+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about new Public policy for PGWP extention.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Which option should we choose if I am on implied status for visitor record ?

I am applying for one or more:

1. Apply for work permit with same employer
2. Restore my status as worker
3. Apply for a work permit for the first time or with a new employer
4. Get a new temporary resident permit

Thanks

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hi Guys,

I called IRCC to ask few questions. I was wondering whether candidates who have their PR in process should apply for BOWP or under this new policy. She said that it is our choice we can apply under either / or. She mentioned that this new policy also has implied status as long as you apply before your current work permit expires.

Last edited:

ayeshasultana2171

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
Hi Guys,

I called IRCC to ask few questions. I was wondering whether candidates who have their PR in process should apply for BOWP or under this new policy. She said that it is our choice we can apply under either / or. She mentioned that this new policy also has implied status.

Hey ,
Thanks for the update . But when I called on Friday for my case , the officer whom I spoke to she said , you will not be on implied status under this policy and u have to wait for any kind of paper to go back to work . May be becoz I was applying restoration along with this new pgwp extension ...
I am really not sure what to do now !

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
Hey ,
Thanks for the update . But when I called on Friday for my case , the officer whom I spoke to she said , you will not be on implied status under this policy and u have to wait for any kind of paper to go back to work . May be becoz I was applying restoration along with this new pgwp extension ...
I am really not sure what to do now !
As long as you apply while your work permit is still valid then you'd have implied status. If you lost your status and then you apply for restoration, you'd need to wait for the paper to go back to work. My work permit is still valid and that's why she mentioned that it would have implied status. That's my understanding

Reactions: CripplingYogi194

ayeshasultana2171

Star Member
Jul 16, 2017
As long as you apply while your work permit is still valid then you'd have implied status. If you lost your status and then you apply for restoration, you'd need to wait for the paper to go back to work. My work permit is still valid and that's why she mentioned that it would have implied status. That's my understanding
[/QUOTE

True, I thought the same thing after reading ur post . May be it’s not implied status for the restoration case .. like me .

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Yes this is correct. I also got this info. I am on visitor record and I need to wait for it to process

Prem1995

Mar 20, 2018
Hi, Will this PGWP extension applies to all. having a work permit from 2020. Mine will expire on March 2023. Due to covid I couldn't able to land on a noc job. Will the application open later in the upcoming years? any possibilities?

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hi, Will this PGWP extension applies to all. having a work permit from 2020. Mine will expire on March 2023. Due to covid I couldn't able to land on a noc job. Will the application open later in the upcoming years? any possibilities?
We dont know about that. There is nothing for people who has an expired wp after the stated date

sukhraj973

Feb 7, 2021
Does Anyone has sample of Explanation letter for public policy work permit. I don’t know how do i start. I have a pgwp already that ll expire in july 2021. Any inputs will be helpful. Thanks

ajisha18

Star Member
Jul 2, 2020
Hi everyone,
My PGWP expires on June 27,2021.. I have already applied for PR on May 19,2020 and it’s still in progress.. My spouse has OWP expires on the same day as mine June 27,2021... Now I am eligible to apply for both BOWP or PGWP Extension( I prefer PGWP extension as it has a validity of 18 months and its independent of PR)
Can you please suggest which one to apply and can I add my spouse as well in my PGWP extension application ?
If I can apply, what are the documents I need to provide them ?
Note: I am in NOC A level job for more than 2 years now

nee_p

Oct 26, 2018
Basically if your current PGWP is expiring between January-November, 2021 you qualify for the 18 month extension. Just make sure you apply four months before the expiry date.
The policy says “pgwp will expire 4 months from date of application” So doesn’t that mean the cut off date is 27 November 2021 ? Let’s say someone’s pgwp expires 30 November 2021. Even if they submit their application on 27 July 2021, it is technically not 4 months from date of application. It can’t be all of November like you said.

AtulDureja

Dec 15, 2020
Did anyone get their PGWP extended as per the new Public Policy declared in January? If yes, did it get extended for whole 18 months as said? Thanks in advance

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Basically if your current PGWP is expiring between January-November, 2021 you qualify for the 18 month extension. Just make sure you apply four months before the expiry date.
Hi, am I still eligible if my PGWP will be expired on June 15 2021? what does *apply four months before the expiry date*? is it the expiration of pgwp? thank you