+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Smearingo said:
hmm application for PR is not the same as application for a PR card. PR is a visa, an immigration document. PR card is like an identity card, like Quebec medical card or SAAQ driving license.
you get PR card after you obtain the PR status. I am not surprised if it takes 40 days to get it. Even the fast track PR program (say, the Canadian Experience Class) will take about 6 months from submission to final decision. For normal Quebec Skilled Workers (again regardless whether it is PEQ or not), 2 months after submission, one may not even get the acknowledgement of receipt (it may take up to 4 months for the CIC to simply open a file.)
Wow, I thought that the PR card was supposed to be the whole PR application thing!. I think in that case, after receiving a CSQ and submitting a PR document, it would take up from 6 months to a year to get the status if I am not mistaken !

I thought things are easier than that lol I was fooled

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
YoussefZaky said:
Wow, I thought that the PR card was supposed to be the whole PR application thing!. I think in that case, after receiving a CSQ and submitting a PR document, it would take up from 6 months to a year to get the status if I am not mistaken !

I thought things are easier than that lol I was fooled
For Quebec Skilled Workers , Federal PR is taking around 13 months.

Aloy603

Jun 14, 2016
Hi all,

Seeking advice from all the kind people around.

I'm going to turn 35 next year, Singaporean. I'm looking at several options. I currently have a secondary school certificate certified by Cambridge University and a diploma in Marketing & Mass Communications from a local private institution in collaboration with Oklahoma City University. My wife is 29, Taiwanese. Graduated from high school in Montreal and completed a degree back in Taiwan. Which of us will have higher chances of getting a student permit to take up courses that offers diplomas in technical institutions?

I've found several technical institutes in Montreal with programs that I'm interested in. Like Lester B Pearson which offers Computing Support, Interior Design, Installation and Repairing of Network & Telecommunication Equipment and Residential and Commercial Drafting. I'm just worried as I've recently came across several articles and websites saying these courses will no longer be considered under the PEQ program. Is there any truth in them, I don't want to be studying for a course only to find out it won't be applicable to apply for PEQ-CSQ halfway through. Besides Lester B Pearson, are there any other reputable institutions for technical studies that will lead to PEQ-CSQ? Or any other recommended courses to take?

My long term goal is to stay on in Canada and contribute in every way,, socially and economically.

Also, will my application for a student permit/CAQ be rejected due to my age? Should I apply from within Canada as I'm interested in taking a course in French or should I apply from where I am back in Singapore to have a lesser chance of my student permit being rejected?

Lastly, should I engage the services of an agent to help in my applications for student permit/CAQ/PEQ/CSQ/PR or would it be better to do everything on my own?

Thank you in advance to all who will advise..

joelthakkar

Star Member
Sep 29, 2014
Hi,

I am currently an international student in Canada. I recently visited Montreal and loved the city! Thus, I am planning for Quebec PEQ. Here are my questions :

1) My 3 year Post Graduate work permit is valid in quebec ?

2) I am currently in process of getting a job in Montreal which is NOC Skill Level A. If I work in the same job for 1 year in Montreal shall I qualify for PEQ - Work exp. category with priority processing ?

3) Although my job doesn't require me to have french ability but Quebec PEQ requires atleast B2 Level Oral French. I have found few govt approved colleges for B2 oral french course which is of 4-5 months. Can i take them while I am on Post Graduate work permit as long as the course is less than 6 months ? (I know that if the course is greater than 6 months, I need to have study permit)

4) Thus, 1 year exp + B2 level oral french from govt approved college is enough to be eligible for PEQ - Work exp category ? Anything else which I should know ?

5) If I am able to get CSQ after this, my work permit can be extended if it takes long time for federal PR , right ?

Thanks for any help!

vscotti

Aug 18, 2014
Hi

I received few days ago a message asking for more information and in the message was saying to upload the requested documents through webform (Case Specific Enquiry). I've sent the information on monday, but If I access to myaccount, I see the status "We need an additional document from the applicant" and there is a help button. If i click it, I can see a message saying that for this status is saying this:
""We need documents from you" means that we need additional document(s) to assess your work permit application. There will be a message in your account requesting the document(s). Please upload the document(s) in your document checklist so that we can continue to process your application."

This I confusing because first in the message is not saying nothing about this and second It is talking about work permit.
If I go to see the submitted application I see an upload button for each requested document.

I called CIC twice and one told me that if the message say webform this should be enough and the other didnt know about it but he recommend to send them with both.

Did someone had been requested to send more information? How do you sent it? Should i send it with both?

Regards
Victor

ekt1022

Jan 31, 2017
Hello, I am new to this thread but pretty far along in my federal PR application process (completed the medical exam Nov. 3 2016). I've confirmed that CIC received my medical results but have not received any further communication from them.

