+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Questions regarding visitory visa from Islamabad for sponsored spouse

Optimistic2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
yasirsaeed1 said:
Congratulations Optimistic2. Lucky u it took you only 40 days.. it took us 130 days :d (however we got a TRP, which is eligible for health insurance).
Hey bro

has your wife arrived already. could you pls share what questions were asked at the airport. Much appreciated.

Thanks!

yasirsaeed1

Aug 8, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-Jul-2012
AOR Received.
24-Aug-2012 from Missisauga
File Transfer...
4-Sep-2012
Med's Done....
19-Jun-2012
Optimistic2 said:
Hey bro

has your wife arrived already. could you pls share what questions were asked at the airport. Much appreciated.

Thanks!
Optimistic, the TRP wasn't for my wife. it was for my newborn son. They didn't ask us any questions at airport, just stamped on passport and gave him permission to stay in Canada for 1 year and with option of extending it if the sponsorship application delays.

Optimistic2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
yasirsaeed1 said:
Optimistic, the TRP wasn't for my wife. it was for my newborn son. They didn't ask us any questions at airport, just stamped on passport and gave him permission to stay in Canada for 1 year and with option of extending it if the sponsorship application delays.
Oh Okay Thanks !

Optimistic2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
irsum said:
Does any one here has any information on how to apply for extension of Visitor Visa ? My wife's sponsorship application is in Islamabad and she is here with me in Canada. In few months her duration of stay will expire and I am planning to apply for extension. Please let me know if you have any knowledge about it.
Thanks and best wishes to all
Hey Irsum

Bro could you please give me some idea what questions are normally asked at the airport. did you take any visitor insurrance for your wife?

thanks!

w8ing

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2012
File Transfer...
Londan .. Feb 2014
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
hope soon
Optimistic2 said:
Hey bro

Thanks!
can you please tell me what was the actual procedure to apply for visiting visa? was there any forms to fill? where your wife submited all those documents? i dont knw anything n no one to help

beeba-bacha

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Those who applied for TRV in july, august, september, october 2012 and still waiting for visa , have u ppl got any feedback from CHC ISB?
i would request those ppl, pls share if u have any update on ur application....

Optimistic2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
beeba-bacha said:
Those who applied for TRV in july, august, september, october 2012 and still waiting for visa , have u ppl got any feedback from CHC ISB?
I applied for my wife TRV on September 15. got the passport back with visa stamped on October 25.

Optimistic2

Star Member
Jun 13, 2012
w8ing said:
can you please tell me what was the actual procedure to apply for visiting visa? was there any forms to fill? where your wife submited all those documents? i dont knw anything n no one to help

Please go to this link and download the required forms.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/forms_temporary_resident_temporaire_formulaires.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Once all the forms are filled up. take these forms with you to any Standard Chartered Bank branch in Pakistan and submit the fees. For single entry it was 75$ and for multiple entry its 150$. you have to submit in Rupees. check this out
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d

You will recieve a green(or yellow dont remember exactly) reciept from the bank which you will put in the package to sent. once all the documents are ready, send them to the following address through TCS or Gerry's. make sure you include the passport in the package.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Sector G-5, Diplomatic Enclave
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad, Pakistan

here is the link where you can find all information step by step.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/visit-visite.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Thanks!

w8ing

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2012
File Transfer...
Londan .. Feb 2014
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
hope soon
Optimistic2 said:
Please go to this link and download the required forms.
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/forms_temporary_resident_temporaire_formulaires.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Once all the forms are filled up. take these forms with you to any Standard Chartered Bank branch in Pakistan and submit the fees. For single entry it was 75$ and for multiple entry its 150$. you have to submit in Rupees. check this out
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/fees-frais.aspx?view=d

You will recieve a green(or yellow dont remember exactly) reciept from the bank which you will put in the package to sent. once all the documents are ready, send them to the following address through TCS or Gerry's. make sure you include the passport in the package.

High Commission of Canada
Immigration Section
Sector G-5, Diplomatic Enclave
P.O. Box 1042
Islamabad, Pakistan

here is the link where you can find all information step by step.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/pakistan/visas/visit-visite.aspx?lang=eng&view=d

Thanks!
bunch of thanxxx

sha123456

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
unknown
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
applied in the last week of August, got visa in last week of September .

beeba-bacha said:

beeba-bacha

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@ Optimistic & shah123456....u both are so lucky....and thanks a lot for ur reply......
in my case - we applied in july-2012, 4 months have been completed and still have not received any update from the embassy.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
My wife is here with me in Canada on visitor visa. About 7 weeks ago I sent application for extension of visitor visa. No response yet. What shall I do?

w8ing

Sep 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Isl
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2012
AOR Received.
28-10-2012
File Transfer...
Londan .. Feb 2014
Med's Request
26-08-2014
Med's Done....
15-09-2014
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
hope soon
Optimistic2 said:
Hey bro

Thanks!
did u mentioned that you have already applied for Permenent residence visa of your wife while applyong for TRV???

beeba-bacha

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont understand ,what kind of working "CHC-Islamabad,Pakistan" people are doing on a TRV applied in July,2012.4 months are the enormous time to check or judge or to examine a single document.

sha123456

Star Member
Jan 13, 2012
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
unknown
App. Filed.......
01-05-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
An indian friend of mine told me that when he appplied for extension of his parents' single entry visa he didnt get a reply until 8-9 weeks after application. Quoting him "if you dont get a reply that means that you have got an extension otherwise you get an instant response of refusal" - Another guy in my office second him on that.

irsum said:
My wife is here with me in Canada on visitor visa. About 7 weeks ago I sent application for extension of visitor visa. No response yet. What shall I do?