+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

RQ before test , timeline

canadianNow1

Jan 28, 2015
I would like to share my timeline. I rec. RQ (pre-test)
Applied : April 2012
Procession: December 2012
RQ: March 2013
Submitted: April 2013
Test: June 2013
Oath: Jan 2015

I was reading all of the forums and know how stressed everyone is (who rec. RQ. ). The only thing i can tell at this point is have faith and it will work out.

Also, for my RQ papers i have never sent tons and tons of documents. Just the relevant ones to show that i was residing here during the period of time.

Thanks and wishing all of you the very best.

carbo

May 29, 2014
canadianNow1 said:
I would like to share my timeline. I rec. RQ (pre-test)
Applied : April 2012
Procession: December 2012
RQ: March 2013
Submitted: April 2013
Test: June 2013
Oath: Jan 2015

I was reading all of the forums and know how stressed everyone is (who rec. RQ. ). The only thing i can tell at this point is have faith and it will work out.

Also, for my RQ papers i have never sent tons and tons of documents. Just the relevant ones to show that i was residing here during the period of time.

Thanks and wishing all of you the very best.
Did they ask anything with regards to what have you been doing after "the relevant period" ? should I prepare documents or answers for any questions that can come in the interview about my life since the submission of the application? Thanks!

krishnaemp

May 12, 2014
Hi everybody,

Had test on Friday at Mississauga. everything is routine. Finally said that as our background checks expired and if everything is okay, in 2 months we may get oath. Hoping for the best.

All the best to all of you guys.

Zumba369

Star Member
Aug 23, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amazing21 said:
i want my OATH LETTER !!!!!!

i dont want to wait anymore

my test was may of 2014....
Sorry to hear that.

Which is your timeline?

Thanks,

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOV 2012- I APPLIED

THEY SENT ME pre-RQ I CANT REMEMBER WHEN.

I ONLY SUBMITTED IN APRIL 2014

TEST IN MAY 2014 in SCARBOUROUGH. OFFICER TOLD ME OATH WOULD BE IN ABOUT 3-6 MONTHS..AND IT'S gonna be 10 months from test in MARCH…and no news from them at all !!!!!!!! I EVEN sent a letter asking the reason for delay they didn't respond….last news in november was that the file was transferred to st clair………( but he didn't say when it was transferred though) and I forgot to ask.

Bottom line i never asked for ATIP because I heard it's bad to request because usually when you request that your file is sent to another officer and there's more delays ! I'm not sure if this is true but I never requested this atip

moti

Oct 24, 2012
amazing 21, do ask for ATIP ,it does not have a negative impact on your application, as this option is offered by CIC itself. In fact if your file is a forgotten one, sitting beneath a pile of files, it ll be taken out and someone ll be seeing it at CIC. so order an ATIP and see your application status.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree as I believe requesting an ATIP report forces CIC to look at your file otherwise it will be sitting in dust. In my own personal experience, after requesting an ATIP, I immediately received a letter from CIC requesting more documents. I am not sure if that was a coincidence or not but I guess it does not hurt to try and it could give you can idea where your application stand.

moti said:
amazing 21, do ask for ATIP ,it does not have a negative impact on your application, as this option is offered by CIC itself. In fact if your file is a forgotten one, sitting beneath a pile of files, it ll be taken out and someone ll be seeing it at CIC. so order an ATIP and see your application status.

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
djoli said:
I agree as I believe requesting an ATIP report forces CIC to look at your file otherwise it will be sitting in dust. In my own personal experience, after requesting an ATIP, I immediately received a letter from CIC requesting more documents. I am not sure if that was a coincidence or not but I guess it does not hurt to try and it could give you can idea where your application stand.
Same thing with me once I got ATIP and wrote to CIC for correction of the date enter to Canada. A week later my ecas got updated saying CIC is sending me a letter. I have been wondering if I should never asked for the ATIP.

Good luck,

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ask for electronic files that will not delay your application.

amazing21 said:
ok i will do that guys..what kind of atop should i request ?

eletronic files ?
thanks

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
ok at the bottom there's a question " USE THE SPACE BELOW TO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP CIC TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST (1500 characters)..

Should I write in the space I'm requesting ATIP BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW THE STAGE OF MY CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION BECAUSE I TOOK THE TEST IN MAY /2014 ? AND I HAVEN'T GOT THE OATH LETTER YET ?

COMMENTS PLEASE ! THANKS

alexdive

Aug 19, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
oct 23, 2014
LANDED..........
12-01-2012
amazing21 said:
ok at the bottom there's a question " USE THE SPACE BELOW TO PROVIDE ANY INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP CIC TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST (1500 characters)..

Should I write in the space I'm requesting ATIP BECAUSE I WANT TO KNOW THE STAGE OF MY CITIZENSHIP APPLICATION BECAUSE I TOOK THE TEST IN MAY /2014 ? AND I HAVEN'T GOT THE OATH LETTER YET ?

COMMENTS PLEASE ! THANKS
ATIP won't hurt you -you should do it.

supercarp

Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi krishnaemp, have you got any updates? I also need to take the test this week in mississauga. applied in march 2011, and four years until this moment, though my own fault to miss previous tests in 2012.
one thing i'm not sure is whether this is a result of the RQ review, i.e., RQ is done, or it is only a separate test independent of RQ? The latest ATIP indicates a "DX2 - final test" instruction from St. Clair, and the office has also changed back to Mississauga (home). Thanks.

krishnaemp said:
Hi everybody,

Had test on Friday at Mississauga. everything is routine. Finally said that as our background checks expired and if everything is okay, in 2 months we may get oath. Hoping for the best.

All the best to all of you guys.