+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about new Public policy for PGWP extention.

Kuku Joseph

May 15, 2021
I had completed 1 year pg diploma Dec2019-Aug2020 and worked for 11 months on pgwp and now I had applied for an open work permit as per the new policy.so many graduates who had completed 2 year pg diploma whose pgwp expired also will apply for the new owp .how they will select the graduates as per IRCC they will allow only 58000 graduates for the new owp. will mine be rejected?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I had completed 1 year pg diploma Dec2019-Aug2020 and worked for 11 months on pgwp and now I had applied for an open work permit as per the new policy.so many graduates who had completed 2 year pg diploma whose pgwp expired also will apply for the new owp .how they will select the graduates as per IRCC they will allow only 58000 graduates for the new owp. will mine be rejected?
There's no limit to number of owp under public policy. You are confusing it with some other program.

Reactions: Kuku Joseph

Kuku Joseph

May 15, 2021
LOL...this isn't IRCC site first of all....second this is estimated and not the limit of people - "Up-to".
I had contacted the lawyer and he also says not everyone will get the owp IRCC to have certain work hour requirements. The period is from Jan 2020 to Nov 2021.so we can assume how many applications will be there .

Kuku Joseph

May 15, 2021
There are speculations that this is only for those who had their job affected, which I do not believe. I think it is for everyone who has an expired pgwp even tho they worked full time during the pandemic.

If anyone has further information, please clarify
Yes that's right because the time period is from Jan 2020 -Nov 2021.we can guess what might be the no of applications.And don't think every one will get. In IRCC website also they cleay say for those who effected by the pandemic

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Yes that's right because the time period is from Jan 2020 -Nov 2021.we can guess what might be the no of applications.And don't think every one will get. In IRCC website also they cleay say for those who effected by the pandemic
Read this link about public policy. It's in simple English. Take help if you can't understand it. Nowhere it says - 'for those' affected by pandemic.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/coronavirus/temporary-residence/study-permit/pgwpp.html

Reactions: Kuku Joseph