+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Applications Estimated at 24 Months?

ElVeneCanuck

Dec 11, 2023
We do not know the prioritization process, but if the ones processed quickly do not total to 80% (or even if eg 25% of files are held for a long time), then the stated time will also be volatile - because their method is to use the most recent cohort that gets to 80% approved. It therefore still doesn't contradict that they seem to be artificially holding back a large number of files due to the Quebec-imposed limits.

Now from the numbers it sounds more like something less than half are getting processed relatively quickly, which would be consistent with us seeing some approvals like yours - even 'many' - but a lot that don't seem to move. Alas, can't say much more than that, except that - the posted numbers are going to be frightening and jump around a lot and not tell us mch about what's going on.
I hope I'm wrong on this, but the following news would explain why some applications are processed faster than others.
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2318528579722

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I hope I'm wrong on this, but the following news would explain why some applications are processed faster than others.
https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2318528579722
So apart from, as noted, that this has nothing to do with quebec family apps - what do you think this has to do with anything? I can't see the full video (if indeed there is more) - but so far all I've seen is that some unscrupulous consultants make promises they can't fulfill and charge a lot of money. Is there any info they even succeeded at paying anyone off and getting special treatment?

At any rate answer would still be:
-buyer of immigration consulting services beware. Know what your'e paying them for, get it in writing.
-if you didn't get it in writing, it's probably because you knew it was shady - so kiss your money goodbye. But still report them.
-whether they're registered consultants or not, they need to be reported to police.
-if they're not registered and they are in Canada, their business is illegal (they need to be registered with IRCC).
-if registered - report them. They're breaking the law to take money for things they can't deliver.
-if the allegation si that government employeeds took money (bribes) for things off the books - make sure to report it to the RCMP.

If they're outside Canada - report the consultants to police wherever and kiss your money goodbye, not much Canada can do.

Xilikon

Apr 26, 2018
Quebec City, Canada
Category........
FAM
Consultants being paid to make it process faster is an urban legend. It depends more on the complexity of the application and the VO.

As proof, mine is from Quebec, filled myself without a single help from a consultant and we just got PPR today! See my signature for the timeline.

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Consultants being paid to make it process faster is an urban legend. It depends more on the complexity of the application and the VO.

As proof, mine is from Quebec, filled myself without a single help from a consultant and we just got PPR today! See my signature for the timeline.
Congratulations!

Reactions: Xilikon

Root90

Sep 14, 2023
Hello everyone, I received an update on my wife's file, the health report had expired, the validity period of the health report was updated as 2025.

My question is this;

If my wife's visa is approved within this year, will she be exempt from health?

NOTE: Quebec file

tea_1984

Star Member
May 2, 2022
Hello everyone, I received an update on my wife's file, the health report had expired, the validity period of the health report was updated as 2025.

My question is this;

Same happened in my wife's application. They are extending the expiration dates for low risk applicants. So another medical shouldn't be necessary prior to the new expiration date. After that, I don't know for certain.

Reactions: Root90

rmtl

Aug 27, 2021
Inland sponsor here, we received the CSQ 2 weeks ago, does this mean that the application will not be moving, or they finish the eligibility, medical and you wait to get AIP for 2 years?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

My question is this;

Her medical is still valid up till that extended expiry date in 2025 (depending on country and travel history, IRCC could extend the date without another exam). So if her visa is approved this year, the COPR would be till that date in 2025.

SCcanuck

Dec 4, 2023
So all 4 steps on the application status tracker for my wife have been marked as completed including the background as of 3/22. How long until we hear back for the next step?