+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. With the announcement from Frasier. I am thinking of applying a trv for my spouse and dependent. It says on the website it will only take 28 days for processing if its approved or rejected.

My question are what are the chances of my spouse and dependent getting approved for trv? She has a very small business of online selling used clothes. And recently she started working for a company that do online order of food based in US. She owned a fairly new car. Unfortunately our house is only named after me.

I have more than $40k cad to show financial capability to support them for trv. I want to submit this as soon as possible while i’m here in my home country for vacation.

Thanks in advance.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Interesting news. It's hard to predict what will be the actual criteria for this TRV type...
If anyone is interested to listen to Fraser:

They are talking about some kind of new approach. I'm inclined to think is that they might have devised some kind of fast assessment on likelihood of getting the PR. I'm just speculating but something like: more than 5 years of strong relations, clean PCC, good health etc.

Moreover, the income and home ties would not be as important since as they make OWP application available for outland spousal applicants meaning that they accept that TRV applicants won't be going back. At least, not for the duration of PR application.

But again, that just speculations.

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Interesting news. It's hard to predict what will be the actual criteria for this TRV type...
If anyone is interested to listen to Fraser:

They are talking about some kind of new approach. I'm inclined to think is that they might have devised some kind of fast assessment on likelihood of getting the PR. I'm just speculating but something like: more than 5 years of strong relations, clean PCC, good health etc.

Moreover, the income and home ties would not be as important since as they make OWP application available for outland spousal applicants meaning that they accept that TRV applicants won't be going back. At least, not for the duration of PR application.

But again, that just speculations.
I am interested as well since my wife's application was submitted last year's Sep, do you know or think by coming to Canada, will it change the sponsor application from outland to inland?

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am interested as well since my wife's application was submitted last year's Sep, do you know or think by coming to Canada, will it change the sponsor application from outland to inland?
Actually I dont know about this change. Im not thinking about that for now. We are compiling all the documents for now to submit it asap.

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Actually I dont know about this change. Im not thinking about that for now. We are compiling all the documents for now to submit it asap.
In your letter of explanation, will you explain if your spouse will return to her home country after TRV expire?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys. With the announcement from Frasier. I am thinking of applying a trv for my spouse and dependent. It says on the website it will only take 28 days for processing if its approved or rejected.

My question are what are the chances of my spouse and dependent getting approved for trv? She has a very small business of online selling used clothes. And recently she started working for a company that do online order of food based in US. She owned a fairly new car. Unfortunately our house is only named after me.

I have more than $40k cad to show financial capability to support them for trv. I want to submit this as soon as possible while i’m here in my home country for vacation.

Thanks in advance.
Never any harm in trying I have a very hard time believe that 98% of applicants will be approved. Many will not qualify for public healthcare unless they get a WP and they start working full-time (there may be other requirements as well). If the children are the dependents of the spouse being sponsored they children won’t qualify for free public schooling unless their biological parent has a WP and is working. Many will also be required to obtain a study permit as well. These issues are not highlighted in any of the announcements. Likely another example of federal government making promises but the issue and costs fall on the provincial governments. The biggest issue I see is with pregnancy. Their will be women who arrive pregnant or get pregnant in Canada only to discover that in a large proportion lf provinces they don’t qualify for public healthcare unless they are working full-time and in some provinces working full-time and are scheduled to work full-time for over 6 months. There was recent post about a child who has been unable to attend school in Canada for most of this year since the child is as stepchild and the biological mother is being sponsored. The school realized that the child was not entitled to free schooling and was asked to leave the school soon after starting in September. Believe she was told to apply for a study permit but that would require paying international student fees that were not within the family’s budget. With the help of the forum she realized why the child would not qualify for free public schooling and why she had been asked to apply for a study permit. The child will need to remain out of school until she got PR so likely a full school year.

Any family member being sponsored needs to look up the policies regarding eligibility for provincial healthcare and eligibility for public schooling if the sponsorship involves a stepchild. When it comes to pregnancy there will be no coverage for 3rd trimester and labour and delivery unless you purchase travel medical insurance before you get pregnancy.

