+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

ElVeneCanuck

Dec 11, 2023
The duration of the application is highly dependent on the all of the data in the application. Having a step-dauther alone wont lead to higher processing times but in certain situations such as custody issues, child becoming major during the application or anything of sort may result in a delay.

You may apply for a tourist visa and provide your own financial statements to support the intent to provide all necessary care.
You may explore this thread: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/trv-for-spouse-and-dependant.803609/ for more details. Many shared their experience applying for the new TRV.
First of all, thank you, Ercan, for your insights; they're greatly appreciated. I'm reaching out to seek your advice on a matter related to sponsorship. I submitted an ATIP request for the GCMS notes over two months ago and have yet to receive a response. Upon contacting them via email, I was met with an automated reply stating, "UPDATED May 1, 2023: The ATIP division is receiving a large volume of ATIP requests. As such, if your inquiry is related to the status of your request, you will not receive a reply. Please note, it is not necessary to send multiple inquiries, as it does not speed up the processing of your request. Your patience is highly appreciated while the responsible team processes your request."

This situation is incredibly frustrating as it seems no agency is taking responsibility for the delay. Any guidance or suggestions you could provide would be immensely helpful. Thank you in advance from a disheartened individual.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
First of all, thank you, Ercan, for your insights; they're greatly appreciated. I'm reaching out to seek your advice on a matter related to sponsorship. I submitted an ATIP request for the GCMS notes over two months ago and have yet to receive a response. Upon contacting them via email, I was met with an automated reply stating, "UPDATED May 1, 2023: The ATIP division is receiving a large volume of ATIP requests. As such, if your inquiry is related to the status of your request, you will not receive a reply. Please note, it is not necessary to send multiple inquiries, as it does not speed up the processing of your request. Your patience is highly appreciated while the responsible team processes your request."

This situation is incredibly frustrating as it seems no agency is taking responsibility for the delay. Any guidance or suggestions you could provide would be immensely helpful. Thank you in advance from a disheartened individual.
Did made the ATIP to IRCC or CBSA? In my experience. IRCC tends to reply in 30 days +- few days.
I have a unfortunate experience with CBSA ATIP not getting any reply for over 6 months but the reason for this was my error of not submitting all required documentation.

So if you went with IRCC you had to provide:
1) ATIP consent (IRCC version) signed by Primary Applicant and all dependents (16+). For minors, consent from both parents must be obtained. Otherwise you may request dependent information to be withdrawn from ATIP request.
2) proof of sponsor status in Canada (passport or PR card)

If something is missing, then you'll likely have your request unfulfilled as being incomplete.

ElVeneCanuck

Dec 11, 2023
Did made the ATIP to IRCC or CBSA? In my experience. IRCC tends to reply in 30 days +- few days.
I have a unfortunate experience with CBSA ATIP not getting any reply for over 6 months but the reason for this was my error of not submitting all required documentation.

So if you went with IRCC you had to provide:
1) ATIP consent (IRCC version) signed by Primary Applicant and all dependents (16+). For minors, consent from both parents must be obtained. Otherwise you may request dependent information to be withdrawn from ATIP request.
2) proof of sponsor status in Canada (passport or PR card)

If something is missing, then you'll likely have your request unfulfilled as being incomplete.
Thank you for your insights regarding the ATIP process with IRCC and CBSA. I appreciate you sharing your experiences, as they provide valuable context.

I'd like to clarify that my ATIP application was submitted online directly to IRCC. I meticulously completed form IMM5744E and ensured that all scanned copies attached were clear and legible. In addition to my own documents, I included my wife's information in the application but opted not to include my daughter's details. For my proof of status in Canada, I submitted scans of both the front and back of my citizenship card.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Thank you for your insights regarding the ATIP process with IRCC and CBSA. I appreciate you sharing your experiences, as they provide valuable context.

I'd like to clarify that my ATIP application was submitted online directly to IRCC. I meticulously completed form IMM5744E and ensured that all scanned copies attached were clear and legible. In addition to my own documents, I included my wife's information in the application but opted not to include my daughter's details. For my proof of status in Canada, I submitted scans of both the front and back of my citizenship card.
Seems that you've done everything well. Unfortunately there is nothing in particular that can be done at this point. Maybe the requirement of stripping out details about your daughter may cause a bit longer processing.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
12.5 months since application or 12.5 months since the first medical ? We are at 13 months and the medical has not expired (June 2024 when it expires)
12.5 months since application. Medical will expire on end of april 2024 and we just did the medical today. I will update on it soon when IRCC receive the results.

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Hello everyone
The medical examination expired 4 months ago, there is no request for examination from IRCC, should I have an examination before the request is received

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023