+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

aipg

Star Member
Jun 16, 2020
I never thought I would see a day when CRS in the 460s would be considered to be low scores. When things get back in full swing anything below 500 is going to be considered low.

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
One of them here in this blog was stating that ECA staff could rejoin only by September end . How valid is this info ? If the answer is yes, then the number of candidates replenishing the pool will be at a snail s pace until November ..

Am I right?please correct me if I’m wrong ..
Correct. WES has a small team in their office receiving the physical transcripts and placing them in the reception. If you have sent yours by June 1st, it will be uploaded in the system by July22.
If you have sent by July 1st, you gotta wait till August to see it getting uploaded in the system
More than, forget sending transcripts to WES or CES. Most Indian Universities are not sending transcripts to ECA bodies.
There are also other factors such as re-verification, additional documents and other that could further slow down the process
Anyone above 465 now will have enormous opportunities till October.
So guys be very very very very cautious submitting docs (upon getting ITA). Losing this chance would be suicidal later

Reactions: PG12

Igethope

Sep 17, 2019
Correct. WES has a small team in their office receiving the physical transcripts and placing them in the reception. If you have sent yours by June 1st, it will be uploaded in the system by July22.
If you have sent by July 1st, you gotta wait till August to see it getting uploaded in the system
More than, forget sending transcripts to WES or CES. Most Indian Universities are not sending transcripts to ECA bodies.
There are also other factors such as re-verification, additional documents and other that could further slow down the process
So guys be very very very very cautious submitting docs (upon getting ITA). Losing this chance would be suicidal later
Let’s just hope they maintain General draw. IRCC shouldn’t come with FSW , PNP, CEC draw. Am hopeful 465 will get lucky, things will even become easier with back to back draw.

Reactions: Sunilneha

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hey, I have a question. My husband is the primary applicant and I am starting to gather all the documents for post ITA process. My question is, what is the process for me as a spouse in terms of Showing Work related Documents? Do I have to collect all the references for 5 years? I was working in a company which had different business units in it and I jumped through different business units within1-2 years, how do I show that? (Keeping in mind one of those companies had shut down two years back :| )

Sunilneha

Star Member
Dec 13, 2019
Let’s just hope they maintain General draw. IRCC shouldn’t come with FSW , PNP, CEC draw. Am hopeful 465 will get lucky, things will even become easier with back to back draw.
But we are not sure about B2b draw. Either you have any evidence or strong logic for the same???

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hey, I have a question. My husband is the primary applicant and I am starting to gather all the documents for post ITA process. My question is, what is the process for me as a spouse in terms of Showing Work related Documents? Do I have to collect all the references for 5 years? I was working in a company which had different business units in it and I jumped through different business units within1-2 years, how do I show that? (Keeping in mind one of those companies had shut down two years back :| )
Hey dear,

Let me tell you that the Secondary applicant's work experience can be avoided if its outside Canada. You won't get any additional points for it, unless its a Canadian one. I believe, your is non-canadian one too. So, simply instead of mentioning it into the Work history, you should mention it directly into the Personal history (being provided that "Personal History" section only populates after the ITA). This section is self-explanatory which means no documentation is required for the additional details/fields into it.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Hi,

Did I submit the EE profile too early? I have my FT job since 7/7/2019 but I submitted my express entry on 6/7/2020 and got the ITA yesterday. My question is whether IRCC considers my 1 year experience on the day I submit my EE profile or the day I got my ITA

Thanks
You shouldn't be worried about the EE creation date. Express Entry system by default considers one's 11+ months' of full-time work experience as the complete 1 year. Its because the system follows a format of MM/YY not DD/MM/YY.

However, if someone has got the ITA even before the completion of his/her 1 year experience, then he is supposed to wait and submit the documents only when his/her one year of full-time work experience gets completed! Otherwise, the application become vulnerable and prone to refusal. But, you're fine as you have already completed your one year just 1 day before the ITA. So, no issues will be there.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Guys, can someone help me regarding employer’s letter? I got one in September 2019 from my manager which shows my work experience of over 8 years in the company and in the same NOC. So theoretically it should be enough for the application.

Is there any reason I should get an updated one if I get an ITA in early August? I’d rather not ask this person for another letter if this one would suffice.
The Employment Reference Letter(s) for the previous organization(s) are forever valid. However, for the current organisation it shouldn't be older than 3 months.

Besides, Employment Reference Letter can be obtained in 3 ways:

1) Employer/HR manager
(on Company Letterhead)

2) Manager/Supervisor
(on company letterhead, only if they do have access to it)

3) Colleague/Manager/Supervisor
(declared on the plane paper and get it duly signed & attested by the notary public and the declarer!)

