Status
Not open for further replies.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
That bold part. Instead of "less qualified man" it is "less qualified woman" getting selected ahead of the man. It is definitely wrong to select candidates based on their gender, and although Canada has full autonomy to select whom to invite, discriminating between candidates is unlawful in their own rules. I am not a lawyer but I think it is something that can be challenged in court with high chance of winning it.
Important to note, and point out, that the budget simply sets out their intention to address the gender imbalance when it comes to immigration. Smart money says they will position it as targeting more women (perhaps gender specific draws at various points)

A lot of Canada's immigration plan and targets, center around reversing the ageing population - which means having more younger people in the workforce, but also more people having babies. Biology dictates that only a certain demographic can physically do that bit, so that balance is all the more important.

Until they actually announce something concrete concerning this, it is all just speculation at this point.

Uncle Yayo

Jun 16, 2020
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
26-11-2020
AOR Received.
15-10-2020
Med's Done....
08-09-2020
Passport Req..
28-1-2021
Important to note, and point out, that the budget simply sets out their intention to address the gender imbalance when it comes to immigration. Smart money says they will position it as targeting more women (perhaps gender specific draws at various points)

A lot of Canada's immigration plan and targets, center around reversing the ageing population - which means having more younger people in the workforce, but also more people having babies. Biology dictates that only a certain demographic can physically do that bit, so that balance is all the more important.

Until they actually announce something concrete concerning this, it is all just speculation at this point.
Agreed, this makes a lot of sense, especially if over the years they ve had more male immigrants than female.

Reactions: EscoBlades

Kirtikaty07

Feb 26, 2020
Hi Guys, I need help. If OINP is approved, they also provide us with Work visa Support letter which can be used to obtain work visa for canada. If we get the work visa, and quit our current job in India based on which we got the OINP in the first place and move to canada. will it be a problem in the PR process as they also verify the documents? Because the requirement is 1 year of full time work experience in last 5-10 years. I have 6 years of relevant experience. If someone has any idea please suggest

seadrag0n

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2018
Hi Guys, I need help. If OINP is approved, they also provide us with Work visa Support letter which can be used to obtain work visa for canada. If we get the work visa, and quit our current job in India based on which we got the OINP in the first place and move to canada. will it be a problem in the PR process as they also verify the documents? Because the requirement is 1 year of full time work experience in last 5-10 years. I have 6 years of relevant experience. If someone has any idea please suggest
Where did you learn nomination from OINP will lead to work permit? For outlanders who got nominated by OINP through Express Entry, you will not get work permit or supporting documents from OINP, you need to wait till you receive COPR and are allowed to land.

sixtyby3

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Greetings everyone! Hope you and families are safe. I have been following the conversation here for some time now and it has helped knowing we were not alone in this time of uncertainty. Need some frank advice.
My spouse and I qualify for FSW outland with a 470+ CRS score. We got into the pool in March. We lose points at the end of September on my spouse's birthday. We both got a CLB9 in IELTS. Increasing this to CLB10 would grant us 3 points. We both have more than 10 years of work experience in the technology industry.
Would love to know what we could do next to improve our chances of getting an ITA soon, besides unleashing our inner Francophones. Would anybody recommend a PNP? If yes, which one? We seem to fall outside the Ontario cut-offs for another couple of years at least.
Thanks.

Last edited:

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Greetings everyone! Hope you and families are safe. I have been following the conversation here for some time now and it has helped knowing we were not alone in this time of uncertainty. Need some frank advice.
My spouse and I qualify for FSW outland with a 470+ CRS score. We got into the pool in March. We lose points at the end of September on my spouse's birthday. We both got a CLB9 in IELTS. Increasing this to CLB10 would grant us 3 points. We both have more than 10 years of work experience in the technology industry.
Would love to know what we could do next to improve our chances of getting an ITA soon, besides unleashing our inner Francophones. Would anybody recommend a PNP? If yes, which one? We seem to fall outside the Ontario cut-offs for another couple of years at least.
Thanks.
OINP tech draws are happening. If you can manage ur CRS to be <=467, you will get can an invite.

Last edited:

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks.
if at all there are FSW draws, scores will stay 475+ for a while. I suggest you to maxout your scores and patiently wait.

Last edited:

ashu2111

Jul 15, 2020

I think what most people are fearing (including myself) is that EE will only take in applicants from certain occupations. This means that even if your score is above 500 after learning both English and French, you'd still not be selected.

Frisk

Feb 19, 2016
Toronto
I think what most people are fearing (including myself) is that EE will only take in applicants from certain occupations. This means that even if your score is above 500 after learning both English and French, you'd still not be selected.
Well, Canada is targeting French speakers. I think the problem is going to be for people who have bachelor's + Master's or a PhD in a NOC that's not considered in-demand and don't speak French. This could affect all EE streams, so even if a CEC applicant has been working in Canada for years if their field is not in demand, they might not get PR.

NavjotS123

Jul 6, 2019
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Well, Canada is targeting French speakers. I think the problem is going to be for people who have bachelor's + Master's or a PhD in a NOC that's not considered in-demand and don't speak French. This could affect all EE streams, so even if a CEC applicant has been working in Canada for years if their field is not in demand, they might not get PR.
if they become that much selective, i dont think they will be able to achieve their immigration targets.

Reactions: armitabbsn

Rish92

Jan 22, 2021
Mumbai
Category........
FSW
Canada is the only country currently accepting people with no ties purely based on a score. They’ll have little trouble attaining their targets with or without outlanders.
My personal view is to do whatever it takes to increase the score and chances - student visas, French, etc.
It’s going to get hell more competitive when/if the FSW-O is back.

Reactions: armitabbsn

guelphite

Jan 22, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
28-10-2020
Med's Request
03-12-2020
Med's Done....
07-01-2020

Right?
"More dudes!!!"
Said no one ever...

darshan1191

Star Member
Jun 11, 2020
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Primary Montreal - Secondary CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-01-2021
Med's Done....
05-02-2021
All sorts of weirds are happening. Nothing is making sense anymore.
Just my theory. At certain point (let’s say Jan 2021) when they started processing CEC at full capacity, they had a lot of applications in backlog. So instead assigning all their capacity to clear backlog, they might have split it - some staff to current applications (starting Jan 2021) to avoid adding them to existing backlog and rest of them to the backlog applications. Sometime down the line they will clear all files until Jan 2021 and that way they don’t need to worry about backlogs anymore.
If they are really doing this, they should make this public IMO. Anyway, it’s just my theory. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.