Reactions: comarxx

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Never any harm in trying I have a very hard time believe that 98% of applicants will be approved. Many will not qualify for public healthcare unless they get a WP and they start working full-time (there may be other requirements as well). If the children are the dependents of the spouse being sponsored they children won’t qualify for free public schooling unless their biological parent has a WP and is working. Many will also be required to obtain a study permit as well. These issues are not highlighted in any of the announcements. Likely another example of federal government making promises but the issue and costs fall on the provincial governments. The biggest issue I see is with pregnancy. Their will be women who arrive pregnant or get pregnant in Canada only to discover that in a large proportion lf provinces they don’t qualify for public healthcare unless they are working full-time and in some provinces working full-time and are scheduled to work full-time for over 6 months. There was recent post about a child who has been unable to attend school in Canada for most of this year since the child is as stepchild and the biological mother is being sponsored. The school realized that the child was not entitled to free schooling and was asked to leave the school soon after starting in September. Believe she was told to apply for a study permit but that would require paying international student fees that were not within the family’s budget. With the help of the forum she realized why the child would not qualify for free public schooling and why she had been asked to apply for a study permit. The child will need to remain out of school until she got PR so likely a full school year.

Any family member being sponsored needs to look up the policies regarding eligibility for provincial healthcare and eligibility for public schooling if the sponsorship involves a stepchild. When it comes to pregnancy there will be no coverage for 3rd trimester and labour and delivery unless you purchase travel medical insurance before you get pregnancy.
Thanks for this information. Appreciate it.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In your letter of explanation, will you explain if your spouse will return to her home country after TRV expire?
Yes. I will explain it. And if trv gets approved of course we will just try to extend it for another 6 months. If I remember correctly when my friends mother in law was in Canada as visitor they just keep on extending her visitors visa until it reach 2 years.

But hopefully within that 6 months our spouse application is already approved.

Reactions: cwz

alexru

Jan 7, 2020
I'm also planning on applying for TRV for my spouse, but I just have few questions:

1. What do I list as "proof of means of financial support" if I'm the one who'll be covering the expense? She has job but in a 3rd world country, even a good paying job is not enough for Canada.

2. Proof of upfront medical exam: we've already done a medical test for the spousal visa, could we just link and use that for this?

We've already submitted our spousal application, and have received AOR, passed both sponsor eligibility and medical exam.

Aish####a

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I'm also planning on applying for TRV for my spouse, but I just have few questions:

1. What do I list as "proof of means of financial support" if I'm the one who'll be covering the expense? She has job but in a 3rd world country, even a good paying job is not enough for Canada.

2. Proof of upfront medical exam: we've already done a medical test for the spousal visa, could we just link and use that for this?

We've already submitted our spousal application, and have received AOR, passed both sponsor eligibility and medical exam.
I have started the application last night it was so easy. For biometric it only as if you already submitted biometric, and for medical you just enter the IME number if you already passed medical. I am just waiting for my husband to print his statement of account and the fact that we have 3 kids included in the application I stated that I will be supporting financially too.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I also started the application right after the announcement. I used the new application under Gckey under my spouse’s account. But the question is if I typed some of the imm’s there its a bit different on IRCC’s country specific requirements. It’s like doing a spousal application but you have to go to the country specific requirements.

Im a bit confused now.

Kaibigan

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2020
I remain doubtful about the whole thing.

Have they created a special TRV application process for family reunification? If not, anyone applying on that basis will simply be sending off what appears to be an ordinary TRV application that will be tossed on the pile, awaiting a decision and unless it gets a hard look (which almost never happens), the visa officer won't even recognize it as seeking family reunification.

Aish####a

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
I also started the application right after the announcement. I used the new application under Gckey under my spouse’s account. But the question is if I typed some of the imm’s there its a bit different on IRCC’s country specific requirements. It’s like doing a spousal application but you have to go to the country specific requirements.

Im a bit confused now.
I start the application through the ircc portal.