In the event that I am selected for an interview at the federal level, I understand that I can do it totally in English. I'm concerned, though, that if/when I go to "land" at the border in QC and officially claim my status, that an immigration officer might expect to communicate with me in French.

My writing/reading in French is fine, but I'm gravely out of practice with speaking--my proof of language proficiency that got me my CSQ was having passed advanced french courses at my university back in 2010. If I can't improve on my conversational french in time for landing at the border, is there a possibility that the immigration officer could deny my residency based on not meeting the language requirement? Or is the proof of language proficiency in the form of my CSQ enough no matter how bad I sound?

Obviously, I want to improve my french since I intend to settle in Montreal, but I have a job lined up with an English speaking employer so I don't have a real urgency to perfect it other than if interaction with an immigration officer requires it.

blogger100

Dec 3, 2012
Sao Paulo
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
20/10/2017 - PCC
AOR Received.
06/10/2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
13/10/2017
ekt1022 said:
Hello, I am new to this thread but pretty far along in my federal PR application process (completed the medical exam Nov. 3 2016). I've confirmed that CIC received my medical results but have not received any further communication from them.

In the event that I am selected for an interview at the federal level, I understand that I can do it totally in English. I'm concerned, though, that if/when I go to "land" at the border in QC and officially claim my status, that an immigration officer might expect to communicate with me in French.

My writing/reading in French is fine, but I'm gravely out of practice with speaking--my proof of language proficiency that got me my CSQ was having passed advanced french courses at my university back in 2010. If I can't improve on my conversational french in time for landing at the border, is there a possibility that the immigration officer could deny my residency based on not meeting the language requirement? Or is the proof of language proficiency in the form of my CSQ enough no matter how bad I sound?

Obviously, I want to improve my french since I intend to settle in Montreal, but I have a job lined up with an English speaking employer so I don't have a real urgency to perfect it other than if interaction with an immigration officer requires it.
I think it shouldnt be a problem at all your level of french at the time you land. As long as you have your landing papers I dont think the CBSA officer could revoke your PR based on your french speaking skills

vscotti

Aug 18, 2014
ekt1022 said:

Hello
Did you linked your application online through myCic? There you can see more details about your application. Not too much but at least is more.
I called cic few months ago asking same question and they told me that under QSW program they only care on security and health. They assume that language part is already managed by quebec government.
They can ask you to have an interview, but is not so common and it is if they see something strange.
I have sent my papers around 11 months ago and i still waiting for an answer.
Good luck.

alex996

Dec 25, 2016
Hi! Anyone applied for CSQ as a graduate? Did you wait until you received your diploma or did you just send your final transcript (AND some other document, like confirmation or letter)? Please let me know!!

mehrashtchi

Dec 17, 2013
Hi every one!

It is 18th month that I am waiting to hear from the federal office about my application. last month I called them and they said it is in security check level and no one know how much it will take!!!
Any other suggestion or help?
Thanks.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hi every one!

It is 18th month that I am waiting to hear from the federal office about my application. last month I called them and they said it is in security check level and no one know how much it will take!!!
Any other suggestion or help?
Thanks.
You can request GCMS or update from CSIS , if you are within Canada to understand at what stage of Screening your application stuck ?there is no guaranteed time frame for security clearance ...

Reactions: mehrashtchi

ILovMontreal

Star Member
Sep 13, 2017
I changed from QSW to PEQ when I had acquired my year of skilled work experience in Canada. You don't have to send them everything again. What you send them is this:

- The "Change to an application for a selection certificate" form - under 2) you mark the third box ("Other") and write "Change of programs from QSW to PEQ"
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/en/dcs/A-0520-MA-dyn.pdf

- The missing documents: work certificate from your employer proving your period of employment, 3 pay slips (the first, one in the middle and your latest)

I got my CSQ within a week after sending them this request. No need to send them a whole new application since they already have one of you.

Hello... did you have to pay for the CSQ again? I'm at the same situation but I don't want to pay the fee again.

Reactions: skye

kushsunny

Star Member
Mar 14, 2018
I need advice on AOT.... I did Bachelor of computer science and Engineering... then I did Master of Business Administration in Marketing ... I have 4+ years of work experience in Marketing...

Bachelor of computer science and Engineering falls under category A... Marketing falls under category B and Business Administration falls under category C... can you please tell me my AOT ? your quick response will be highly appreciated.

Feri12

Aug 9, 2018
Hi there. I applied for PEQ. After the interview I received a letter saying that I need to provide the "releve de note" of my French course as well as my "Permis du sejour". I sent my "relevés de note" and a copy of my "post graduate open work permit". Today I received a rejection letter saying that I did not supply all the missing document. hey mentioned that "permis de sejour" was not provided appropriately. I do not know what that means and what to do??