Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
liquid_lin said:
Hi all,

I am a Quebec graduate, got a B2 french certificate. I applied for the CSQ around 3 weeks ago and still waiting for it. But I have a question regarding to the federal stage. I have already started working in another province (with my post-graduate work permit) for about a month, got a new SIN number, pay history and the like. I wonder if under this case, will I still get the CSQ?(since they do not ask for any work related documents or proofs, I only provided my Quebec address). And if I do get the CSQ, will it still be possible for me to get PR with the Quebec nomination? Or will they have officers specifically dealing with Quebec cases and eliminate whomever having a work history/current work outside of Quebec? Anyone had previous experience like this?

Thanks for your help!
I don't think being in another province is relevant to the federal stage. The only relevant things I see in the Guide des procédures d'immigration are these:

(p. 16) Le candidat est libre de transmettre sa demande à partir du Québec, s’il se trouve
légalement au Québec au moment de la présentation de sa demande, ou à partir de
l’étranger.
and

(p. 17) En déposant une demande dans la catégorie
des travailleurs qualifiés, le candidat doit avoir l’intention de s’établir au Québec
pour y occuper un emploi qu’il est vraisemblablement en mesure d’occuper.
http://www.midi.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/gpi-npi/composantes_3/gpi-3-4.pdf

So you must intend to work in Quebec once you get PR. That doesn't mean that you have to apply from Quebec. The part above says that you can apply from Quebec or from abroad. It doesn't make it clear whether you can apply from another Canadian province. Certainly, there is nothing there about where you must live between the time you apply and when you are approved for PR.

frege

Jun 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2012
AOR Received.
none
File Transfer...
01-08-2012
Med's Done....
02-12-2011
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Aloy603 said:
Hi all,

I'm new in the forum, would appreciate some help and advice.

My fiancée (28 this year, Taiwanese ) and I (34 this year Singaporean) are undecided on who should apply for a student permit with the intention of staying on in Montreal for the long term and finally getting the PEQ/CSQ and PR and then citizenship. We've read many websites and heard many stories about student visas getting rejected because of age restrictions, thus we've discussed over and over that it would be best for her to apply using an agency (which specializes in Chinese applications, so we are unsure if the documents required from us are the same as those who are from China)

The thing is, on this forum, I've been reading up and seen that many are applying for the PEQ/CSQ by themselves, should we go through this PEQ process using an agency or should we do it by ourselves?

My fiancée completed her high school in Montreal some years back, would it be plus points for her if she were to be the one who applied for the student permit while I apply for an open work permit?

The whole process of applying for PEQ seems very complicated and daunting, thus we thought of using the agency, but we would like to try it out for ourselves possible.

We would really appreciate any help/advice from anyone here.

Thank you in advance!
Hello Aloy,

The main difficulty in getting a study permit is convincing the federal government that your purpose in studying is not *only* to immigrate to Canada. This kind of thing is questioned mainly when someone who already has a university degree applies for a lower-level program. If the program you apply to seems like something you'd realistically want to do in life, not only for the purpose of immigrating, then that will probably be okay. (The fact that you also want to become a PR is perfectly permissible.)

That being said, my impression is that once you have your study permit, you are permitted to switch programs. So you can apply for a study permit for a bachelor's degree and then switch to a technical DEC or a DEP if you want. In that case, make sure you have your "évaluation comparative des études" ready in advance, in your case. (In your fiancée's case, her Quebec high school diploma means she wouldn't need an évaluation comparative to apply for a DEC or a DEP. The only question would be if she was somehow applying for advanced standing in the program.)

If you already have a university degree (or part of one), then some universities will give you advance credit. For example, if you already have a bachelor's, then Concordia will give you 30 general credits. So you can complete a bachelor's degree in just four terms.

Having done your high school in Quebec is not a plus in the PEQ, except if it was done in French. In that case, it can be used in lieu of a French test or course.

