+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ray of Hope - 155th Draw

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Just out of curiosity, Do we stand a chance at getting an invite at 466?
Why not? There is every chance provided IRCC conducts back to back draws and almost no influx of Candidates to the pool as it is now
There is no way one can now get IELTS and ECA done too soon as it was during the pre-covid era.
If IRCC keep conducting draws with 3.9k invites, there is a greater scope for it to drop upto even 450. By October when everything is relaxed, be ready to witness 470 forever.
As long as everything is done and settled with a cut-off score of above 465, you are safe
Bear in mind that there is very very little chance that the influx of candidates with a higher score entering the profile.
I have made an in-depth analysis and telling this.
Anyway, we need to wait and watch the next draw. That will provide answers to many questions
Fingers crossed. Do not listen to dudes such as @aipg.
Wait for another 12 days and watch the cut-off

ntachi

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
The date you created your profile is only relevant when there is a tie-breaker and it also determines when your profile expires. Other than that, they are not used for assessing your eligibility. You just have to support your qualifications at the time of ITA and e-APR.
Hi, so I think this has created a lot of confusion for many people over the years as I've noticed. As I will be in a similar position soon, I did some research and I found this official reply from IRCC on the matter. As they say, you can accept the ITA but you should only submit your documents after completing the 1 year of Full time work with a LOE. I hope this helps.

Reply from IRCC:

Original thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-ita.690297/

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Glad to know you are from Chennai. I am from Chennai too. I heard it's pretty bad there. As for the cut-off, it's impossible for us to know until they do the next draw. If there is no influx of high scoring candidates, the cut-off could drop significantly in a few draws. If not, I am afraid it will be back to pre-covid levels.
Yeah man. I read all your posts. You have proper logic and you seem to be prepared for the worst although you too have did your best and so am I.
Yes, I'm from Chennai (Adyar).
I keep saying that the cut-off will come down is with proper analysis.
I have friends throughout India and US
Some of them that are wishing to migrate are having a very very hard time to get this IELTS/ECA duo.
In US, you cannot even move an inch. Here in India, down south, except Hyd, IELTS not happening anywhere. That too in Hyd, they have to all
ow only 50 candidates in a week. Exceeding that will result in temp shut down of their services.
Mumbai and Pune (home to a large number of IELTS test takers) is under lockdown. I mean the whole of Maharastra is under an intense lockdown.
IDP was running CD IELTS in Delhi but now when some of my friends booked slots, it is getting postponed to another date. In Kolkatta, there's lockdown for another 15 days.
So logically, India (which houses a large number of potential candidates) is in a standstill and will resume fill only if a potential vaccine is found.
It is terrible in the US. No IELTS at all there. When there are very very few candidates may get into the pool, there is every possible opportunity to see cut-off coming down
Getting ECA done these days is another mountain climbing task. I have seen it and heard it from my many people that Universities (except University of Mumbai) are running with very less capacity and it takes up to 40 days just to get transcript alone. Even after getting transcripts, the university is not posting it via their local post office (University post office is non-functional throughout India mostly).
Transcripts that reached WES' and CES' office are being worked up on only now.
Unless staff (WES, CES) go to universities, the ECA reports on average will take more than 5 months.
This is what I have observed and I can very strongly bet that by September, the cut-off would be between 455 to 465.

Reactions: QuinAby

ns317

Aug 29, 2019
Guys, can someone help me regarding employer’s letter? I got one in September 2019 from my manager which shows my work experience of over 8 years in the company and in the same NOC. So theoretically it should be enough for the application.

Is there any reason I should get an updated one if I get an ITA in early August? I’d rather not ask this person for another letter if this one would suffice.

Usama1970

Jul 9, 2020
Hi guys! So I received the invitation to apply on this draw I. E 9th July.

I have now completed my forms / application details after choosing 'continue to application' tab. However there is no submit button only a 'continue' button which takes me to the next stage of Checklist.

The problem is that I can't figure out if this means whether I have accepted the invitation before the deadline of 10th July or not.

REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Yeah man. I read all your posts. You have proper logic and you seem to be prepared for the worst although you too have did your best and so am I.
Yes, I'm from Chennai (Adyar).
I keep saying that the cut-off will come down is with proper analysis.
I have friends throughout India and US
Some of them that are wishing to migrate are having a very very hard time to get this IELTS/ECA duo.
In US, you cannot even move an inch. Here in India, down south, except Hyd, IELTS not happening anywhere. That too in Hyd, they have to all
ow only 50 candidates in a week. Exceeding that will result in temp shut down of their services.
Mumbai and Pune (home to a large number of IELTS test takers) is under lockdown. I mean the whole of Maharastra is under an intense lockdown.
IDP was running CD IELTS in Delhi but now when some of my friends booked slots, it is getting postponed to another date. In Kolkatta, there's lockdown for another 15 days.
So logically, India (which houses a large number of potential candidates) is in a standstill and will resume fill only if a potential vaccine is found.
It is terrible in the US. No IELTS at all there. When there are very very few candidates may get into the pool, there is every possible opportunity to see cut-off coming down
Getting ECA done these days is another mountain climbing task. I have seen it and heard it from my many people that Universities (except University of Mumbai) are running with very less capacity and it takes up to 40 days just to get transcript alone. Even after getting transcripts, the university is not posting it via their local post office (University post office is non-functional throughout India mostly).
Transcripts that reached WES' and CES' office are being worked up on only now.
Unless staff (WES, CES) go to universities, the ECA reports on average will take more than 5 months.
This is what I have observed and I can very strongly bet that by September, the cut-off would be between 455 to 465.
I do not necessarily disagree with you. As I said, it depends on the influx of high scoring candidates. If we don't see a huge influx of these candidates in the next few weeks and FSW draws continue with a pool size of 3900, the cut-off can drop to 460s.

