+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
So all 4 steps on the application status tracker for my wife have been marked as completed including the background as of 3/22. How long until we hear back for the next step?
All four have been completed for my wife since 13 March 2023, AIP then came July 2023, no news since then. So, it is difficult to say.

Reactions: Rosmilmo

ElVeneCanuck

Dec 11, 2023
I'm seeking advice regarding updates on my wife's application status tracker. I applied on behalf of my wife and stepdaughter on March 2, 2022. For a long period, the status for the medical examination was listed as "Not Started", and the background verification was "In Progress".

Recently, on March 22, 2024, our lawyer received an email requesting that my wife and daughter undergo a medical examination and provide an updated police report for my wife. Interestingly, we had not submitted any new information on that day, yet the status updated to "Completed" and then reverted back to "In Progress" for both the medical exam and background verification for my wife and stepdaughter.

Currently, both statuses are marked as "In Progress". However, the eligibility status for my stepdaughter is "Not Started", while my wife's status is "Completed". Is it typical for a minor's eligibility status to be marked as "Not Started"? Furthermore, is there a possibility that my wife or stepdaughter might be called for an interview? If so, what are the chances of this occurring?

Your insights and experiences would be greatly appreciated. Below is the history of the status updates as recorded:

March 22, 2024: The medical exam status was updated to "In Progress".
March 22, 2024: Shortly after, the medical exam status changed to "Completed".
March 22, 2024: We received confirmation of the completed immigration medical exam.
March 22, 2024: The police certificate(s) were acknowledged as received.
March 22, 2024: A message regarding our application was sent to us, advising us to read it carefully and take necessary actions.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.

Reactions: Rosmilmo

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Currently, both statuses are marked as "In Progress". However, the eligibility status for my stepdaughter is "Not Started", while my wife's status is "Completed". Is it typical for a minor's eligibility status to be marked as "Not Started"?
Yes, or at least as far as I'm aware, the status for dependents/not principal applicants is not reliable.

Furthermore, is there a possibility that my wife or stepdaughter might be called for an interview? If so, what are the chances of this occurring?
Yes. Quite low.

Reactions: ElVeneCanuck

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
I'm seeking advice regarding updates on my wife's application status tracker. I applied on behalf of my wife and stepdaughter on March 2, 2022. For a long period, the status for the medical examination was listed as "Not Started", and the background verification was "In Progress".

Recently, on March 22, 2024, our lawyer received an email requesting that my wife and daughter undergo a medical examination and provide an updated police report for my wife. Interestingly, we had not submitted any new information on that day, yet the status updated to "Completed" and then reverted back to "In Progress" for both the medical exam and background verification for my wife and stepdaughter.

Currently, both statuses are marked as "In Progress". However, the eligibility status for my stepdaughter is "Not Started", while my wife's status is "Completed". Is it typical for a minor's eligibility status to be marked as "Not Started"? Furthermore, is there a possibility that my wife or stepdaughter might be called for an interview? If so, what are the chances of this occurring?

Your insights and experiences would be greatly appreciated. Below is the history of the status updates as recorded:

March 22, 2024: The medical exam status was updated to "In Progress".
March 22, 2024: Shortly after, the medical exam status changed to "Completed".
March 22, 2024: We received confirmation of the completed immigration medical exam.
March 22, 2024: The police certificate(s) were acknowledged as received.
March 22, 2024: A message regarding our application was sent to us, advising us to read it carefully and take necessary actions.
Thank you in advance for any assistance.
I also have a stepdaughter in my application and when it got completed for my wife (all 4 green), both Eligibility and Background remained as Not Started too. They got PPR last week. I think the dependent status is unreliable as there is no real eligibility and background to do for minors.

We also received a letter asking to do medical again in February and completed on March 6th.

sherryl89

Star Member
Dec 4, 2018
Inland sponsor here, we received the CSQ 2 weeks ago, does this mean that the application will not be moving, or they finish the eligibility, medical and you wait to get AIP for 2 years?
Can you share your timeline please. I also am a Quebec applicant and they are taking long for SA approval.

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
The status tracker just updated with a COPR expiration date and a document number for my wife. How will she receive this document and when?

Timeline
Applied December 9th 2022, Outland, Quebec
Everything completed/approved in 2023.
Background completed March 22nd, 2024
COPR update April 2nd, 2024

Last edited:
Reactions: ERCAN

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
The status tracker just updated with a COPR expiration date and a document number for my wife. How will she receive this document and when?
The allocation of a COPR date and number is a poor predictor of anything else. It is a step forward, that's good, but on its own won't tell you much.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM

Timeline
Applied December 9th 2022, Outland, Quebec
Everything completed/approved in 2023.
Background completed March 22nd, 2024
COPR update April 2nd, 2024
You will receive it when you get the passport back. Just wait for the PPR letter.

We just received back the passports and CPOR today.

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
The allocation of a COPR date and number is a poor predictor of anything else. It is a step forward, that's good, but on its own won't tell you much.
We just received the passport request letter. Though my wife is a citizen of a visa not required country, all we have to send in is pictures, a scan of her passport and a familial update within 30 days to receive the COPR.

Reactions: ERCAN

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We just received the passport request letter. Though my wife is a citizen of a visa not required country, all we have to send in is pictures, a scan of her passport and a familial update within 30 days to receive the COPR.
Congrats. Sometimes that COPR-allocation in profile does just precede passport request, but not always.

ERCAN

Jan 25, 2023
Congratulations !

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
We just received the passport request letter. Though my wife is a citizen of a visa-not-required country, all we have to send in is pictures, a scan of her passport and a familial update within 30 days to receive the COPR.
Congratulations, I knew it wouldn't take long. In our case, since my wife's country requires a visa to enter, we need to send passports to the VFS for the counterfoil and they send them back with the COPY papers.

Reactions: SCcanuck