+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
I would think they are getting back from the holiday break. Plus if its a hard cap, i'm hoping there's a bunch of approvals coming soon. i just dont know when the number resets.
I was just trying to see if I could find anything regarding the resetting of the quotas but found nothing. I am hoping we get some updates on our case soon since it's been quite some time.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I would think they are getting back from the holiday break. Plus if its a hard cap, i'm hoping there's a bunch of approvals coming soon. i just dont know when the number resets.
The truth is, we don't really know how they manage this cap and whether they 'renew' issuing at the end of the calendar year, or some other date, whether they've already issued into next year's based on some timing formulas, trading between programs, or what.

And, most importantly (perhaps anyway), how big the backlog actually is and whether they'll manage it based on some formal queuing process or what exactly.

Maybe it will come in the form of a bunch of approvals when they reset the quots and maybe they'll even catch up to some month from 2023. But there's no history to work from, only some hard-to-interpret smoke signals we see from the few public comments from governments (and the court system, actually).

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
The cease and desist letter was submited on the 13th of december. It imposed 60 days to come up with a solution. If either canada or quebec blink, we would get news closer to mid-february. If they don't blink, then it will go to court. That could take some time for resolution. There's also the pending lawsuit as well.

Based on my understanding of the process, if you already have the CSQ, you've already passed Quebec's screening and Canada is holding the application to respect Quebec's quota per their agreement. If Canada decides to give in to the letter, there might be a huge amount of approvals. Though i doubt Canada would do so because of the political fallout with Quebec, If it does go to court, there might be some form of agreed solution to move a bunch of approvals through and then letting Quebec maintain its cap afterwards so the case doesn't come to a decision in court.

Last edited:
Reactions: YULpj

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
The cease and desist letter was submited on the 13th of december. It imposed 60 days to come up with a solution. If either canada or quebec blink, we would get news closer to mid-february. If they don't blink, then it will go to court. That could take some time for resolution. There's also the pending lawsuit as well.

Based on the my understanding, if you already have thw CSQ, you've already passed Quebec's screening and Canada is holding the application to respect Quebec's quota per their agreement. If Canada decides to give in to the letter, there might be a huge amount of approvals. Though i doubt Canada would do so because of the political fallout with Quebec, if it does go to court, there might be some form of agreed solution to move a bunch of approvals through and then letting Quebec maintain its cap afterwards
My wife has had CSQ for 11 months now so I guess we will see.

I also saw something about starting in November 2023 there was a new requirement for an integration plan. That shouldn't affect our application but something to consider for new applicants. Even if it does my wife has already completed three French courses and starts her 4th on Monday so they can't say she isn't putting effort into integrating.

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
My wife attempted to register for the free french courses. But because of her lack of proficiency, they told her she would need to sign up for the courses once we move to Quebec and she couldn't take the virtual courses.

I just checked the processing times for Quebec. It was updated yesterday to 39 months, down from 42. So I'm assuming they've begun approving some applications for this year.

Reactions: SethLePod

SethLePod

Oct 25, 2023
Sorry it's a bit of a late update, but I got portal 1 on 15-12-2023 which surprised me as I'd assumed there wouldn't be any new updates before the end of the year. I've been checking my tracker over the holidays but today it updated to provide a COPR number and date of expiry, so it appears that they've already started working on these. Haven't had Portal 2 with the login details yet but it does seem like there is some movement at least.

eta - inland application: primary office is CPC Mississauga and secondary office is RROC

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Sorry it's a bit of a late update, but I got portal 1 on 15-12-2023 which surprised me as I'd assumed there wouldn't be any new updates before the end of the year. I've been checking my tracker over the holidays but today it updated to provide a COPR number and date of expiry, so it appears that they've already started working on these. Haven't had Portal 2 with the login details yet but it does seem like there is some movement at least.

eta - inland application: primary office is CPC Mississauga and secondary office is RROC
That's great to hear! I hope your application is completed soon.

Reactions: SethLePod

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023

Great news. Brings me hope

YULpj

Star Member
May 14, 2019

Based on my understanding of the process, if you already have the CSQ, you've already passed Quebec's screening and Canada is holding the application to respect Quebec's quota per their agreement. If Canada decides to give in to the letter, there might be a huge amount of approvals. Though i doubt Canada would do so because of the political fallout with Quebec, If it does go to court, there might be some form of agreed solution to move a bunch of approvals through and then letting Quebec maintain its cap afterwards so the case doesn't come to a decision in court.
I'm glad they are taking some action against this inhumane processing time

I Have CSQ and Medical done already, really praying hard that Canada will start accepting a bunch of applications since its a new year

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Hi everyone,
Anyone has an experience with returning CSQ application, how long it will take to return it? We submitted our application 18 December, then we found out that there is new form (the integration plan and extra documents have to be provided) so we are expecting that the application will be returned. We called them and they said we have to wait until you get a response from them.

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
For the CSQ, their site says they are processing requests received as of October 2023 and set an expactation of 3 months for a response. Though many can atest, the response time is much quicker, sometimes within weeks.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Hi everyone,
Anyone has an experience with returning CSQ application, how long it will take to return it? We submitted our application 18 December, then we found out that there is new form (the integration plan and extra documents have to be provided) so we are expecting that the application will be returned. We called them and they said we have to wait until you get a response from them.
They will either send the application back and ask for resubmission or give a deadline to submit the missing documents.

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
They will either send the application back and ask for resubmission or give a deadline to submit the missing documents.
I hope they will do that quickly. I guess they will return it because on their website they said we will not accept it with other one. I was hoping they will return it quickly. We figured it out on the same day that we submitted and tried to get back the mail from Canada post but they said we can't.

rositaaa

Nov 2, 2023
Does anyone have any news if any new cases are being approved? The average processing time for Quebec has not reduced!
Also not sure how that lawsuit filled by that lawyer is going and if it has made an impact yet