+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Question about new Public policy for PGWP extention.

ZackKar

Nov 10, 2020
I don't think you need to apply to restore your status since you have implied status.

For your second question regarding how soon you'll be able to work, no one knows that yet. You'll need to wait for the full details to be published.
Do we have an answer now to get back to work or wait for the decision?

june123

Oct 6, 2020
Question: I am currently on a valid Bridging Open Work Permit, which was issued after my PGWP expired, but this expires in April (when my passport expires). Once I get my new passport can I still apply for the PGWP extension of 18 months, considering that I have a BOWP and used to have a PGWP?

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
My status had expired, I applied for this new WP today. Lmk if anyone has questions, I can try and help but I not an expect..
Hey mate, I would be needing to apply for this one too as mine is expiring in March and no news about the PR application. Since I've my wife with me, my doubt is can we submit both of our applications together? She didn't study in Canada and her status is Spouse open work permit. Any ideas?

bartemiousdjini

Apr 15, 2019
Hey mate, I would be needing to apply for this one too as mine is expiring in March and no news about the PR application. Since I've my wife with me, my doubt is can we submit both of our applications together? She didn't study in Canada and her status is Spouse open work permit. Any ideas?
Hey, I dont know.. my guess would be that you'd apply and get your new 18-month permit, and then she'd apply? Dont take my word for it, best bet would be to apply yourself (since you have to anyways), then call IRCC and ask them about your spouse's WP..

Reactions: Dhan09

Dhan09

Aug 3, 2016
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
07-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-03-2020
Hey, I dont know.. my guess would be that you'd apply and get your new 18-month permit, and then she'd apply? Dont take my word for it, best bet would be to apply yourself (since you have to anyways), then call IRCC and ask them about your spouse's WP..
Applying myself will make her run out of status. I think BOWP is the best bet in that case. But will wait a while and do it. Thanks for the reply bud.

Anjupatel@9594

Sep 29, 2019
Which option do I select for the question : "I am applying for the following" -

a) Apply for Work Permit with the same employer
b) Apply for a Work Permit for the first time or with a new employer
c) Restore my status as a worker
d) Get a new temporary resident permit(for inadmissable applicants only)

Kk kabobo

Star Member
May 27, 2019
I am cec march 2020 and all stages are passed. Medical is expired and I am waiting decision from ircc.
My pgwp expires in May 2021 .
Would you guys help me decide which one I should apply?
Am a little bit confused here.

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
I am cec march 2020 and all stages are passed. Medical is expired and I am waiting decision from ircc.
My pgwp expires in May 2021 .
Would you guys help me decide which one I should apply?
Am a little bit confused here.
Same situation. I think this new policy applies to those who were not able to apply for CEC class before. whoever has the CEC application pending should apply for BOWP. I might be mistaken.

Rojaj16

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
Hi all, I have one year Pgwp and getting expired on 11th May 2021. Iam I eligible to apply for this new extension?

RcKr

Jan 27, 2021
Same situation. I think this new policy applies to those who were not able to apply for CEC class before. whoever has the CEC application pending should apply for BOWP. I might be mistaken.
The new policy, from my understanding, has no connection to your PR application. For anyone who is in a PGWP and who meet the eligibility criteria should be able to apply

JayFM

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
We're expecting to receive our refusal letter on the first of February, They said we can apply even if we're on implied status ...but I think it will be better to wait until we got our refusal... What do you think?

Can my wife apply at the same time as me for this new policy for the SOWP?

Thanks, all the best guys!

Whateverman

Jul 1, 2020
The new policy, from my understanding, has no connection to your PR application. For anyone who is in a PGWP and who meet the eligibility criteria should be able to apply
Agreed. There is no question that anyone with PGWP residing in Canada can apply for this extension under the new policy. However we are in a situation where we have our PR application in process and facing delays because of Covid 19. We were wondering whether we should apply for a BOWP or for extension under this new policy. It’s confusing lol