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2016 (received on 06-01-2016)
Doc's Request.
21-07-2016 (RPRF and PCC from Hong Kong)
Nomination.....
CSQ-PEQ-étudiant, issued: 23-12-2015, received: 30-12-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
04-07-2016 (submitted 13-07-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
Hi

Lemme share my experience first: I defended my dissertation on November 23 last year. Then, I arranged to get the proof that I completed all degree requirements a couple of days afterward. I got my PGWP that week, and then applied for the CSQ (PEQ-étudiants) almost around the same time (on November 30).
I got my CSQ in the mail on Dec 30 (slightly delayed due to holidays I believe).

I also arranged to apply for the PR to the CIC office in Sydney, NS.

Now, everything seems to be alright -- I just got through the medical exam, and status shows that results were received.

But then I look at my CSQ just now. I have a question:
In#9, "Categorie" it says
IY PEQ Étudiants

then #12 "Classification national des professions" is the normal
9914 Nouveau Travailleur
[blank] on "Classification type des industries"

But what troubles me a bit is the item "Année" also in #12 (somewhere between "Classification national des professions" and "classification type des industries"
On mine, below the word "Année", it says "2006" -- but I have no idea how this figure relates to my file....

I also tried to google images of CSQ under PEQ-étudiants programme. it seems in the past, they don't have this "Année" item. And I could not locate any example that shows a figure under "Année" (one image that I found on the internet has this info blurred.)

what does it mean exactly? I hope it's all correct (it will be rare and quite surprising that they made a mistake on an important document like CSQ...)

MauValmont

Jul 18, 2016
boharj said:
I thought it would take 21 days as stated in the website.
It says 20 days or less. It's already been one month and I haven't received anything from them. I know that they've seen my file because they withdrew the $773 CAD from my account on July 7th but that's all I know.

naviddd

Jul 23, 2016
Re: YOur PEQ experience might be useful for me.QUEBEC PEQ LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE!

adas said:
Have you already applied for the CSQ(PEQ)? was getting degree from a french univ. sufficient for application?
No! unfortunately if you're thesis has been written in a language other than French you'll need to take one of the needed French test to proof your French language proficiency.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hello All -

I applied through MON project and received document checklist from MIDI few days back. I am from India and currently working in USA.

Appreciate if someone can answer below questions.

Q1. I do not have birth certificate from my Home Country's ( India) Civic Hospital / Municipality. My entire life I have used Passport and my High School Mark sheet as proof of Date of Birth. Is their any alternative for me besides getting certificate from Indian Civic Hospital/Municipality? I checked on New York - USA consulate website and they only provide a letter that just says that DOB as per Passport is XX-YY-ZZZZ. Most of the times this letter is useless.

Q2. My Bachelors degree ( plus few other documents) have text in Hindi ( One of the Indian languages) and as per MIDI , I need to get every document with non-English and non-French text translated. So far I have been unable to find a recognized translator in USA tri-state area that can translate documents from Hindi to English. Any suggestions?

Q3. How are you guys preparing "Certified True Copy" of Educational Documents. As per MIDI , only following can certify educational documents:
a) Document Issuer - My Indian University is very hard to reach out to.
b) Notary from India - Notary from India are available only in India and I am in USA.
c) Indian Consulate - Indian consulate in NY won't certify documents issued in India.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

TiMMMY

Jun 29, 2016
Manila, Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Guys,

Please help me.
I'm a Nurse = 12 pts AOT
Education = 10 pts
Work experience = 0 or 8?

I worked as a Bank teller and Customer Service Representative – New Accounts for the past 5 years.
My questions are do I get points even if my work experience is not related to my profession, and Do Quebec give points in volunteer nurse work experience.

Thank you and hope you can help me.
God speed!

mike_can

Sep 7, 2016
Hi All.

I already received the CSQ and sent all the documents to apply for the residence. I'm currently living in Quebec city. So, I'm wondering if I'll receive a job offer during the next days to move to another city like Montreal and I'll accept, later I'll have problems to receive the residence. What do you think about that?

I mentioned during the CSQ and first months of Residence process that I intend to live in Quebec City.

