+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Just saw the IRCC posted processing time for inland Québec applications is now 27 months, so despite the federal government saying it will process more applications it went up. We are also 7 months into my wife's OWP application despite the processing time being 92 days currently.
34 months outside Canada.

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Just saw the IRCC posted processing time for inland Québec applications is now 27 months, so despite the federal government saying it will process more applications it went up. We are also 7 months into my wife's OWP application despite the processing time being 92 days currently.
They are making fun of us, I have been separated from my husband for 22 months, I don't know how long this will continue.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
They are making fun of us, I have been separated from my husband for 22 months, I don't know how long this will continue.
That's really unfortunate, it's really frustrating when the process is so unclear. There is no transparency.

ElVeneCanuck

Dec 11, 2023
Just checked the tracker and saw an update thought it was a ghost update but then saw a document number and expiry date for COPR. I can post a detailed timeline later but inland Québec, applied Oct 2022.
Doesnt that mean the application has been approved? Congrats!

Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) details
When you’re approved for permanent residence in Canada, you'll get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. Below are details about this document.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Doesnt that mean the application has been approved? Congrats!

Confirmation of Permanent Residency (COPR) details
When you’re approved for permanent residence in Canada, you'll get a Confirmation of Permanent Residence document. Below are details about this document.
It should but we are cautious about it. It's at least progress but no email yet regarding the actual document. Hopefully soon.

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
How long is it normal to wait for Quebec outland between pre-arrival and background checks completed?

I have been waiting 6 weeks, is it normal?

My VO is Mississauga (Outland)

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
How long is it normal to wait for Quebec outland between pre-arrival and background checks completed?

I have been waiting 6 weeks, is it normal?

My VO is Mississauga (Outland)
The timeline is varied. We got approval after 16 months. SOme haven't gotten approval going on 2 years and others got in 10 months. They won't tell us what is the deciding factor that differentiates the wait times for Quebec

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015

HTS_QC

Dec 4, 2022
Thanks guys, I was asking specifically the time between pre-arrival and completion of background checks/PPR, not the full process.

@SCcanuck for example, in your case, what was the time gap between pre-arrival and PPR?

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
Pre arriv
Thanks guys, I was asking specifically the time between pre-arrival and completion of background checks/PPR, not the full process.

@SCcanuck for example, in your case, what was the time gap between pre-arrival and PPR?
pre-arrival came in March/April 2023 and completed April 2024. Initial application was december 2022

Last edited:

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023

Unfortunately the pre-arrival is the most unreliable cue. I know few who waited over a year after pre-arrival, few got pre-arrival a day or two before PPR.

Reactions: armoured