Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
Greetings to everyone here. I have sponsored my wife and my file is in Islamabad since June of this year. With the amount of time it is expected to take, we are planning for my wife to apply for visitor visa (also called temporary resident visa). In the process of completing forms and other paper work I have few questions.

First, do I require a lawyer to prepare invitation letter?

Then with reference to filling the forms:
Single entry or multiple? Does one choice preferable then other in terms of chances of getting the visa.
Length of stay ? we would prefer at least six months. Does it make any easier or harder to ask for longer period?
In terms of available funds what amount is appropriate?
My wife is a doctor and has good salary, held stable jobs, working in same hospital for 5 years. But she does not own property. Would we have to show some proofs of the funds?

Please anyone who has some experience with visitor visa help me with these questions, I will be grateful

mkhan63

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
hello
you have a pretty similiar case as mine. by the grace of God we were able to get the TRV.
My wife is also a doctor and worked for couple of years. She had a salary account in pakistan in which she used to deposit her salary (the statement for this account is very important with your application which shows that your wife is working)

you should get these documents with the application forms and inshallah you will get the six month visa.

Apply single entry (process is faster and there is good chance to convince the visa officer that you have a good job and you are going to visit your husband and return)
-get the bank statement for the past 6 months
-write invitation letter (you dont need the lawyer to waste your money)
-if you work in canada (get a letter a from your emplyer stating your salry and the duration you are emplyed with this employer)
- get the past two years of your tax assesment in canada (you should write the additional letter to embassy that you will be responsible for all the expenses and show them that you are financially stable in canada)
these documents will help alot.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
mkhan63 said:
hello
you have a pretty similiar case as mine. by the grace of God we were able to get the TRV.
My wife is also a doctor and worked for couple of years. She had a salary account in pakistan in which she used to deposit her salary (the statement for this account is very important with your application which shows that your wife is working)

you should get these documents with the application forms and inshallah you will get the six month visa.

Apply single entry (process is faster and there is good chance to convince the visa officer that you have a good job and you are going to visit your husband and return)
-get the bank statement for the past 6 months
-write invitation letter (you dont need the lawyer to waste your money)
-if you work in canada (get a letter a from your emplyer stating your salry and the duration you are emplyed with this employer)
- get the past two years of your tax assesment in canada (you should write the additional letter to embassy that you will be responsible for all the expenses and show them that you are financially stable in canada)
these documents will help alot.
Thank you very much mkhan63 for your encouraging and informative response. Congratulation on your wife’s TRV and I wish you continued success.
Yes I do have a good professional job ever since I came to Canada and I will attach related documents from my company as well as tax returns.
Unlike the practice in Canada, in Pakistan, my wife does not get monthly bank statements. So I guess, she will have to make special request. Not sure if they will give her statements for the past six months.
What about the question of available funds? What amount shall we indicate in the visa form?
Thanks again and all the best

mkhan63

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Thanks..

Inshallah your wife will get the TRV very soon.
I understand that there is no pay stubs in pakistan but she can get a letter from her workplace that she has been working with them for that long..
Plus she can get her leave approved (that shows that she will come back to join her job) [shows good ties to pakistan]
pay could be shown in bank account and cover letter can be written explaining the situation that in pakistan she in unable to retreive the pay stubs but her letter from her emplyer (hospital ?) states her monthly salary.

You have to write a cover letter (in addition to invitation letter) that as shown in ur financial documents you are well set in canada and you will be responsible for all of her expenses. That letter will ensure the embassy that even if she doesnt have enough funds but her husband will be paying for all the expense.

Trust think of yourself as a Visa Officer and provide all the documents that you can think of. Inshallah rest God will help all of us ..
Ameeeeeeeeen..

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
mkhan63 said:
Thanks..

Inshallah your wife will get the TRV very soon.
I understand that there is no pay stubs in pakistan but she can get a letter from her workplace that she has been working with them for that long..
Plus she can get her leave approved (that shows that she will come back to join her job) [shows good ties to pakistan]
pay could be shown in bank account and cover letter can be written explaining the situation that in pakistan she in unable to retreive the pay stubs but her letter from her emplyer (hospital ?) states her monthly salary.

You have to write a cover letter (in addition to invitation letter) that as shown in ur financial documents you are well set in canada and you will be responsible for all of her expenses. That letter will ensure the embassy that even if she doesnt have enough funds but her husband will be paying for all the expense.

