+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Tsao

Star Member
Aug 22, 2019
It is literally in their mission statement.

https://www.budget.gc.ca/2021/report-rapport/p2-en.html

"The Government of Canada intends to propose amendments to the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act to provide the Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada with authority to use Ministerial Instructions to help select those candidates who best meet Canada’s labour market needs from among the growing pool of candidates who wish to become permanent residents through the Express Entry System."
  • Streamlining Express Entry
that is the title of this section...we do not know what will happen next

Reactions: voyager123

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Stop replying on Indian media-all they know is to speak highly of India; anything lesser and one would be branded an anti-nationalist.
Seems like you know more than the Indian scientists. I do rely on every source. There is no exception for me if the source is trusted for me. Doesn’t matter whether it’s come from Indian Media or Foreign one.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
Seems like you know more than the Indian scientists. I do rely on every source. There is no exception for me if the source is trusted for me. Doesn’t matter whether it’s come from Indian Media or Foreign one.
if its Trump or Modi or one of their supporters, I'm not gonna believe a word that comes out of their mouth!

but on a more serious note, I hope everyone in India right now is safe, as well as your families

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I hear voices inside my head nowadays "why do I exist? why? what's the purpose of this life? where is this life taking me to? " hehe
I try to be pragmatic. MY frustration is on another level. It's like the universe is playing a cruel game with me.
I was/am never able to cope up with the changes and there is always something, out of nothing, apparently. I can see it but can't ever touch it.
I get that everything here is speculation and immigration is not something to be the primary focus of one's life anyways.
It's just too hard to put aside when someone has put 2-3 years into preparation only to find himself into an uncertain limbo.
And judging by the news/speculations over the course of last few weeks, things aren't definitely turning towards good.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Don't know if any of you saw the Canada 2021 budget, but there were a couple of interesting points in there related to Immigration and Express Entry

1. The Government plans to replace the GCMS
  2. In future, there may be a specific consideration for gender in Express Entry. The wording (below) is vague in the Budget, but it could mean additional points for women, or even gender-specific draws in the future.
GCMS needs a huge upgrade to function properly. That's good news.

The gender part, wouldn't the constitute as discrimination? Missing out invitation based on your gender is not so different from say religion, ethnicity, etc... The difference is not even that high and in fact women applicants have increased year-to-year, so it is extremely bizarre thing to budget for.

Reactions: shank15

shank15

Mar 3, 2020

The gender part, wouldn't the constitute as discrimination? Missing out invitation based on your gender is not so different from say religion, ethnicity, etc... The difference is not even that high and in fact women applicants have increased year-to-year, so it is extremely bizarre thing to budget for.
Yes, this is strange. Let's say, Canada needs more men in the future. So, in a draw, a less qualified man would be selected over a more qualified woman? I don't know what to think of this.

nns14

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Nairobi, Kenya
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-09-2019
File Transfer...
24-10-2019
Passport Req..
18-Jul-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2022
LANDED..........
11-Jan-2023
Yes, this is strange. Let's say, Canada needs more men in the future. So, in a draw, a less qualified man would be selected over a more qualified woman? I don't know what to think of this.
That bold part. Instead of "less qualified man" it is "less qualified woman" getting selected ahead of the man. It is definitely wrong to select candidates based on their gender, and although Canada has full autonomy to select whom to invite, discriminating between candidates is unlawful in their own rules. I am not a lawyer but I think it is something that can be challenged in court with high chance of winning it.

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018

I am sure this change will come so that IRCC can brag about it later, that's how the immigration minister operates. They should add other options for gender so that we can claim points under them and get ITA that way :D

shank15

Mar 3, 2020
That bold part. Instead of "less qualified man" it is "less qualified woman" getting selected ahead of the man. It is definitely wrong to select candidates based on their gender, and although Canada has full autonomy to select whom to invite, discriminating between candidates is unlawful in their own rules. I am not a lawyer but I think it is something that can be challenged in court with high chance of winning it.
I'm just dumbfounded at how this was approved in the first place.

As a side note, it's not necessarily a bad thing for men... If there are more women than men in the country, that just means men have more options to choose from... I'm single btw :p.

• Haha
Reactions: jesse1120

SovonHalder

Star Member
Mar 27, 2021
India
I'm just dumbfounded at how this was approved in the first place.

As a side note, it's not necessarily a bad thing for men... If there are more women than men in the country, that just means men have more options to choose from... I'm single btw :p.
So that's another reason why single people might want to move to Canada now? Women?

• Haha
Reactions: shank15
Status
Not open for further replies.