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
I have a question, if I apply for CSQ PEQ Graduate 6 months before my graduation, will I get it in 20 days from the date I applied or no matter when, I will only get my CSQ when I am graduated ?

And How long does it take then to get a PR ? 2 months as stated on cic gate or more ? Because I have heard that people get it in a year or so..

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
05-01-2017 (photocopy of passport pages [visa-exempt country] + 2 recent photos); documents sent: 05-01-2017, delivered: unknown (always "out for delivery" since 09-01-2017)
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Exempt Country, CoPR issued: 16-01-2017, GC-key/MyCIC account finalized: 19-01-2017, return envelope activated: 20-01-2017; CoPR received: 23-01-2017
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
YoussefZaky said:
I have a question, if I apply for CSQ PEQ Graduate 6 months before my graduation, will I get it in 20 days from the date I applied or no matter when, I will only get my CSQ when I am graduated ?

And How long does it take then to get a PR ? 2 months as stated on cic gate or more ? Because I have heard that people get it in a year or so..
I think one of the requirements for CSQ is that you have graduated from a Quebec institution. You will need a proof of completion of degree from the institution before they can approve your application and issue you the CSQ. So, the answer to your first question is: as soon as you update with them the proof of the completion of the study program, you should get the CSQ almost right away if your file has been sitting in their office months before you graduate. But there is a risk: if the proof arrives more than 6 months after you applied, I have heard that the immigration office would refuse your application because it is not supported with sufficient document. And in that case, the applicant will not be able to apply for CSQ via PEQ anymore but will be invited to apply via regular and much slower path. (And no application fee will be needed for reapplying via regular path in that way.)

After CSQ, whether or not it is through PEQ, the normal processing time is the same. We are all under the category of Quebec Skilled Workers. Currently the CIC website states that it will take 13 months processing time from the moment the application is submitted. Where did you get the information about "2 months as stated on CIC gate"? what is CIC gate by the way?

Keyjoe23

Jul 31, 2015
Smearingo said:
I think one of the requirements for CSQ is that you have graduated from a Quebec institution. You will need a proof of completion of degree from the institution before they can approve your application and issue you the CSQ. So, the answer to your first question is: as soon as you update with them the proof of the completion of the study program, you should get the CSQ almost right away if your file has been sitting in their office months before you graduate. But there is a risk: if the proof arrives more than 6 months after you applied, I have heard that the immigration office would refuse your application because it is not supported with sufficient document. And in that case, the applicant will not be able to apply for CSQ via PEQ anymore but will be invited to apply via regular and much slower path. (And no application fee will be needed for reapplying via regular path in that way.)

After CSQ, whether or not it is through PEQ, the normal processing time is the same. We are all under the category of Quebec Skilled Workers. Currently the CIC website states that it will take 13 months processing time from the moment the application is submitted. Where did you get the information about "2 months as stated on CIC gate"? what is CIC gate by the way?
Thank you for your answer, I think it's better to wait 2 months before graduation to apply for CSQ.

And check processing times on their website, it's stating that New PR Cards takes 41 days .. I don't know if that's correct or no because many people receive it after couple of months

Smearingo

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS / Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
17-03-2016
Med's Request
30-06-2016
Med's Done....
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
24-01-2017
YoussefZaky said:
Thank you for your answer, I think it's better to wait 2 months before graduation to apply for CSQ.

And check processing times on their website, it's stating that New PR Cards takes 41 days .. I don't know if that's correct or no because many people receive it after couple of months
hmm application for PR is not the same as application for a PR card. PR is a visa, an immigration document. PR card is like an identity card, like Quebec medical card or SAAQ driving license.
you get PR card after you obtain the PR status. I am not surprised if it takes 40 days to get it. Even the fast track PR program (say, the Canadian Experience Class) will take about 6 months from submission to final decision. For normal Quebec Skilled Workers (again regardless whether it is PEQ or not), 2 months after submission, one may not even get the acknowledgement of receipt (it may take up to 4 months for the CIC to simply open a file.)