+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

jiayi29

Nov 9, 2015
Hi all, I am flying yo Quebec this Fall for my first term in McGill University. I need more information as I am not very familiar with this PEQ. I have enrolled in a master degree and will be graduating next year Dec or May 2018.

So my concern is, is this projecting timeline correct as below?

1. got accepted in a university in Quebec. for me I am going as a graduate student (and I am assuming that this make me eligible for PEQ?)
2. take and complete a B2 french class before graduating
3. 6 months before graduation apply for PEQ or CSQ?
4. got approved and move forward to apply for the federal and eventually wait for PR

is this sounds right? Or I missed something? I do not need to have a job offer for the CSQ correct since I graduated in quebec?

Thank you so much!!!

liquid_lin

May 3, 2016
Hi all,

I am a Quebec graduate, got a B2 french certificate. I applied for the CSQ around 3 weeks ago and still waiting for it. But I have a question regarding to the federal stage. I have already started working in another province (with my post-graduate work permit) for about a month, got a new SIN number, pay history and the like. I wonder if under this case, will I still get the CSQ?(since they do not ask for any work related documents or proofs, I only provided my Quebec address). And if I do get the CSQ, will it still be possible for me to get PR with the Quebec nomination? Or will they have officers specifically dealing with Quebec cases and eliminate whomever having a work history/current work outside of Quebec? Anyone had previous experience like this?

Thanks for your help!

thejkhan

Jun 5, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
liquid_lin said:
Hi all,

I am a Quebec graduate, got a B2 french certificate. I applied for the CSQ around 3 weeks ago and still waiting for it. But I have a question regarding to the federal stage. I have already started working in another province (with my post-graduate work permit) for about a month, got a new SIN number, pay history and the like. I wonder if under this case, will I still get the CSQ?(since they do not ask for any work related documents or proofs, I only provided my Quebec address). And if I do get the CSQ, will it still be possible for me to get PR with the Quebec nomination? Or will they have officers specifically dealing with Quebec cases and eliminate whomever having a work history/current work outside of Quebec? Anyone had previous experience like this?

Thanks for your help!
If you're outside outside Quebec but you're using a Quebec address on your file you are seriously misrepresenting yourself.

If you're living in another province you should have withdrawn your Quebec application because it appears you don't intend to live in Quebec at all, otherwise you wouldn't have left.

Aloy603

Jun 14, 2016
Hi all,

I'm new in the forum, would appreciate some help and advice.

My fiancée (28 this year, Taiwanese ) and I (34 this year Singaporean) are undecided on who should apply for a student permit with the intention of staying on in Montreal for the long term and finally getting the PEQ/CSQ and PR and then citizenship. We've read many websites and heard many stories about student visas getting rejected because of age restrictions, thus we've discussed over and over that it would be best for her to apply using an agency (which specializes in Chinese applications, so we are unsure if the documents required from us are the same as those who are from China)

The thing is, on this forum, I've been reading up and seen that many are applying for the PEQ/CSQ by themselves, should we go through this PEQ process using an agency or should we do it by ourselves?

My fiancée completed her high school in Montreal some years back, would it be plus points for her if she were to be the one who applied for the student permit while I apply for an open work permit?

The whole process of applying for PEQ seems very complicated and daunting, thus we thought of using the agency, but we would like to try it out for ourselves possible.

We would really appreciate any help/advice from anyone here.

Thank you in advance!

adas

Jun 22, 2016
Re: YOur PEQ experience might be useful for me.QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!

gmkhan16 said:
Dear Brother
My situation is that I just finished my 2-years Master's at USherbrooke (french uni). Now I am planning to apply for CSQ (PEQ)
So my question is :

Do you think being a graduate of a french university is sufficient to satisfy the language requirement, isn't that? What is your experience when you were in same situation? They asked for an interview?

Thanks in advance
Have you already applied for the CSQ(PEQ)? was getting degree from a french univ. sufficient for application?

mirko_81

May 20, 2015
Hi all,
I think I am close to the finish line :)

I can see "decision made" in the web page with my status - that is this way since more than 2 weeks now - shouldn't I receive a letter with the decision now?
How long did you wait?

Thanks!

publicg

Jun 22, 2016
Hi All,

I've tried to find the answer to my question on this forum but have had no luck thus far. My husband is a French citizen who has been working on a closed temporary work permit in Quebec for the past 2 years. I (an American) have a OWP under him. We got our CSQ's under PEQ and applied for permanent residence a month ago. However, my husband got offered a position in his company's headquarters in the U.S. yesterday. If we leave Canada while in processing for QSW based PR would that jeopardize our application for PR?

Thanks!

sidorovonline

May 10, 2016
Hi there!

My work permit expires in 1 month, and I need to extend it. I have a PEQ CSQ and already sent my application for permanent residence to CIC but have not received the number yet. According to this information on CIC website, I don't need CAQ and LMIA to extend existing work permit (sorry, I can't post links it's here: cic.gc.ca/english/work/quebec.asp ). But when I'm trying to apply online, the system asks if I have LMIA and if I answer No, it says that I cannot apply at this time. Does it mean I can't apply online? CIC says that if I send the paper application, the processing can take three months. I don't have this time. Do you know if it's possible to apply online without CAQ and LMIA? Do I do something wrong?

