+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Reasons for Rejection

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
I am on post-grad work permit while my spouse is on spousal OWP. I have applied for PR as CEC-PNP. Doc marked us as EDE-Family and our medicals are showing passed in mycic account. Also in ECAS it is showing medical results have been received.

Meya06

Jun 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ramiaw said:
Thank you so much, I feel more comfortable now

but what is the ECAS plz ??
Client application status. You can check out this link.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
yellowknifer said:
I am on post-grad work permit while my spouse is on spousal OWP. I have applied for PR as CEC-PNP. Doc marked us as EDE-Family and our medicals are showing passed in mycic account. Also in ECAS it is showing medical results have been received.
Sounds great. The point is that having seen the opposite, i won't take a chance on that. The term "visitor" vs worker or family isn't that big an issue, since they know details of your current status any way. but EDE vs Non EDE is important from medical classification.

May be in your case, the doctor was comprehensive (like mine) and they uploaded a copy of AOR along with rest of medicals, which made very clear it was medicals for PR.

ramiaw

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Meya06 said:
Client application status. You can check out this link.

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas
thank you boss

yellowknifer

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
fkl said:
Sounds great. The point is that having seen the opposite, i won't take a chance on that. The term "visitor" vs worker or family isn't that big an issue, since they know details of your current status any way. but EDE vs Non EDE is important from medical classification.

May be in your case, the doctor was comprehensive (like mine) and they uploaded a copy of AOR along with rest of medicals, which made very clear it was medicals for PR.
I don't know how she did the reports but I told her that I want our medicals for immigration under the new EE system. She said she knows which category to select and I am glad it worked for me as a Family EDE and its now almost a month my medicals are passed by CIC.

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Hello Everyone,

Please I need advice on what to do. My application was cancelled on Nov 12 for missing PCC and letter of explanation not showing I had requested for it. I immediately called the consulate or high commission of my home country who was processing the PCC for me and based here in Canada. They confirmed receiving the police clearance from Nigeria and it was just awaiting them to certify also (their own attestation). After much plea, I was sent an electronic copy of the PCC on Nov 12 and then sent CSE on Nov 12 with the document and explanation. The consulate will certify the PCC today and send it to me both electronic as well as by mail. My score is 488 right now, is it advisable to just go ahead and create another Express Entry profile.

My timeline is as follows
Invitation to apply for ITA: SEP 8
ITA submitted: NOV 6
AOR & Review in progress: NOV 6
Cancelled as incomplete: NOV 12
CSE with PCC: NOV 12

Which means my process would have been very fast if not for the PCC.

Here is the letter from CIC

Date: NovemberX, 2015
UCI: XXXXXX
Application: XXXXXXX
Dear XXXXX:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
The letter of explanation regarding the Police Certificate from XXXX you have provided with your application, has been reviewed, however, with the absence of proof of submission for that Police Certificate, we are unable to determine that you made your best efforts to obtain the required document.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes a refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already paid this fee.

Job Seeker account
Since your application is rejected, you are no longer a candidate for Express Entry and your Express Entry profile number is no longer valid.
If you registered for the Government of Canada’s Job Bank, you should deactivate or remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website. You should also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any.
New Express Entry profile
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you must submit a new Express Entry profile through your MyCIC account. If you choose to submit a new Express Entry profile, you must make sure your documents are valid on:
- the date you submit your new Express Entry profile,
- the date you submit your application for permanent residence, if you are invited to apply.
The information you submitted as part of your original Express Entry profile will remain in your MyCIC account for 60 calendar days from the date of this letter. This information can be used to submit a new Express Entry profile.
If you submit a new Express Entry profile, you will get a new profile number. You will also get directions on how to register for Job Bank with this new number.
Find out more about immigrating to Canada on our website.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
^^ Sorry to hear about that..
Firstly, it is not necessary that it would have been processed very fast.. they check for completeness first. So just the fact that they did not find the PCC or LOE means it was rejected without even looking further.... this is usually the first step they do.
Unfortunately, it seems that because it was your fault, I do not think they may reopen the CSE...

If you want to create a new EE profile, I suggest you do so iMMEDIATELY, as people are expecting a draw within a couple of hours... I would send the CSE as well as create a new profile... and then see how it goes from there...

Goodluck!

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godsdaughter said:
Hello Everyone,

Please I need advice on what to do. My application was cancelled on Nov 12 for missing PCC and letter of explanation not showing I had requested for it. I immediately called the consulate or high commission of my home country who was processing the PCC for me and based here in Canada. They confirmed receiving the police clearance from Nigeria and it was just awaiting them to certify also (their own attestation). After much plea, I was sent an electronic copy of the PCC on Nov 12 and then sent CSE on Nov 12 with the document and explanation. The consulate will certify the PCC today and send it to me both electronic as well as by mail. My score is 488 right now, is it advisable to just go ahead and create another Express Entry profile.

My timeline is as follows
Invitation to apply for ITA: SEP 8
ITA submitted: NOV 6
AOR & Review in progress: NOV 6
Cancelled as incomplete: NOV 12
CSE with PCC: NOV 12

Which means my process would have been very fast if not for the PCC.

Here is the letter from CIC

Date: NovemberX, 2015
UCI: XXXXXX
Application: XXXXXXX
Dear XXXXX:
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has reviewed your application for permanent residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a complete application as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
The letter of explanation regarding the Police Certificate from XXXX you have provided with your application, has been reviewed, however, with the absence of proof of submission for that Police Certificate, we are unable to determine that you made your best efforts to obtain the required document.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.

Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes a refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already paid this fee.

