+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about new Public policy for PGWP extention.

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Hi, am I still eligible if my PGWP will be expired on June 15 2021? what does *apply four months before the expiry date*? is it the expiration of pgwp? thank you
Yes you are eligible. Yes expiry of your current work permit. You can submit before the current one expires

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
When we are uploading the explanation letter for the public policy, are we going to upload it under client information? Thank you

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Good day, does anyone of you receive this kind of mail from IRCC??

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number (UCI number) as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until August 24, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

will it take longer for the final decision? Thanks

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Good day, does anyone of you receive this kind of mail from IRCC??

Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number (UCI number) as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until August 24, 2021 or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.

will it take longer for the final decision? Thanks
Hey even I got it . It’s kind of extension permit not sure if they are going to take long time

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
Good day everyone, can someone please explain what LMIA is? Does every employer here in Canada offers LMIA? Thank you

CripplingYogi194

Jul 29, 2018
Good day everyone, can someone please explain what LMIA is? Does every employer here in Canada offers LMIA? Thank you
No. LMIA is basically the employer sponsoring you to come to Canada to fill in a job in his company. The employer needs to pay immigration fees to do so and thus it is a lot of burden for them since they don't know if you are worth it unless you have worked for them before.

There is also LMIA exempt where the employer does not need to pay big $$$ but they still need to pay some immigration fees on your behalf

Reactions: Malibu25

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021
No. LMIA is basically the employer sponsoring you to come to Canada to fill in a job in his company. The employer needs to pay immigration fees to do so and thus it is a lot of burden for them since they don't know if you are worth it unless you have worked for them before.

There is also LMIA exempt where the employer does not need to pay big $$$ but they still need to pay some immigration fees on your behalf
Thank you so much, this helped alot.

Samagra

Mar 29, 2021
Markham
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
05-08-2020
Med's Done....
09-12-2020
LANDED..........
30-08-2019
Hello There,

My PGWP expires on 11th June
am I eligible for this new public policy?
if so, what should I write on the letter to IRCC on my application?

I have also applied for PR and am waiting for a verdict,
it seems I won't see a decision on my application for another 2 or 3 months at least,
This makes me eligible for the Bridge open work permit too

Which one would be a better option for me, could someone please guide me

Malibu25

Star Member
Apr 14, 2021

Hi, Sorry. Can we ask for LMIA with our current employer here in Canada?