Thanks

vicky_nani

May 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
31/12/2015 AOR(CSQ): 17/02/2016 Intent to refuse:12/05/16 Document sent:07/07/16 Fed Application: Oct 4th
Nomination.....
CSQ:30/06/2016(accepted on 21/06/2016)
AOR Received.
27/01/2017
Med's Request
In order to extend your work permit you have to receive PR application number(AOR) and you also need to have CSQ and Employment offer letter.

You have to wait till you get AOR , i hope you will get before the expire of your current workpermit.
If not you have to find some other way to extend.

sidorovonline

May 10, 2016
In order to extend your work permit you have to receive PR application number(AOR)
Since when? I know that if I need Open Work Permit, I need that number.

I found a couple of references, according to this information.

1) Federal:
cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/quebec/renewal.asp
and
cic.gc.ca/english/work/quebec.asp

Quebec would like for some of the foreign nationals it has selected under its Programme régulier des travailleurs qualifiés (PRTQ) and its Programme de l’expérience québécoise (PEQ), who are holders of a valid work permit and who currently reside in the province of Quebec, to be able to have their work authorizations extended with their current employer or renewed with a new employer without having to obtain an LMIA.

The regulations concerning the International Mobility Program provide that when hiring LMIA-exempt foreign workers, employers must pay an employer compliance fee and submit an Offer of Employment to IRCC.

2) Provincial:
immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-peq/after-csq.html
Skilled workers who hold a Certificat de sélection du Québec and who reside in Québec do not have to obtain a new Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (Québec certificate of acceptance) before applying to prolong or renew their temporary work permit. The employer is therefore exempt from the responsibility of requesting a Labour Market Opinion (LMO).
I'm Labour Market Impact Assessment-exempt. And my employer already received the numéro de l’offre from ESDC. I don't have doubts that I'm eligible to extend my work permit. It's also written in the cover letter of my CSQ. And form IMM5710 allows it. The only question, how to apply online?

There is a curious question in the questionnaire, "Which situation best describes your current situation" if I answer "Provincial Nominee Program Certificate Holder," it redirects me to the link to apply for a work permit extension online. However, the Quebec Skilled Worker Program is technically not a PNP. And it requires both Provincial Nominee Program Certificate and CSQ. The Provincial Nominee Program Certificate doesn't exist for Quebec, and no one can provide it.

So my answer to this question regarding my current situation should be "Other", in which case I am not given the possibility to submit an online application.

Did anyone extend the Work Permit with the CSQ?

vicky_nani

May 14, 2014
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
31/12/2015 AOR(CSQ): 17/02/2016 Intent to refuse:12/05/16 Document sent:07/07/16 Fed Application: Oct 4th
Nomination.....
CSQ:30/06/2016(accepted on 21/06/2016)
AOR Received.
27/01/2017
Med's Request
I am not an expert , just sharing my opinion/ knowledge.

But for sure you need following document:
proof of payment of the application fees for permanent residence(i hope you do have this) or acknowledgment of receipt

and coming to application questionnaire
Probably you need to choose PNP, you are right it doesnt come under PNP but it should also not request for CSQ.
So, in our/your case we may have to select PNP and upload CSQ.

Small question:(my employer already received the numéro de l’offre from ESDC) do you know how to receive or pay this fee? i may need this information.

sidorovonline

May 10, 2016
Thank you for help,

Yes, I have a proof of payment the application fees for PR. But who I should provide it to? In which step?

If I select PNP, there are "Letter of Support from Province or Territory" and "Provincial Nominee Program Certificate (PNC)" in the Supporting Documents list. I don't have them because Provincial Nominee Program doesn't exist in Quebec. Additionally, there is the CSQ in the list. What should I upload instead of PNC and the letter?

Regarding, that fee, when the Employer registers the Offer of employment in the Employer Portal with form IMM5802, he should be asked to pay the fees.

canada201417

Star Member
Jun 25, 2014
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I have done my MSc (3 years of BSc and 2 Years of MSc = total 5 years) from Sardar Patel university, Gujarat, India, how many points has been given to senior from same university ? 12 or 10 ? your reply will help me to move further…

Jul 4, 2016
Hey guys and fellow experts! :) I hope you're all doing well.

I'm from the United States and I've been in Quebec (Montreal) for over 2 years now on a "Visitor Visa" (each 6 months I was applying to stay another 6 month with my boyfriend). The first year was great, but the second year we've dealt with a lot of struggles. My boyfriend is losing hope and he's been dealing with a lot with his family and his mother currently fighting for her life. We love each other, We're planing on getting married, but not under these circumstances, we don't really want to use the marriage card as a tool for me to get a free pass here in Canada.

For other reasons he's not eligible to sponsor me (he lost his job a few months ago...like I've mentioned he's been through a lot within a year).

I can fully support myself, but I want to be a resident permanent and I just don't know what to do.

I got a business online, I only speak English and I won't mind studying or work here if that's what it takes.

I have a medical background, but finding a job in the medical field when you only speak English, let's say that it's quite a pain in the ass.

I just don't know who to contact, who to trust, where to start and what I should do - I'm overwhelmed, stressed and lost. I'm crying at nights praying for someone to help me out.

Please PM me or reply to me here if you have any ideas or solutions.

I'm not special, and I know a lot of people here are looking for answers. I will be so grateful if someone could at least give me some hope. I love this country, I love my boyfriend & his family - I don't want to lose them.

Thanks in advance for your answers.