Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
peso said:
vibez_well
just want to ask the people that got interview were nurses ? and do you know when they applied.
hey peso, yes all 3 are nurses, dont know the timelines of the others, but my friend's timeline is mentioned below.

vibez_well said:
Yup ! BIQ-HK is open for business alright ! Heres another piece of info...

I just heard from my friend who got an interview call. Here is her timeline...

Applied : 23 Feb 2011
AoR : 5 May 2011
Interview Letter : 21 Jun 2011
Interview 26 Sep 2011 @ HONGKONG
Profession : Nurse
Nationality : Indian

Yes, Indians are also getting called to HK for interviews ! She knows another 3 nurses from diff parts of India who got calls for the Sep Interview.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

applicante.ph said:
thanks @ egrace62.... what if i have filled july and by december they will change something... will it apply to us despite they have recieved our application months ago? or it will possibly affect us? i still have one concern the only thing that affects my decision is that only by august i will have 2 yrs experience but i have no plans yet of resigning.. if i apply by july the date of issuance of my COE will reflect only 1yr and 11 mos..soo confusing...hahays...
if there will b any changes at all, it will only affect applications that are yet to b submitted. all applications that were recieved b4 any change if any, will b treated according to the rule that was in effect as at the time the submission was made irrespective of how long the file is being kept in their office

Quebecresi

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong BIQ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 31 2011
Doc's Request.
Feb 07 2011
Interview........
waiting
Hi All

I had some useful information passed to me berfore when I needed help, thanks for all that

Now again I am need of your help, I moved from Australia to India permenently some 20 days back & I had notified the BIQ through email with the change of my address & they responded back saying my details are updated on the database, but my question is will my application be delayed because of this & where am I likely to face the interview if at all?

I applied as HR consultant on January 31st 2011, would my qualification come under preferred list?

Good luck for all of you

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
"Quebecresi,

No change of address doesn't have any impact in processing of your file and it won't delay it.

Could you please update us with you timeliness , qualification, Area of training , work exp, language proficiency....

Regards

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
virgiemaricel said:
May I know if you studied french or still studying/ learning french? Is it true one has to know french before he applies as Quebec immigrant?
I'm still studying/learning french. Yes. But having no knowledge of the language won't immediately disqualify you to apply as an immigrant. You just have to show them that you can integrate successfully to the society and that means you will have to learn french. BTW, I can see you've just migrated in Canada right? Are you planning to transfer to Quebec immediately?

a

Apr 8, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@solokru goodluck on your interview!!! Its yours for the taking and almost there.... ;) just one quick question: whats your level of french???

Can someone... Seniors any idea if you tick 1 for french will they conduct the entire interview in french??? Just wondering.... Any inputs is greatly appreciated. ;D

Thanks much!

A

solokru

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-04-2012
I haven't cleared A1 yet so I'll put it in very basic. ;D

Quebecresi

Apr 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong BIQ
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 31 2011
Doc's Request.
Feb 07 2011
Interview........
waiting
Hi Quebec 2011

Thanks for information

Applied: Jan 31 2011
Update received about updation on Finance form submitted in February

work experience: HR Consultant - 6 yrs in India & 2 .5 yrs as Admin Officer in Australia

Language: still trying to learn French

Haven't heard anything from the BIQ yet.

When do you think I can expect some update?

batlimos_85

May 29, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
a said:
@ solokru goodluck on your interview!!! Its yours for the taking and almost there.... ;) just one quick question: whats your level of french???

Can someone... Seniors any idea if you tick 1 for french will they conduct the entire interview in french??? Just wondering.... Any inputs is greatly appreciated. ;D

Thanks much!

A
french is not a problem depending on your file. i had a friend, she and her husband works as chemists they both speaks only few sentences in french and very poor English. they told me that the interviewer tried hard to make the interview in french then he tried in English and at the end he called for an Arabic translator. my friends got the CSQ at the end of the interview but the interviewer told them that normally he wouldn't have gave it to them but only because they are need for chemists he gave it to them, and recommended that they learn french before they leave to quebec to be able to find a job. lucky arent they!

nellyprestly

Jun 3, 2011
hello friends,

i am new here and i have just finished applying but don't know whats next....please can some one just give me a hint of what happen after applying.. :) ::)

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
nellyprestly said:
hello friends,

i am new here and i have just finished applying but don't know whats next....please can some one just give me a hint of what happen after applying.. :) ::)
You are going to get a file number which is also called AOR "acknowledgement of receipts of your application fee and application".