I know you are doing your best, but the numbers that IRCC releases after every draw set the tone for the succeeding draws. I have nothing against the candidates with CRS scores in the 460s and if they too benefit from this COVID situation like CECs, I am all for it.

I would wait until the next draw to really make a good guess of how things are going to be until everything goes back to normal. I used to live in Mylapore BTW :)

Reactions: Sharanm7

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Nice to see an FSW draw. Judging by the comments in here, I believe I got lucky with my evaluation and Ielts. My university in the US sent my transcript electronically and WES finished evaluating it in 2 days and I have an Ielts booked for July 25th. The max score I can get is 470, so I'll be hoping to see the CRS score drop.

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020
Hi, so I think this has created a lot of confusion for many people over the years as I've noticed. As I will be in a similar position soon, I did some research and I found this official reply from IRCC on the matter. As they say, you can accept the ITA but you should only submit your documents after completing the 1 year of Full time work with a LOE. I hope this helps.

Reply from IRCC:

Original thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/cec-ita.690297/
I would not go with the response from IRCC's twitter handle. They are notorious for poor advice.

Based on my consultation with an immigration lawyer, I can safely say that it's at the discretion of the officer reviewing your application when you do not meet the MEC at the time of ITA.

This means the officer can still refuse your application for this reason. However, if you meet MEC both at the time of ITA and e-APR, the officer can not refuse your application unless you have made a grave mistake on your application like not getting the employment reference letter in the right format or a blatant misrepresentation.

It's highly advisable to decline your ITA and get another one if your score is high enough. If you are like the CEC candidates who got an ITA with 430 odd score, I would do everything within my power to write a nice letter of explanation to convince the officer to consider your application. Either way, it's really your call.

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
Hi guys! So I received the invitation to apply on this draw I. E 9th July.

I have now completed my forms / application details after choosing 'continue to application' tab. However there is no submit button only a 'continue' button which takes me to the next stage of Checklist.

The problem is that I can't figure out if this means whether I have accepted the invitation before the deadline of 10th July or not.

REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS.
Hi, do we have to accept the invitation before 10th July? I got my ita too. But didn't accept yet. Thought I'd prepare a checklist and then accept. I believe we have 60 days to accept the invitation?

Jatt2canada

Star Member
Feb 24, 2020
Mumbai, India
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
25-03-2020
Hi, do we have to accept the invitation before 10th July? I got my ita too. But didn't accept yet. Thought I'd prepare a checklist and then accept. I believe we have 60 days to accept the invitation?
I believe you referring to this paragraph in your ITA...

Your invitation is valid for 90 days from the date of this message.
You now have two options:
1) Decline this invitation; or
2) Apply online for permanent residence.
You must submit a complete application before 10/07/2020 12:00AM UTC time if you want to apply
for permanent residence. You will not be able to submit an application based on this invitation to apply for
permanent residence after the date and time listed above. We cannot give extensions.

PLEASE NOTE : DATE IS IN MM/DD/YYYY format. so you have time till October-07-2020, 90 days time for you.

Reactions: Tanglechuu

Anigow1234

May 28, 2020
Hi
I believe you referring to this paragraph in your ITA...

Your invitation is valid for 90 days from the date of this message.
You now have two options:
1) Decline this invitation; or
2) Apply online for permanent residence.
You must submit a complete application before 10/07/2020 12:00AM UTC time if you want to apply
for permanent residence. You will not be able to submit an application based on this invitation to apply for
permanent residence after the date and time listed above. We cannot give extensions.

PLEASE NOTE : DATE IS IN MM/DD/YYYY format. so you have time till October-07-2020, 90 days time for you.
Hi yes, thank you so much :)
I got a mini shock when someone above said what if I don't submit by 10 July
Thanks a lot for clarifying. So I can accept the invitation in 2-3 days also, write?

akmh1b

Mar 6, 2018
It is the 22nd draw of 2020 and brings the total number of ITAs issued this year to 53,800, a new record for this date. The official target for the year is 91,800. (Lower end 88500) which means if the minister is serious as he claims to meet this years targets they will need continue with FSW draws

Wrath

Nov 3, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Glad to know you are from Chennai. I am from Chennai too. I heard it's pretty bad there. As for the cut-off, it's impossible for us to know until they do the next draw. If there is no influx of high scoring candidates, the cut-off could drop significantly in a few draws. If not, I am afraid it will be back to pre-covid levels.
Hello my Chennai friends..I did my graduation in Chennai too. Now in Ontario.

juan9999

Jul 9, 2020
Results: Rounds of invitations

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #155 – July 8, 2020

No program specified

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

Number of invitations issued: 3,900Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,900th or above

Date and time of round: July 8, 2020 at 13:08:41 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 478

Tie-breaking rule:
February 11, 2020 at 03:17:13 UTC
  • If more than one candidate has the lowest score, the cut-off is based on the date and time they submitted their Express Entry profiles.
Finally, after a long break FSW draw has been conducted. Congrats to all of the ITA receivers. Others keep yourself motivated. :)
What is your forecast for the following rounds of invitations?