+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

chemistesa

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Yep, if we assume 500 people will enter the pool between last wednesday and this wednesday (considering a B2B) in the 470-600+ range, and around 1200 people will enter the same range between Next Wednesday and July 29th, than there's a real chance of around 1000-1500 people below 471 receiving ITAs on the last draw of July. That would be enough for, I believe, at least 468+ candidates.
But of course, it all depends on wether the influx of candidates continue to be below (or around) 1000 candidates/fortnightly, and IRCC continues to invite 3900 candidates in each round. If the influx starts to ramp up to January/February levels, then I really believe 475+ will be the new normal.
Once the IELTS India is resumed, the scores will go back to 475+

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Will anyone suggest going for a postgraduate diploma in Canada for January intake, on a student visa. I am currently stuck at 468. I created my profile in October 2019 and missed a very small window when the scores dropped to my level. Seeking current trends should I think of applying for a good course in Canada or should I wait for couple of more draws.
Also, does the EE profile expired after a year (so that will mean that for me it is fine only till October 2020, right)?
I don't think that its a wise option when you already are eligible for the PR! This route includes both, an exorbitant price and a prolonged wait to be a PR of Canada. I understand your situation and nodoubt, this thought has come out due to your desparation to move to Canada at any condition.

Have you checked for any PNP options (such as OINP, SINP, AINP etc.), specifically related to your field?

Also, Try to look for any possible way for the improvement in your CRS. Good luck!

Reactions: tani90

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
Great news Trump about to announce a merit based system for the US. This will ease up the pressure off the Express Entry system. What will Canada do to compete with the US for talent now?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Great news Trump about to announce a merit based system for the US. This will ease up the pressure off the Express Entry system. What will Canada do to compete with the US for talent now?
It's just a gimmick. He will be restricting skilled immigration even further under the guise of "merit based". Maybe if you earn over $250K, you'd qualify but not many people have that earning potential, especially recent grads

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Hi all,
Can we update ielts scores with online results or we have to wait till original TRF (hard copy)?

Trf number is available with online result....

Last edited:

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Hi all,
Can we update ielts scores with online results or we have to wait till original TRF (hard copy)?

Trf number available with online result....
You mean creating express entry profile? I did not know that the TRF number is available with the online result. I took my IELTS test in March and the online result did not contain this number.
The result slip was available on the same day as the online result anyway

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
You mean creating express entry profile? I did not know that the TRF number is available with the online result. I took my IELTS test in March and the online result did not contain this number.
The result slip was available on the same day as the online result anyway
Must be because its paper based. Comptr based results comes in 5 days and original TRF in 9 days. I was wondering we could create/update express entry profile with online results.

Which date is that asking? Exam date or TRF print date? If it is TRF date, can we give online results date and proceed with profile?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Must be because its paper based. Comptr based results comes in 5 days and original TRF in 9 days. I was wondering we could create/update express entry profile with online results.

Which date is that asking? Exam date or TRF print date? If it is TRF date, can we give online results date and proceed with profile?
If you are sure that you have the TFR number and date, you can proceed to create. The system does not ask you to upload anything at this point.

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
Ok, still, which date they need?
Actual Test date or date on the TRF hard copy?
Both dates: Your exam date and the result release date (TFR date).
Even after creating the profile, you can still update. But if the ITA comes in, there will be a bit of trouble.

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Both dates: Your exam date and the result release date (TFR date).
So, do you think i can put test date as it is and result date as the online result declared date?
Will it be ok? Or will it contradict as i believe they will print TRF on a later date and it will show a later date (only few days) ?

joconstantine

Mar 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
AOR Received.
01-08-2020
So, do you think i can put test date as it is and result date as the online result declared date?
Will it be ok? Or will it contradict as i believe they will print TRF on a later date and it will show a later date (only few days) ?
Disclaimer: I took computer delivered test.
The actual result date was actually the same date as the online result date.

When will you collect/receive the TRF form? Did you rush to complete the express entry profile because you think there is another draw this week?
If you want to be safe, just wait until the TRF form comes out. I believe you will get it before the next draw anyway.

Reactions: AverageIndianGuy

AverageIndianGuy

Star Member
Apr 10, 2020
Disclaimer: I took computer delivered test.
The actual result date was actually the same date as the online result date.

When will you collect/receive the TRF form? Did you rush to complete the express entry profile because you think there is another draw this week?
If you want to be safe, just wait until the TRF form comes out. I believe you will get it before the next draw anyway.
Wer is this from?
Wen my frnd wrote comptr delivered test on 31st Jan and got online results on Feb 6 and TRF on 9th Feb. He was ok as he was not rushing for any draws. I believe same 3 days gap might be there in my case as well and thats right when a next draw will happen...
What to do?