+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of hope - FSW - 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020
Oh that's unfortunate. Good luck though, wish you the best
Thanks! I do hope that the NOC ranges will be broad if the program gets modified. Or at least there are some French specific draws. Maybe we're all worried about nothing and the changes won't be that drastic. I just hope and pray! It's my entire life's work.

joshytu

Dec 6, 2020
It was quite read going through this thread. Seems like the gist of it is FSW intake will be on pause for looooooooooong time. Damn really saddens how things have turned out; started the process in 2019 and when close to reaching the goal, seems like the target is still far away!

It's also terrible that the only country inviting immigrants have also closed their borders. Sign of the times... Sigh...

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was also about to ask the same question. Is it fine if we create 2 profiles with low and high CRS score.
No - you can only have one EE profile.

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020
I'm not sure. You may have to look into dual-intent. I know it's an issue if you were going to the US, but I remember reading somewhere that you can be applying for PR and still apply for a student visa in Canada. You'd just have to be honest and convince them that if you don;'t get a PR, you'd return after your degree is done. Age is irrelevant for degrees.
There is no problem with that here, dual intent is completely fine in Canada. Legalfalcon has mentioned it a few times, don't have any links though. I applied for a closed work permit at the same time as PR, and there was no problem. Work permit was approved

starlordavuthu

Apr 13, 2020
I'm not sure. You may have to look into dual-intent. I know it's an issue if you were going to the US, but I remember reading somewhere that you can be applying for PR and still apply for a student visa in Canada. You'd just have to be honest and convince them that if you don;'t get a PR, you'd return after your degree is done. Age is irrelevant for degrees.
One of the main reason student visa gets rejected is due to lack of ties to applicant's home country. I am not sure if this changes because applicant has entered PR pool?

D

Deleted member 1006777

1. No, not for a few months.
2. Yes it's possible, nobody can say for sure.

Asking the same question over and over won't change the answer.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
of course asking the SAME question in a DIFFERENT time MIGHT change the answer.
yes as time varies, new information will be updated with details. we all should be very keen on collecting updated info at the earliest so we could act quick. "Time is Money", my boss used to remind me of this quite often.

dankboi

VIP Member
Apr 19, 2021
London, United Kingdom
Category........
FSW
I have a question !

Since there is no use in waiting for FSW draws , waiting months and years for an invitation and another couple of years for the COPR is pretty waste. By that time some folks would reach 32-35 years of age. so I am thinking of leaving my profile in the pool as it is and change the strategy by taking the studies route. And my question is, if some miracle happens and I get an ITA when I'm on student visa in Canada, is this situation possible ? if it is then what are the next steps ? hehe

joker2209

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Lets not pass judgements on the FSW that early

IRCC is known to surprise everytime and I am sure the same is in the kitty again

I am at 493 snd waiting for FSW draw with my IELTS expiring in October 2021 first week

The only way out is to wait and be hopeful.!

Reactions: DXB@2021

Totodonna

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
I have a question !

Since there is no use in waiting for FSW draws , waiting months and years for an invitation and another couple of years for the COPR is pretty waste. By that time some folks would reach 32-35 years of age. so I am thinking of leaving my profile in the pool as it is and change the strategy by taking the studies route. And my question is, if some miracle happens and I get an ITA when I'm on student visa in Canada, is this situation possible ? if it is then what are the next steps ? hehe
Hey, yes you can totally apply. I got the ITA while I was under my study permit and I submitted all my documents, I didn't claim points for education in Canada so I didn't have to wait for my degree. After applying to PR I applied to my PGWP cause my visa was going to expire in November, so I was under implied status for 1 month and got the work permit in December. Now I am still waiting for PR, its been 7 months and counting.

Reactions: dankboi
Status
Not open for further replies.