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Quebecresi said:
Hi Quebec 2011

Thanks for information

Applied: Jan 31 2011
Update received about updation on Finance form submitted in February

work experience: HR Consultant - 6 yrs in India & 2 .5 yrs as Admin Officer in Australia

Language: still trying to learn French

Haven't heard anything from the BIQ yet.

When do you think I can expect some update?

I have been waiting for 8 and half months now so you can make out how long to wait.

Good luck

robinhi5

Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-03-2011
Med's Request
20-03-2011
Med's Done....
22-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
Hi Friend,

I have got my CSQ in 15 February.And i have applied for PR in New delhi office.
My medical report and passport has been submitted on 24 March.
Three month has been completed after my medical report submit.But still i am waiting for my Visa.

Any one can tell me how much more time it will take to get visa?

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
@robinhi5,

Shahi who got his CSQ in February received his visa within 1 and half month or maybe sooner after submitting his Federal application but though you have his Federal timeliness I don't know why it took you this long time. Hope the maple leaf come to you passport soon.

Actually I went through your previous posts and there I found out that you had applied in the June 2009 and your interview was in Feb 2011, could you tell us why did your CSQ take such a long time?

Thanks in Advance.

mbqsw

Jun 4, 2011
Estonia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ mbqsw, (1) had Quebec been interestd in strong french speakers, they would av limitd d program to france or any other french speaking countries. All u need is a demostratn dat u are learning d language & dat u intend 2continue til u are perfect. (2) yeah u can submit nw & update ur file wit d rsult when u get ur AOR. (3) point allocatn for language an all other factors can b found in d processing guide titled: Guides des immigration. I dnt av d address handy with me now perhaps other forum members can pls provide d link for our friend. (4) the minimum requird work experience is 6months. (5) degree equivalency for foreign degree can b obtaind by sending ur notarized transcript & a fee to d foreign qualificatn equivalency agency.after verificatn, d agency ll issue a certificate of equivalency or otherwise.it's only a necessary step b4 one can take M.sc degree of which ur intendin sch ll do for u. U need not file for equivalency b4 ur applicatn can b successful u dnt need it. (6) Mutual Recognitn agreement are meant for those who had attended some specialized sch in Belgium/france. Most of us ll not fall under this agreement.

Well
First of all, thanks everybody for being so helpful and giving so much information :)
specially @egrace62, @STILLHOPE.
good pointers guys!
I really appreciate it

I had to move to another city meanwhile... so you can imagine how busy I got
it's a pity I'm reading the posts late
times is of essence!
Good, I had my questions answered, now I have new questions :)

@STILLHOPE, okay, I will tick 1 for my French ability in the application form.
Yes if I get 2 points for my French then I will have enough points (minimum 49)
By “admission receipt” of french language you mean a receipt/paper that I'm attending a French course?

@egrace62 and @STILLHOPE:
By “AOR” you mean the confirmation from BIQ (or migration office) that they have received my application and give me a file number? (sorry guys I'm still confused with all these terms ;) )
So from your profile I can see it takes around 4 months to receive the AOR.
but then, at this point (after getting AOR) I will have to present a French test result?
Then I'm not sure I'm going to make it in 4 months! :(
I've just started French and I also have other things to do with my work and stuff...

Which one do you recommend by the way:
TEF or DELF?

@ egrace62
yes you're right. It's strange if they expect you to be perfect in French
But as I said I heard of people being postponed or rejected because of their weak French.

I should submit my application asap before my IELTS expires on September
I have General IELTS (not academic) which I assume is valid for 2 years

For the Interview *:
Other than general things that you'll answer, the key point is French. Right?
The interview will be in French?

I contacted the BIQ Vienna the same day I posted my questions here *
Maybe this is helpful for some people on this board:
they replied my email and among answers to my other questions the said that “ french test result is not necessary”!
Okay! But you're correct that we should send it... better for our profiles
They also sent me the information in French from BIQ Vienna, I'll try to find info in “Guides des immigration" that you said.

There's also a pointer about our current country of residence, which you know defines our immigration office.
In definitions they say “country of residence: “… You must have been legally admitted to this country for a period of at least one year. ...”
Now I'm living in Estonia, I came here 6 months ago from Iran and I have 1 year of visa
so I hope Vienna will be my office
Damascus office is busier, takes more time also flying back there is quite expensive

again one questions about the terms,
Is DCS same thing as CSQ? (Certificat de sélection du Québec)

okay,
I'm done with my questions for now!
I'm going to prepare documents and forms for my CSQ

By the way,
this should be a great forum as far as I can see
I hope to see you all in Quebec soon :)
it's great to support each other...

Good luck to people who are having their interviews

God bless all
best,
Mehr.