Trust think of yourself as a Visa Officer and provide all the documents that you can think of. Inshallah rest God will help all of us ..
Ameeeeeeeeen..
Thank you very much mkhan63, for your valuable advice and your good wishes. Luckily she does get her pay statements, so we will have several months statements that we can attach with the application.

As I am filling the form, I am little bit confused about purpose of visit. Should I select 'Tourism' or 'Other' ?
Also, do you think I need to enclose marriage certificate? My originals are at CHC Islamabad with sponsorship application.

Thank you again for your help and my best wishes

mkhan63

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Hello
Yah its tourism and you can explain that she is coming here to visit her husband.
Plus yes its better if you can attached a Nikkah nama. (english)

Inshallah you will be good to go.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
mkhan63 said:
Hello
Yah its tourism and you can explain that she is coming here to visit her husband.
Plus yes its better if you can attached a Nikkah nama. (english)

Inshallah you will be good to go.
Thanks a lot for your quick response. I have a couple of more questions. Is it necessary to notorize the letter of inviation? And could you please direct me to some good sample letter. I very much appreciate your help.

Thanks and best wishes

mkhan63

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
No you dont need to notorize the letter. You should send the original letter signed by you to your wife by mail.
Writing the invitation letter is very simple (the required information in a invitation letter is listed on the CIC website.
You dont need much more than that just stating that you have applied immigration and you want to invite your wife for a visit visa. Do mention that you will be responsible for all the expenses and also mention that your financial documents are attached with the application package.

I hope that work.
Plus keep in mind that you can write the cover letter and explain them the whole thing in much more detail.

irsum

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
Doc's Request.
May 2012
AOR Received.
May 2012
File Transfer...
June 2011
Med's Request
Nov. 2012
Med's Done....
Dec. 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 12, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 4, 2013
LANDED..........
Inshallah in May
mkhan63 said:
No you dont need to notorize the letter. You should send the original letter signed by you to your wife by mail.
Writing the invitation letter is very simple (the required information in a invitation letter is listed on the CIC website.
You dont need much more than that just stating that you have applied immigration and you want to invite your wife for a visit visa. Do mention that you will be responsible for all the expenses and also mention that your financial documents are attached with the application package.

I hope that work.
Plus keep in mind that you can write the cover letter and explain them the whole thing in much more detail.
Thanks a lot for all your helpful answers. I hope to complete everything and mail out in a couple of days. May I ask, when did your wife got her TRV? My wife was curious to know when I mentioned that someone on forum is very helpful and has been in similar sitution. Best wishes

SI

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Salam;

I have read all the posts and have been very helpful. My husband and I are going to apply for visit visa soon and my immigration process is inprocess, very similar to your cases. I have done research and it usualy turns out that the visit visa gets rejected if your spouse is a citizen or PR of canada, but reading your post has given us some hope. Just wanted to know how long it took for the visit visa to get approved? And was the file submitted in person to the Canadian High Commision Islamabad. We hope to get the visa by new year, the processing time on the immigration website says 56 days but not sure if it actualy is 56 days?
Hope to hear from you soon..thanks

SI

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Also could you pls tell me if i require a police certificate and medical report to go with the application because it says no such thing on the document checklist? thanks

mkhan63

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
Hello
Well there is no such thing that the VISA will be rejected just on the bases that the spouse is PR or can citizen.

Even CIC website refer to DUAL intent that you have immigration application under process but you are just going there for a short visit. the key point here is to remember that we need to satisfy the visa officer that we have strong ties with our country and we will come back and eventually wait for our immigration decision.

There is alot of misunderstanding that visit visa application or rejection will effect my immigration that all Bulls...
These are two different departments and has nothing to do with your immigration application.
BUT DO MENTION IN YOUR VISIT VISA APPLICATION THAT YOU HAVE APPLIED FOR IMMIGRATION AND ITS UNDER PROCESS.
never lie..
plus you dont need the medical but police certificate is advisable

mkhan63

Star Member
Jul 20, 2011
irsum said:
Thanks a lot for all your helpful answers. I hope to complete everything and mail out in a couple of days. May I ask, when did your wife got her TRV? My wife was curious to know when I mentioned that someone on forum is very helpful and has been in similar sitution. Best wishes
my wife got the visa after 74 days .she got the visa in month of sept.
Inshallah your wife will get the visa soon.

SI

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
Inshallah.. ok thanks a lot really appreciate your help..lets hope for the best. i hope its ok if i bother you with more questions later on..thanks

SI

Star Member
Oct 31, 2011
hi, i have another question for how many months/ weeks do you advise we apply the visit visa for? what duration did you apply for? pls let me know as soon as you can. thanks