+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Keeping in mind various reasons for the limited new applications in pool, even if the score comes down by 4-5 points in each of the next 2-3 draws. it looks like it will be in its 460's for some reasonable time till the new applicants who can score in 470's plus barge in with full force.

hereandthere

Jul 10, 2020
Keeping in mind various reasons for the limited new applications in pool, even if the score comes down by 4-5 points in each of the next 2-3 draws. it looks like it will be in its 460's for some reasonable time till the new applicants who can score in 470's plus barge in with full force.
I see. Why wouldn't those new applicants barge in right now, though?

hereandthere

Jul 10, 2020
My student work permit was still valid
Should I send them a letter of explanation
Does your study permit allow you to work? Study permits only allow on-campus part-time work (you need to be a student while working). If you worked full-time off-campus, then you need a work permit, not a study permit.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
My student work permit was still valid
Should I send them a letter of explanation
Your case is complicated. Trying to get advice from forum members is not going to do you any good. You will thank yourself later for consulting with an immigration lawyer. If you get lucky, you will be fine. If not, you are potentially looking at a removal order and a ban from Canada.

Do yourself a favour and talk to a reputable immigration lawyer as soon as possible.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Your case is complicated. Trying to get advice from forum members is not going to do you any good. You will thank yourself later for consulting with an immigration lawyer. If you get lucky, you will be fine. If not, you are potentially looking at a removal order and a ban from Canada.

Do yourself a favour and talk to a reputable immigration lawyer as soon as possible.
I recommend this as well.

InternationalMallu

Nov 15, 2017
Hmmmmmmm after struggling very hard to get ITA under CEC. My
I just did. The lawyer said working 3weeks after graduation before applying for pgwp he doesn't see it as a big deal. But I'm still worried
Just trust the lawyer and believe in the process. I wish you all the best. Good luck!

Also, don’t stress it you have got this far!

georgeb88

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
May2021
AOR Received.
14-06-2021
I bet you that by August, the cut-off would have dropped to 465. Not everyone can get into the pool as it was before. IELTS is not back in full swing. Many are stranded, cannot write CD IELTS, cannot travel to IELTS location as it was before, not everyone writing the general module and not everyone will be blessed with 8777.
2,5K per15 days is close to the pre-covid timeframe
Unless Indian universities send electronic transcripts, dudes cannot have their transcripts sent for easy processing. WES and CES will accept only if Universities send them the transcripts. I'm from Chennai and I have friends in TamilNadu, Karnataka, Andhra, and Maharastra. Many went to the universities of respective states and none of them were able to send their transcripts to ECA bodies. Although transcripts requests are accepted (minimum it takes around 30 days to get the transcript alone) and after that, it just remains in the university dispatch section waiting for Speed Post to resume In-university services. Honestly, universities have even more work to do than sending transcripts to ECA bodies.
Some physical transcripts that have reached WES or CES' office are being kept in the reception and will be worked on only when staff come to office (September end).
Plus, down south, IELTS CD tests are available in Bangalore and Hyd. Now Karnataka has gone into full lockdown. Not many are willing to write CD IELTS. Most states are into lockdown in India.
Situation in US is damn terrible
So once again, cut-off will drop to a good extent. That's my bet
2.5k candidates joining is a way too high estimation mate.
Well I really hope you are right buddy. But, as i just replied to one of your posts in the FSW thread, there are other factors also in consideration along with the influx of ppl..
But i hope all of it works togather for the score to drop.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Yes, I received it on the 27th of June. I am still waiting for my meds to pass. It's taking close to 2 months for it to happen nowadays. What about you?
Yes that's right.It took 2 months for me to get BIL and MEDICALS result. I got my BIL and medicals pass on 9th June. But I have to give biometrics yet. Probably they are checking my Eligibility by now. Do u think I should call cic agent to know my progress?

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Yes that's right.It took 2 months for me to get BIL and MEDICALS result. I got my BIL and medicals pass on 9th June. But I have to give biometrics yet. Probably they are checking my Eligibility by now. Do u think I should call cic agent to know my progress?
I think you should raise a web form asking them about your Eligibility, Criminality, and Security. I am not sure whether they are putting the applications on the hold after criminality because biometrics are required for the security check. I heard that the review of eligibility happens right after criminality and before security. If that's the case, your eligibility might be on hold due to the pending biometrics request. Calling them will get you an instant answer but expect long wait times. They are good at getting back to web forms within 2-3 business days. Could you please keep us posted here? I am genuinely curious to see what they are doing with our applications after passing meds.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I think you should raise a web form asking them about your Eligibility, Criminality, and Security. I am not sure whether they are putting the applications on the hold after criminality because biometrics are required for the security check. I heard that the review of eligibility happens right after criminality and before security. If that's the case, your eligibility might be on hold due to the pending biometrics request. Calling them will get you an instant answer but expect long wait times. They are good at getting back to web forms within 2-3 business days. Could you please keep us posted here? I am genuinely curious to see what they are doing with our applications after passing meds.
Alright am gonna raise the webform. I've been keeping track on people who got AOR in March and some cec candidates said that their Eligibility has been passed without giving biometrics. So I guess they are processing Eligibility before criminality check to avoid backlog.

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Can somebody tell, how many chances are there for B2b draw?
No one here knows the chances for back to back draws but I feel cut off will drop to 460s if regular draws happen biweekly without too many IELTS centers opening up and ircc sticking to fsw draws from now. I mean it all depends on influx of candidates tbh

Praveen32

Jun 23, 2020
Why not? There is every chance provided IRCC conducts back to back draws and almost no influx of Candidates to the pool as it is now
There is no way one can now get IELTS and ECA done too soon as it was during the pre-covid era.
If IRCC keep conducting draws with 3.9k invites, there is a greater scope for it to drop upto even 450. By October when everything is relaxed, be ready to witness 470 forever.
As long as everything is done and settled with a cut-off score of above 465, you are safe
Bear in mind that there is very very little chance that the influx of candidates with a higher score entering the profile.
I have made an in-depth analysis and telling this.
Anyway, we need to wait and watch the next draw. That will provide answers to many questions
Fingers crossed. Do not listen to dudes such as @aipg.
Wait for another 12 days and watch the cut-off
One of them here in this blog was stating that ECA staff could rejoin only by September end . How valid is this info ? If the answer is yes, then the number of candidates replenishing the pool will be at a snail s pace until November ..

Am I right?please correct me if I’m wrong ..