+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!!

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
To all,

This thread is strictly for Quebec Selected Skilled Worker (QSW) - PEQ category. Although any input from regular categories under QSW is appreciated. ;D

Let's share experience of those:

1. Who has already applied for Quebec under PEQ category? Now in the Federal Stage after obtaining CSQ

2. Who is planning to apply for Quebec under PEQ category?

I hope that I and many others could share timeline so that we better understand where we are in our process.

Topics include but are not limited to:

1. QSW-PEQ-Timeline share/Correspondences with CIC/CSQ

2. Criminal Check/Background Check/FBI Clearance

3. French language/TEFAQ/TEF

4. Appeal for a negative decision/Residency obligation appeal

5. Work Permit/Temporary Resident Visa

6. Citizenship

7. Life in Quebec/Montreal

The processing time seems to be slowed down as Ottawa visa office is going through transition after buffalo's closure. I will update more info as I talk with the lawyer and my friends in the same boat. I wish this post gets very active by your support! Thank you!! :D

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Here is my timeline share ;):

1st Quebec stage:

Category........: QSW, PEQ
App. Delivered.: 2012.11.30 Quebec, Montreal
App. Filed.......: 2012.12.07 Quebec, Montreal
CSQ Issued.....: 2012.12.19 Quebec, Montreal
CSQ Received..: 2012.12.24 Quebec, Montreal

2nd Federal stage:

Visa Office......: CPP-Ottawa
App. Delivered.: 2013.03.25 Federal, Sydney
App. Filed.......:

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
To obtain the CSQ for Quebec stage is fairly quick, in my case, less than 15 business days! :D (from delivery to delivery)

But time varies once the application reaches Federal stage...let's share experience so we can have a better idea!!

Thanks! ;D

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
As of January 16, 2013, the last quarterly update processing times apply to the federal stage for QSW in CPP-Ottaw is 12 months (The times are based on how long it took to process 80 percent of all cases in the year 2012, between Jan. 1, 2012 and Dec. 31, 2012.)

However, as of October 24, 2012, the average processing time in CPP-O is only 9 months (based on all cases between Oct. 1, 2011 and Sep. 30, 2012), which means, the average processing time is clearly delayed for 3 months, probably due to the Buffalo to Ottawa Transferred Cases. With the closure of the Buffalo visa office in May 2012, all PR applications from Buffalo and all new PR processing were transferred to the Case Processing Pilot – Ottawa (CPP-O).

Anyone submit application to visa office in Hong Kong? Because there is much faster. ;)

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
more timeline to share: FBI clearance

2nd Federal stage:

Visa Office.............: CPP-Ottawa
State Delivery........: 2013.01.16, USA, Lansing
State Clearance Rev: 2013.01.28, QC, Montreal
FBI Delivery............: 2013.01.15 USA, Clarksburg
FBI Clearance Rev...: 2013.02.19, QC, Montreal
App. Delivered........: 2013.03.25 Federal, Sydney
App. Filed..............: waiting... ;)

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
So in this case, the FBI criminal check took one month (from delivery to delivery). The state criminal check took less than two weeks (from delivery to delivery).

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Seems not too many members here applied through PEQ program, but actually this is really a fast track and simplified program. ;)

Firstly the issuance of CSQ could be super fast, less than 20 days; Secondly the selection is NOT point based, and no requirement for the spouse.

Processing time for PEQ

An application deemed complete under the PEQ – Québec experience program will receive a priority treatment of 20 days or less.

Selection process

Unlike the regular selection process for skilled workers, the PEQ is NOT point based! Therefore, there is no points, nor a threshold for issuing a CSQ.

Same principle applies to your spouse or de facto spouse, they will NOT evaluated based on point system, there is no selection requirement from their side.
On the other hand, your spouse or de facto spouse included in your application, if any, has no selection requirement to satisfy.

human_forever

Feb 5, 2009
Friends,

Can you please help me . I wanted to know about quartiers in montreal. which place is best to live

I know two quartiers "Anjou pointe-aux-trembles" and "saint laurent" quartier. Which one is best. Can you suggest any other quartier also.

Thank you!

alex_peq

Mar 28, 2013
Hey fellow friends,
I am actually thinking of withdrawing from my mum's immigration file and apply for myself inland Canada as PEQ Quebec.
she has applied as an investor, but her application is being processed in Turkey, and based on the processing timeline, we have got 23 more month to go ( IF THEY PROCESS IT ON TIME !)
I am currently an International student graduating from McGill, in Montreal, and I want to apply as a Quebec graduate. its been to my understanding that they process your CSQ within 20 days, and your PR application would take only 12 month processed in Ottawa.

the two facts that concern me are :
- should I withdraw from my mum application? or can I apply as PEQ for another CSQ and PR applicant and have them both being processed on the same time?
- I want to start a second undergraduate, but as a PEQ applicant you cant study untill you get your PR. in my situation, my CAQ and study permits are valid till August 2014, which means I have another 16 month to study. so I thought I can keep studying with my same study permit without declaring it, and in 12 month I would have got my PR and already half way through my second undergrad degree. has anyone done that ? are they gonna find out ? if they find out does anyone know what would happen ?

Thanks

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
PEQ Timeline:
Applied for CSQ: August 3, 2012
Received CSQ: September 15, 2012 (Edited to show 2012)
Applied for QSW: February 24, 2013
Received Acknowledgement: Apr 9, 2013

Quick Question. I just received this email from a Service Delivery Clerk at Citizenship & Immigration.

"Dear XXX:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Quebec Skilled Worker Category.
Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."

Does anyone have idea how long it normally takes from receipt of this email to further contact from the visa office?

I am assuming that the visa office is the one that will send me the request for a medical exam?

Thanks.

QC_PEQ_Montreal

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Hi Keden, looks like it took 44 days for you to get the first correspondence (from Sydney? I guess).

You will get further contact from from CPP-O soon, for how long I will introduce my friend to answer your question. He is 3 months ahead of you. :)

Keden said:
PEQ Timeline:
Applied for CSQ: August 3, 2012
Received CSQ: September 15, 2013
Applied for QSW: February 24, 2013
Received Acknowledgement: Apr 9, 2013

Quick Question. I just received this email from a Service Delivery Clerk at Citizenship & Immigration.

"Dear XXX:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Quebec Skilled Worker Category.
Upon review of the information you have provided, your application is considered complete based upon the requirements of the Instructions and Regulation 10 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA). Your application will be forwarded to a visa office for further processing."

Does anyone have idea how long it normally takes from receipt of this email to further contact from the visa office?

I am assuming that the visa office is the one that will send me the request for a medical exam?

Thanks.

Keden

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
Montreal, QC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 24, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 9, 2013
Med's Request
Apr 15, 2013
Med's Done....
Apr 18, 2013
Passport Req..
Feb 27, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 27, 2014
LANDED..........
May 20, 2014
Hi QC_PEQ_Montreal,

Thanks for the prompt response. Yes, the email came from Sydney Novia Scotia. It was a nervous 44 days! :p

Cheers.

Apr 10, 2013
Here is my timeline share : :D :D :D :D :D :D

1st Quebec stage:

Category........: QSW, PEQ
App. Filed.......: 2012.9 Quebec, Montreal
CSQ Issued.....: 2012.11 Quebec, Montreal (The docs were returned twice, one is because of the form of the check,the other is because of the certificate of graduation,which needs to be signed by the registration office.)

2nd Federal stage:

Visa Office......: CPP-Ottawa
App. Delivered: 2012.12 Federal, Sydney
App. Received: 2013.2
Physical examination notification 2013.3
Processing:...