+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
I have a question. My score is 459 (FSW), and my IELTS expires on July 13. I am planning to take the test again in few weeks. I have 1 test certificate from January 2020, which is below CLB9. If I update my profile with the January 2020 certificate, and later with the new certificate with a higher score, will my profile be ok until the profile expiry date?

My profile expires on August 15.

Thanks.

Niara

Jun 7, 2020
Category........
FSW
Hello Guys, I just got my ICES result and my Masters (which was referred as a postgraduate diploma by WES) is now shown as one-year Master's. I have updated the same on my EE profile but I am still suspicious. Is one-years Masters still Masters and the 7 points I received are they valid.
From what I understand, you get the points for a Master's (no matter if one or two years) and long as your ECA report states it. So yes, I'd say these additional points are valid.

One question, when did you first send your credentials to ICES? How long did it take for them to complete the evaluation?

Reactions: tani90

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello,

Do you think the next CRS Score draw will go down by 3 or 4 point at least?
If the draw happens in another 2 weeks, then it might possibly go down by 2-3 points. If back to back draws happen then it will drop even more for sure.

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
I have a question. My score is 459 (FSW), and my IELTS expires on July 13. I am planning to take the test again in few weeks. I have 1 test certificate from January 2020, which is below CLB9. If I update my profile with the January 2020 certificate, and later with the new certificate with a higher score, will my profile be ok until the profile expiry date?

Thanks.
Yes it will be fine. You can very well do this.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hello Guys, I just got my ICES result and my Masters (which was referred as a postgraduate diploma by WES) is now shown as one-year Master's. I have updated the same on my EE profile but I am still suspicious. Is one-years Masters still Masters and the 7 points I received are they valid.
I also have anther concern regarding my Work Experience. I have changed various jobs in the past with some just for 2-3 months. I have mostly received all my reference letters (all previous employers, except for one). Additionally in 2018 I started working as a freelancer, this was the year when I hadn't thought about Canada. Since May 2018-presently I have gathered reference letters from two of my clients and the experience is now > 3 years. Is this fine. I also have my bank statement as a proof of income I have been receiving, plus PayPal invoice for a few clients. Will that be okay or not ? Also for my current employer I have already received my reference letter last month.

## Sorry for such a long question. Will really appreciate some clarity from you guys.
Q1. Is my update on EE profile correct ?
Q2. Word Experience : Full Time (2 months, 3 months (reference letter not received), 13 months, 6 months = 21 months). Freelancing (9 months + >12 months). = FINAL (> 42 months)

Thanks again for reading.
1) That's absolutely fine as long as you have a valid ECA to validate your claim.

2) No issues, those Work experiences for which you don't have any reference letters you may simply avoid mentioning about it for now and do mention it only after the ITA into the Personal History section. No documentation is required for it.

3) First of all, one must always try to obtain an updated RL from the current employer. However, if yours has been older than 3 months then I believe, it could be accepted during this pandemic. As almost all of the services have been extremely disrupted, so its a good excuse for using the same document at this moment.

Thanks.
Dear you can always update your IELTs scores. No issues.

Hello,

Do you think the next CRS Score draw will go down by 3 or 4 point at least?
I doubt it. Taking the huge accumulation of 460+ applications into consideration, the drop would not be more than 1-3 pts.

If another FSW draw is being held after 2 weeks then -
In the Worst case, it could be at 477 and
In the better scenario it would end up at 475-476.

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada

Thanks.
Yes, no issues. You can use your January report to keep your EE eligible and later on, you can update your new IELTS scores. It has no impact on your profile.

Reactions: Godisguru

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
I also have anther concern regarding my Work Experience. I have changed various jobs in the past with some just for 2-3 months. I have mostly received all my reference letters (all previous employers, except for one). Additionally in 2018 I started working as a freelancer, this was the year when I hadn't thought about Canada. Since May 2018-presently I have gathered reference letters from two of my clients and the experience is now > 3 years. Is this fine. I also have my bank statement as a proof of income I have been receiving, plus PayPal invoice for a few clients. Will that be okay or not ? Also for my current employer I have already received my reference letter last month.

## Sorry for such a long question. Will really appreciate some clarity from you guys.
Q1. Is my update on EE profile correct ?
Q2. Word Experience : Full Time (2 months, 3 months (reference letter not received), 13 months, 6 months = 21 months). Freelancing (9 months + >12 months). = FINAL (> 42 months)

Thanks again for reading.
1. Yes, that's Masters.
2. Good to go.

Reactions: tani90

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
1) That's absolutely fine as long as you have a valid ECA to validate your claim.

2) No issues, those Work experiences for which you don't have any reference letters you may simply avoid mentioning about it for now and do mention it only after the ITA into the Personal History section. No documentation is required for it.

3) First of all, one must always try to obtain an updated RL from the current employer. However, if yours has been older than 3 months then I believe, it could be accepted during this pandemic. As almost all of the services have been extremely disrupted, so its a good excuse for using the same document at this moment.

Dear you can always update your IELTs scores. No issues.

I doubt it. Taking the huge accumulation of 460+ applications into consideration, the drop would not be more than 1-3 pts.

If another FSW draw is being held after 2 weeks then -
In the Worst case, it could be at 477 and
In the better scenario it would end up at 475-476.
Well, I didn’t get u. As u say there is huge accumulation of applications at 460+, so, how could u predict the next cut off at 477????

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
From what I understand, you get the points for a Master's (no matter if one or two years) and long as your ECA report states it. So yes, I'd say these additional points are valid.

One question, when did you first send your credentials to ICES? How long did it take for them to complete the evaluation?
Thanks for the reply dear. I asked my University to send the transcripts via email (scanned copies) and it was updated in a weeks time by them. I started the process on February 6th (creation of profile and asking my university. to send the degree and transcripts) and I got an intimation from them on May 9th (stating that they have reviewed the certificates). But since they could not post it to my address in India they enquired if I have someone staying in Canada or US so that they could send the hard copy. I received the actual hard copy on the July 4th. So if this situation was not there I would have received the copy earlier. Also they do not updated the final equivalency (like WES) on the profile page.

Hope that answered your questions. SO roughly it took them approx. 3 months (which is far quicker than what WES took for my cases, plus giving me a downgraded result).

Last edited:

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Will anyone suggest going for a postgraduate diploma in Canada for January intake, on a student visa. I am currently stuck at 468. I created my profile in October 2019 and missed a very small window when the scores dropped to my level. Seeking current trends should I think of applying for a good course in Canada or should I wait for couple of more draws.
Also, does the EE profile expired after a year (so that will mean that for me it is fine only till October 2020, right)?

13nitinsharma

Champion Member
Apr 17, 2012
Canada
Will anyone suggest going for a postgraduate diploma in Canada for January intake, on a student visa. I am currently stuck at 468. I created my profile in October 2019 and missed a very small window when the scores dropped to my level. Seeking current trends should I think of applying for a good course in Canada or should I wait for couple of more draws.
Also, does the EE profile expired after a year (so that will mean that for me it is fine only till October 2020, right)?
I would suggest you to wait for sometime and you may get an ITA with this score. EE profile is valid for one year, so you can create a new one once it is expired.

Moving to Canada on student visa includes high cost. So, you should not take this route if your score is already good for getting an ITA