+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Hello everyone, I haven't received updates on pr tracker for a long time, two days in a row I received a ghost update, what does it mean?

The elapsed time is 17 months

Quebec file

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Hello everyone, I haven't received updates on pr tracker for a long time, two days in a row I received a ghost update, what does it mean?

The elapsed time is 17 months

Quebec file
Far as I know, there is no clear explanation to what ghost updates are. Whether it is the file being accessed or another reason.

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
The ghost updates make no sense. For a two week period I had ghost updates every day, then nothing for 2 months, before it went to every second day, to once a week. I haven't had a ghost update since February 2nd this year.

ElVeneCanuck

Dec 11, 2023
Hello everyone,

I applied for my wife's sponsorship on April 12, 2022, and she received her CSQ in August 2022. Since July 18, 2023, the background verification has been in progress, and the Biometrics and Eligibility have been marked as completed. It's worth mentioning that she has a daughter, whom I love as my own, and I'm wondering if this might be contributing to the duration of the application process.

Additionally, I filed an ATIP request in December but haven't received a response yet. I'm currently considering applying for a tourist visa for her, but I'm concerned her income might be an issue. I'm willing to cover all expenses, but I'm uncertain how Immigration might view this.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

Application Timeline:

• April 12, 2022: Applied for wife's sponsorship.
  • August 2022: My wife and her daughter received their CSQ.
  • July 18, 2023:Background verification in progress.
    • Biometrics completed.
    • Eligibility completed.
  • December 2022: Filed an ATIP request (no response yet).
Considering applying for a tourist visa but concerned about potential issues related to her income. Willing to support financially.

Thank you all in advance for your time and any guidance you can provide.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Hello everyone,

I applied for my wife's sponsorship on April 12, 2022, and she received her CSQ in August 2022. Since July 18, 2023, the background verification has been in progress, and the Biometrics and Eligibility have been marked as completed. It's worth mentioning that she has a daughter, whom I love as my own, and I'm wondering if this might be contributing to the duration of the application process.

Additionally, I filed an ATIP request in December but haven't received a response yet. I'm currently considering applying for a tourist visa for her, but I'm concerned her income might be an issue. I'm willing to cover all expenses, but I'm uncertain how Immigration might view this.

Any feedback or help would be greatly appreciated.

Application Timeline:

• April 12, 2022: Applied for wife's sponsorship.
  • August 2022: My wife and her daughter received their CSQ.
  • July 18, 2023:Background verification in progress.
    • Biometrics completed.
    • Eligibility completed.
  • December 2022: Filed an ATIP request (no response yet).
Considering applying for a tourist visa but concerned about potential issues related to her income. Willing to support financially.

Thank you all in advance for your time and any guidance you can provide.
The duration of the application is highly dependent on the all of the data in the application. Having a step-dauther alone wont lead to higher processing times but in certain situations such as custody issues, child becoming major during the application or anything of sort may result in a delay.

You may apply for a tourist visa and provide your own financial statements to support the intent to provide all necessary care.
You may explore this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/ for more details. Many shared their experience applying for the new TRV.

Reactions: ElVeneCanuck

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Hello, I received the third ghost update today, but there is no change in my file.

The dates I received the ghost update: February 16,19,20, I have not received an update since April 19, 2023, do you think I am close to getting PPR?

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
do you think I am close to getting PPR?
Unfortunately, I have no idea. You may check my signature for detailed timeline and try to correlate. But this is not something really accurate estimate as our files vary considerably. I didn't have any ghost updates on my file. Each update had some meaningful change in my file that I could see either on GcKey or PR Tracker.