+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV for spouse and dependant

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Update: we submitted our application for this new trv!

It’s pretty straight forward application in the new portal. Just attaching passport copies and documents/proofs at the end. And of course you have to pay.

They will send you messages in the portal and you also get something like the one in gckey screen where all the progress and details. There is even a progress bar.

I will be still with my spouse and daughter for 3 weeks so we only have 10 days or less not being together to know the result. Fingers crossing!
Are you referring to https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en ?
Am I right to understand that you have to get the invite code from https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

I'm unable to find much of documentation on the official web page.

I think of tying to submit a request for my dependent step-child (my wife has TRV already)

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
And if you mind sharing more information, is there a separate application flow or this is a standard process with getting all the usual documents such as invitation letter and other standard forms?

I tried to register and at least from what I see it looks like a standard application.

The application is indeed very straightforward. At least for a dependent child that has nothing really to declare (short of 18 y/o by few weeks).
An additional document that wasn't submitted already with PR is National Identity document that needs to be translated and a new proof of funds will be needed, I guess from me (sponsor). And letter of invitation.

I decided to be bold and straightforward about the purpose of the visit - to stay. We'll see how successful it will be :)

Last edited:

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you create an account using your email (Sponsor) or your spouse? I'm not sure if this makes any difference.
I create an account using my own email, so I do not have to submit the form for representative. But obviously all the information is for my PA and dependant. It’s pretty straight forward when you get to the portal.

Reactions: PrivateComstock

Aish####a

Star Member
Jan 6, 2022
And if you mind sharing more information, is there a separate application flow or this is a standard process with getting all the usual documents such as invitation letter and other standard forms?

I tried to register and at least from what I see it looks like a standard application.

The application is indeed very straightforward. At least for a dependent child that has nothing really to declare (short of 18 y/o by few weeks).
An additional document that wasn't submitted already with PR is National Identity document that needs to be translated and a new proof of funds will be needed, I guess from me (sponsor). And letter of invitation.

I decided to be bold and straightforward about the purpose of the visit - to stay. We'll see how successful it will be :)
Of course I did the same thing. I wrote a letter of explanation too.

comarxx

Jan 12, 2012
Manila
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is the invitation letter you guys are talking about the explanation why you are visiting your spouse in Canada on the first page of the portal?

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Update: we submitted our application for this new trv!

It’s pretty straight forward application in the new portal. Just attaching passport copies and documents/proofs at the end. And of course you have to pay.

They will send you messages in the portal and you also get something like the one in gckey screen where all the progress and details. There is even a progress bar.

I will be still with my spouse and daughter for 3 weeks so we only have 10 days or less not being together to know the result. Fingers crossing!

We just applied yesterday as well!

Reactions: comarxx

Charbk

Star Member
Feb 11, 2023
Category........
FSW
Is the invitation letter you guys are talking about the explanation why you are visiting your spouse in Canada on the first page of the portal?
Invitation letter is usually from the person you are going to visit. It’s usually written in good faith.

Siva1917

Oct 25, 2022
Hi Everyone. My brother is in Canada and he is the sponsee. My mother is the principal applicant and I’m a dependent 21 age. Can I apply now for TRV ? As the new message that trv will be processed under 30 days for people waiting for PR. Correct me if I’m wrong ??

NamNg

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi Everyone. My brother is in Canada and he is the sponsee. My mother is the principal applicant and I’m a dependent 21 age. Can I apply now for TRV ? As the new message that trv will be processed under 30 days for people waiting for PR. Correct me if I’m wrong ??
spousal sponsor application only if I am not wrong

Reactions: Charbk

krstn29

Star Member
Mar 29, 2019
Interesting news. It's hard to predict what will be the actual criteria for this TRV type...
If anyone is interested to listen to Fraser:

They are talking about some kind of new approach. I'm inclined to think is that they might have devised some kind of fast assessment on likelihood of getting the PR. I'm just speculating but something like: more than 5 years of strong relations, clean PCC, good health etc.

Moreover, the income and home ties would not be as important since as they make OWP application available for outland spousal applicants meaning that they accept that TRV applicants won't be going back. At least, not for the duration of PR application.

But again, that just speculations.
I am wondering about that too. Since my spouse would be able to apply for OWP when he comes here on TRv, do we still need to show proof of funds and strong ties to his home country? Coz usually the reasons for TRV refusal are (one)lack or limited financial funds and (two) you did not satisfy the immigration officer that you will go back to your country at the end of your visa stay.

Reactions: Charbk