Hi guys! So I received the invitation to apply on this draw I. E 9th July.

I have now completed my forms / application details after choosing 'continue to application' tab. However there is no submit button only a 'continue' button which takes me to the next stage of Checklist.

The problem is that I can't figure out if this means whether I have accepted the invitation before the deadline of 10th July or not.

REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS.
There isn't any "Accept" button for the ITA. Continuing the PR application itself means you're accepting the invitation. Once you're done filling the required information and the documents respectively, you will be able to see the submit and payment button.

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
The Employment Reference Letter(s) for the previous organization(s) are forever valid. However, for the current organisation it shouldn't be older than 3 months.

Besides, Employment Reference Letter can be obtained in 3 ways:

1) Employer/HR manager
(on Company Letterhead)

2) Manager/Supervisor
(on company letterhead, only if they do have access to it)

3) Colleague/Manager/Supervisor
(declared on the plane paper and get it duly signed & attested by the notary public and the declarer!)
Thanks for the reply! Is this 3-month timeline an official requirement mentioned in the rules though? I couldn’t find any official directive on the IRCC website. Or is it what we know from previous experience of candidates?

Logically I’m wondering the need of getting an updated one, because my existing letter shows many years more than the 3 years’ requirement of work experience in the correct NOC. However if you are aware of cases being rejected due to issues like these, I’ll get an updated one.

NikSharma01

Champion Member
Jan 3, 2019
Thanks for the reply! Is this 3-month timeline an official requirement mentioned in the rules though? I couldn’t find any official directive on the IRCC website. Or is it what we know from previous experience of candidates?

Logically I’m wondering the need of getting an updated one, because my existing letter shows many years more than the 3 years’ requirement of work experience in the correct NOC. However if you are aware of cases being rejected due to issues like these, I’ll get an updated one.
From the experience itself. You can't use the previous one because it was issued back in 2019 so its already an out-dated document. If you submit it, it may rise concerns and doubts into the Case Processing Officer's mind. Thus, he/she may hold your application for further scrutiny.
Well, It doesn't make any sense to show such out-dated documents for the current jobs when you're already currently working in the same organzation. As the circumstances can be changed at anytime. That's why an updated one is required in term to show that you're still a part of that firm!

Reactions: tani90 and ns317

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
From the experience itself. You can't use the previous one because it was issued back in 2019 so its already an out-dated document. If you submit it, it may rise concerns and doubts into the Case Processing Officer's mind. Thus, he/she may hold your application for further scrutiny.
Well, It doesn't make any sense to show such out-dated documents for the current jobs when you're already currently working in the same organzation. As the circumstances can be changed at anytime. That's why an updated one is required in term to show that you're still a part of that firm!
Hm okay. Thanks for the feedback man. I’ll mull on this further.

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
Hello Guys, I just got my ICES result and my Masters (which was referred as a postgraduate diploma by WES) is now shown as one-year Master's. I have updated the same on my EE profile but I am still suspicious. Is one-years Masters still Masters and the 7 points I received are they valid.
I also have anther concern regarding my Work Experience. I have changed various jobs in the past with some just for 2-3 months. I have mostly received all my reference letters (all previous employers, except for one). Additionally in 2018 I started working as a freelancer, this was the year when I hadn't thought about Canada. Since May 2018-presently I have gathered reference letters from two of my clients and the experience is now > 3 years. Is this fine. I also have my bank statement as a proof of income I have been receiving, plus PayPal invoice for a few clients. Will that be okay or not ? Also for my current employer I have already received my reference letter last month.

## Sorry for such a long question. Will really appreciate some clarity from you guys.
Q1. Is my update on EE profile correct ?
Q2. Word Experience : Full Time (2 months, 3 months (reference letter not received), 13 months, 6 months = 21 months). Freelancing (9 months + >12 months). = FINAL (> 42 months)

Thanks again for reading.

tani90

Jan 8, 2020
If the same is some 4 months old, should one ask for a revised one. My score is 468 (no hope left), and got my present employers reference letter (stating that I am still working, plus income showing from April 2019-March 2020) on 6th June. I don't expect anything but should I get an updated version if I receive my ITA or not ? Please reply, thanks !

Floof

Star Member
Jul 11, 2020
Hey dear,

Let me tell you that the Secondary applicant's work experience can be avoided if its outside Canada. You won't get any additional points for it, unless its a Canadian one. I believe, your is non-canadian one too. So, simply instead of mentioning it into the Work history, you should mention it directly into the Personal history (being provided that "Personal History" section only populates after the ITA). This section is self-explanatory which means no documentation is required for the additional details/fields into it.
Thanks for the help, really appreciate! :)

Reactions: tani90