status as test ready. thats it.

thanks everybody for your wishes,& wish you all the best.

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After how long does the clearance expire? How long is it valid for?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
lenium said:
After how long does the clearance expire? How long is it valid for?
Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

Check the Clearances section:

The applicant must not be subject to the prohibitions contained in sections 21 and 22 of the Act.

Applicant must pass all clearances: Immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).

The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.

Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months
Security: four years

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you. that helps. the ones that expired I think usually take a month or so........

thanks

thecoolguysam said:
Here is the link:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/grant/adult.asp

Check the Clearances section:

The applicant must not be subject to the prohibitions contained in sections 21 and 22 of the Act.

Applicant must pass all clearances: Immigration, criminality (RCMP) and security (CSIS).

The CPC-S initiates all clearances. Validity for clearances is as indicated below.

Immigration: one year
Criminality: 18 months
Security: four years

krishnaemp

May 12, 2014
Hi BalajiR,

I think it took them 1 month to renew my clearances. Actually it was my mistake I made in cit application I got RQ, I had entered 1 date wrong, and the first thing I mentioned that in the interview and then the officer said thats not a problem as I had 1246 physical presence days.

good luck

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you krishnaemp. my file is more complicated. I lost my passport and CoPR.

thanks

krishnaemp said:
Hi BalajiR,

I think it took them 1 month to renew my clearances. Actually it was my mistake I made in cit application I got RQ, I had entered 1 date wrong, and the first thing I mentioned that in the interview and then the officer said thats not a problem as I had 1246 physical presence days.

good luck

Simp

Nov 6, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am new to this thread.My question is if every one is getting RQ who applies for citizenship now or there are specifics pertained to individual case.

Thanks

S

janoo

May 16, 2014
No : very few percentage get RQ. Mainly reason for RQ , extensive travel,
middle east migration, earlier applied and withdrawn, etc.. these are the main
reason for RQ other than very simple, if you have job for extended period in Canada
and have enough proof to show your residency than RQ chances is thin..

wanderfall

Jan 19, 2015
BalajiR said:
thank you krishnaemp. my file is more complicated. I lost my passport and CoPR.

thanks
Ah, I see why I got a rq,
I lost my PR one time in the US too.

even though I withdrawn, I was still furious about the delay.

Itenka

Dec 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanderfall, what made you decide to withdraw your citizenship application, if you don't mind my asking?

lenium

Dec 2, 2014
Visa Office......
Edmonton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wanderfall, are you re-applying? or have you already done so?

redapple

Apr 23, 2011
Sent my application -Dec 24,2014
Received by CIC- Jan 02,2015

Application returned- Jan 12,2015 (coz fee increased, supposed to be received on dec 30 but due to Canada Post error, got delayed and cost me an additional $230.00) Sad
mailed Jan 15,2015
received by CIC - Jan 18,2015
Received CIC Email acknowledging receipt from CPC sydney NS - March 05, 2015
Received mail from CIC with RESIDENCE Questionnare dated March 05,2015 from CIC Central City Surrey

I am short by 18 days from the required physical presence due to hospitalization abroad but took the chance and wrote for consideration. Anyone who is in the same boat as me? What are my chances of getting approved by citizenship judge? Need your input.

krishnaemp

May 12, 2014
@Red Apple

You should have waited 1 more month before applying. Your application may be rejected, and you may even lose your processing fee. I think after new citizenship act, your case may not even go to a judge. the citizenship officer has the right to reject your application. If your application is not yet processed, withdraw and apply, I think they will refund your money. Call the call centre, they may help you.