+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
owenaze said:
Hello Team,

Please could someone explain the difference btw the two questions about being refused visa under "Statutory Questions" in PR application? Both questions appear to be the same. I had a Canada study visa refused previously and not sure which one applies.
What questions? What form? There might be different forms for different PR applications. You need to be more specific. BTW, this thread is not the right place to ask this question.

owenaze

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
pfse said:
What questions? What form? There might be different forms for different PR applications. You need to be more specific. BTW, this thread is not the right place to ask this question.
pfse please calm down. I don't think there will always be comments about rejection on this thread. Also, if people don't get help here after learning from others, they might end up with the same rejection.
In eAPR, under Personal History, there is a section for Statutory Questions. Here, several questions are asked but two questions in particular seem to be asking the same thing; but from other people's experience on this thread, there is a serious consequence for not answering these questions correctly. They are:
1. Has XYZ been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de selection...) or visit or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?
2. Had XYZ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
With a previously refused Canadian study visa, do I have to answer Yes to both questions or one? Which one?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Answer Yes to both. And this is a thread to discuss rejections (not really how to avoid them) so that comment was justified.

owenaze

Star Member
Sep 27, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
Asivad Anac said:
Answer Yes to both. And this is a thread to discuss rejections (not really how to avoid them) so that comment was justified.
Many thanks Asivad.

fzxsfzxs

Nov 5, 2015
Dear all,
I have a question please help me out, I wonder for the semi-salary paystub should be the same number on the checks for semi-monthly salary ,should it be included statutory holidays shown on the paystub?
Thank you all in advance

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
fzxsfzxs said:
Dear all,
I have a question please help me out, I wonder for the semi-salary paystub should be the same number on the checks for semi-monthly salary ,should it be included statutory holidays shown on the paystub?
Thank you all in advance
This thread is meant for reasons for rejection. Pls post question in your own thread or elsewhere where appropriate.

ramiaw

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi every one , i am new in this forume and hope if you can help me in the below question plzz

i believe that I will get ITA in the coming round , i am planning to apply immediately , which mean probably my E-PR will be submitted at the end of this month,

my question is , my IELTS will be expired at the end of January , which mean that my application in CIC will be still "in process". Will this will leas to reject my app ? Or will this be a problem for me ? will they ask me to re apply to the IELTS again ,

actually , i could not find a clear answer for this in this forum , and i emailed some consultants with no response

Appreciate your help in advance

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As long as you submitted before all documents expired( in case before 1-2 months expired) and you'll be able to access ECAS. I think you should be fine.

Good luck

prcand

Oct 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just had my medical and seemed like they gave me EDE. judging by your case, it may also happen to me. So my question is, would you know how is CIC treating the "wrong medical" recently? I asked the panel whether I should do non-EDE, they said all upfront would be EDE. I couldnt argue with them of course, as they are in the best position to determine the type of test, given that CIC should have guided them on these things.

Or i could explore two options. One, insist for the panel to re-do my exam as non EDE, no matter how much the cost, before them sending the results to CIC. Downside is that, they may not do it, and why would they? at the end of the day, they are expected to know better than me and have the right not to re do my test since I have no (at least none yet) directive or letter from CIC that I can refer to insist on non-EDE.

Second alternative, write to CIC a letter of explanation and tell them the clinic recommended for EDE, and even after some counter-reasoning on my end for them to do non-EDE, they still firmly concluded all upfront should be EDE. No to choice but to oblige.

What you think?

yelena said:
in some cases you are able to get your application reopend. You need to send CSE with a valid reason.

they rejected my application because a mistake on their end, that had nothing to do with me, or with anything I could have influenced - apperantly they assesed my medical for temporary residence only. Plenty of cases same as mine followed, and we all got our applications reopened., there was a separate thread on the forum, and they are also all described in this thread as well

ramiaw

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meya06 said:
As long as you submitted before all documents expired( in case before 1-2 months expired) and you'll be able to access ECAS. I think you should be fine.

Good luck
Thank you so much, I feel more comfortable now

but what is the ECAS plz ??

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
prcand said:
I just had my medical and seemed like they gave me EDE. judging by your case, it may also happen to me. So my question is, would you know how is CIC treating the "wrong medical" recently? I asked the panel whether I should do non-EDE, they said all upfront would be EDE. I couldnt argue with them of course, as they are in the best position to determine the type of test, given that CIC should have guided them on these things.

Or i could explore two options. One, insist for the panel to re-do my exam as non EDE, no matter how much the cost, before them sending the results to CIC. Downside is that, they may not do it, and why would they? at the end of the day, they are expected to know better than me and have the right not to re do my test since I have no (at least none yet) directive or letter from CIC that I can refer to insist on non-EDE.

Second alternative, write to CIC a letter of explanation and tell them the clinic recommended for EDE, and even after some counter-reasoning on my end for them to do non-EDE, they still firmly concluded all upfront should be EDE. No to choice but to oblige.

What you think?
Hi Just sharing my exp in Medical, I am PNP --> CEC ; when i did upfront medical the doctor did Non EDE worker for me and my wife. when i asked about it they said they have received a big email from CIC saying all express entry should be Non EDE worker .... I am not an expert so cant comment if yours is correct or not ... just shared my exp if in case it helps ....

ramiaw

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prcand said:

What you think?
Hi guys, could you guide me please,

My appointment to do the up-front medical exam is tomorrow,

But after reading this I become really confused,,,

What is the EDE. And NON-EDE ??

And do you advice me to wait till i get the invitation??

Queries

Jul 7, 2015
ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26 Oct 2015
Doc's Request.
Multiple times
Nomination.....
ON
AOR Received.
26 Oct 2015
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
24 Feb 2016 :)
VISA ISSUED...
1-March-2016 (Passport received - 11 March 2016)
LANDED..........
12-March-2106
ramiaw said:
Hi guys, could you guide me please,

My appointment to do the up-front medical exam is tomorrow,

But after reading this I become really confused,,,

What is the EDE. And NON-EDE ??

And do you advice me to wait till i get the invitation??

I found these link regarding Non EDE :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-non-ede-medical-exam-t355056.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/upfront-medical-type-worker-t345598.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/difference-between-ede-and-non-ede-t343156.0.html;wap2=
Hope this helps ...

ramiaw

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Queries said:
I found these link regarding Non EDE :
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/what-is-non-ede-medical-exam-t355056.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/upfront-medical-type-worker-t345598.0.html
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/difference-between-ede-and-non-ede-t343156.0.html;wap2=
Hope this helps ...
thank you , links were really helpful, good luck

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
All economic class PR applications (CEC, FSW, PNP etc.) should been Non EDE.

EDE is only for refugee, spouse of already existing PR etc.

EDE is excessive demand exempt. The clause in CIC medical guidelines that if you have a medical condition which might put strain on Canadian health care system to cater, this is a genuine ground for refusal of PR on medical basis.

If doctor writes "EDE" it means they didn't evaluate a candidate for any thing falling in excessive demands category. This is obviously wrong for any CEC, FSW, PNP etc. since they need to be evaluated as "Non EDE"

I have seen at least once case in which CIC told the applicant their medical was wrong (was done for temp stay) instead of for permanent one and have to redo it.

Although practically there is no difference in what they evaluate as far as i know. But the wording has to be correct and you shouldn't take any chances with CIC.