Job Seeker account
Since your application is rejected, you are no longer a candidate for Express Entry and your Express Entry profile number is no longer valid.
If you registered for the Government of Canada’s Job Bank, you should deactivate or remove your Job Seeker profile from the Job Bank website. You should also remove any references that you are a candidate for Express Entry from any private job board websites, if you used any.
New Express Entry profile
If you still want to come to Canada as a skilled immigrant, you must submit a new Express Entry profile through your MyCIC account. If you choose to submit a new Express Entry profile, you must make sure your documents are valid on:
- the date you submit your new Express Entry profile,
- the date you submit your application for permanent residence, if you are invited to apply.
The information you submitted as part of your original Express Entry profile will remain in your MyCIC account for 60 calendar days from the date of this letter. This information can be used to submit a new Express Entry profile.
If you submit a new Express Entry profile, you will get a new profile number. You will also get directions on how to register for Job Bank with this new number.
Find out more about immigrating to Canada on our website.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Sorry Im going to be a lil harsh here,

Nigerias PCC is one of the easiest to get so you will most likely not get your CSE granted.

There is a website and email on how to get PCC (http://www.nigeriacrb.com/apply_now.htm and you would normally get it in about 10 working days which is well within your 60 days post ITA. There is also an info on CIC website on how to get one.

If your application was to be processed in Ottawa, it wouldnt have been fast as you think because that is usually the first thing that is checked after medicals I think.

My point- it was your fault, so create a new profile as quick as NOW, in case there is a draw tonight. You have all your documents so you should be able to submit another application next week it there was a draw tonight.

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Ibyt said:
Sorry Im going to be a lil harsh here,

Nigerias PCC is one of the easiest to get so you will most likely not get your CSE granted.

There is a website and email on how to get PCC and you would normally get it in about 10 working days which is well within your 60 days post ITA. There is also an info on CIC website on how to get one.

If your application was to be processed in Ottawa, it wouldnt have been fast as you think because that is usually the first thing that is checked after medicals I think.

My point- it was your fault, so create a new profile as quick as NOW, in case there is a draw tonight. You have all your documents so you should be able to submit another application next week it there was a draw tonight.
I didn't even know I required a PCC for EE until I found it on my checklist.
Even at that, I am surprised my letter of explanation didn't suffice.
Because I provided a covering letter and even informed them I was going to upload it in two weeks time upon receipt.
Anyhoo, what has happened has happened. I am filling out my EE again right now.
Thanks for your reply.

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Thank you all for your comments. I sincerely appreciate it.

Please I have just submitted a new one application and it hasn't generated a new application number for me yet.

Thanks.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godsdaughter said:
I didn't even know I required a PCC for EE until I found it on my checklist.
Even at that, I am surprised my letter of explanation didn't suffice.
Because I provided a covering letter and even informed them I was going to upload it in two weeks time upon receipt.
Anyhoo, what has happened has happened. I am filling out my EE again right now.
Thanks for your reply.
Your LOE cant suffice because it clearly says on CICs website that you need to get a PCC for every country you have lived for 6 months after 18.

If your documents are not complete after eApr, then you will be held responsible for it, only people who have applied for USA FBI PCC are exempted because applying for that takes more than 3 months and 60 days post ITA would have elapsed.

Btw, I hope you got an ITA because a draw just happened.

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Ibyt said:
Your LOE cant suffice because it clearly says on CICs website that you need to get a PCC for every country you have lived for 6 months after 18.

If your documents are not complete after eApr, then you will be held responsible for it, only people who have applied for USA FBI PCC are exempted because applying for that takes more than 3 months and 60 days post ITA would have elapsed.

Btw, I hope you got an ITA because a draw just happened.
No I didn't receive an invitation.
The system is taking so long to process itself.

For the job bank, do I need to deactivate and create it again? I only updated my express entry information on my old job bank perhaps that's why there is a delay?

Also, I will send you an email with the PCC from the high commission. I don't mind doing a new one by getting it direcly from home because I don't want to go through this again.

ellia

Nov 12, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-10-2015
AOR Received.
22-11-2015
Med's Done....
23-11-2015
Passport Req..
16-05-2016
LANDED..........
04-07-2016
I think I remember something about having to create a new Job Bank account for a new EE account. You better check that at the CIC website.

Ibyt

Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Godsdaughter said:
No I didn't receive an invitation.
The system is taking so long to process itself.

For the job bank, do I need to deactivate and create it again? I only updated my express entry information on my old job bank perhaps that's why there is a delay?

Also, I will send you an email with the PCC from the high commission. I don't mind doing a new one by getting it direcly from home because I don't want to go through this again.
Oh dear! You narrowly missed the draw! You should have started a fresh profile, the old job bank is why you didnt get a ref number. Its late now so focus on the next draw. Hopefully it happens soon enough for you.
Your PCC should be a reddish paper with your passport photo attached and the copy of the finger print page(s) you applied with, all signed and stamped by the officer that treated your application.

Godsdaughter

Star Member
Nov 13, 2015
Ibyt said:
Oh dear! You narrowly missed the draw! You should have started a fresh profile, the old job bank is why you didnt get a ref number. Its late now so focus on the next draw. Hopefully it happens soon enough for you.
Your PCC should be a reddish paper with your passport photo attached and the copy of the finger print page(s) you applied with, all signed and stamped by the officer that treated your application.
That's fine.
I did create a new one with a new job bank, with the status below:
Express Entry Profile Effective Date 14-November-2015
Express Entry Client Expiry Date 14-November-2016
Job Bank Registration Pending

I have been on this all day and I am calling it a night.
I will just ensure I have my PPC ready for whenever I make the draw again.
Thanks.