BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
Entering the worry zone !

hmm, its been 57 days - 1 month and 27 days since i submitted my application and havent received my AoR. I'm beginning to worry now.

Anyone who submitted docs to HK around Apr 20 ?

vicky4frendz

Star Member
Jun 15, 2011
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/10/2011
AOR Received.
3/12/2011
IELTS Request
Submited afterwards
Interview........
Waiting :(
Dear MK Shah / Other frends

I have done B.Sc in Chemistry & having the work exp. of 4+ years in Quality department. I have got engaged & my fiancé is doing MBA in Marketing.

I am planning to file PR application for Quebec. I have following doubts.

(1) I have come to know that from Jan-2011 onwards the visa interview is going to be held in English language only instead of French is it true?

(2) Do I need to go for French language classes ? If yes than which level exam should i clear A1/A2/ B1/B2 ?

(3) Can i file my PR application before passing the French exam & just showing that i have joined the classes & very soon i am going to pass the exam of the same.

(4) Do i need to go for IELTS ?

(5) If i join any consultancy, than does it indicate that i am not competent enough to file my PR application by my own & will is create any negative impression in mind of immigration officer ?

Thanks to all & Regards
Vikas Patel

abdul999

Jun 16, 2011
HI

any body here please let me know how many points i would get for education in Quebec skilled worker program.
I have done 2 year Bachelor in arts after that i did 2 years masters in computer science.
My total education is 16 years from university. 2 years in Arts and 2 years in Computer science.

please any body let me know how much points should i claim on Quebec Immigration site

thanks

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear All,

Why do you worry about "calculating" your points, while Quebec official immigration website provides you with a simple assessment tool to assess your chance?!!!!!!

The very first thing to do if you plan for an immigration project to Quebec, is to assess youself using that tool.

Of course if you answered all the question honestly, you will get the precise judgement to your case.

Good luck.

caribgrl55

Star Member
Aug 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I suppose calculating points is some sort of comfort to many applicants seeing that the site does not breakdown its assessment. It just tells you if it is positive or not. Throughout this thread, there was discussion about if a single or married applicant has a certain amount of points, their interview may be waived, and how many points one needs to pass stage 1, stage 2 etc. So this is what makes people want to know their exact points. It's a way of reducing their anxiety. I was the exact same way, obsessing about my 'points'

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
vicky4frendz said:
Dear MK Shah / Other frends

I have done B.Sc in Chemistry & having the work exp. of 4+ years in Quality department. I have got engaged & my fiancé is doing MBA in Marketing.

I am planning to file PR application for Quebec. I have following doubts.

(1) I have come to know that from Jan-2011 onwards the visa interview is going to be held in English language only instead of French is it true? No, I don't think so. I just had the interview and it was all in French. Where did you hear that? That would be really unlikely.

(2) Do I need to go for French language classes ? If yes than which level exam should i clear A1/A2/ B1/B2 ? Yes, you should go for classes if you are not already a fluent French speaker. Your French level will give you points and you will have to pass the interview in French. In terms of the level, it depends on how much French you already know. If the answer is none, then go for A1.

(3) Can i file my PR application before passing the French exam & just showing that i have joined the classes & very soon i am going to pass the exam of the same.Yea, you can. Then once you have the exam results, send it to them. It's probably faster if you do the exam first and then send everything together, but if you don't want to wait, you can go ahead.

(4) Do i need to go for IELTS ? You don't need to, but if you claim English proficiency you have to prove it in some way, i.e. letter from employer stating work is in English, university transcripts, etc..

(5) If i join any consultancy, than does it indicate that i am not competent enough to file my PR application by my own & will is create any negative impression in mind of immigration officer ? No, I don't think there's any problem at all. It won't help you, either. It's just a matter of having someone do some of the work for you...although, if you want my advice, I really don't think it's necessary.

Thanks to all & Regards
Vikas Patel

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
STILLHOPE said:
BIG BIG Conguratulation marylatt :) :) :) :) :)

Thanks for sharing your valuable information with us.
Good luck for your federal, as per my feeling I don't think so it will take 1year for your federal part..
If possible how was your French level ( I know this is sily question may be u told us so many times.)
Thanks
Thanks, still hope! Just saw this question.

I claimed level 7 out of the 12 on the application, for both oral and listening. Then I did the TEF, and I got C1 for Listening (which is like 9-10 on the SLC scale), and B2 on the Oral part (which is right around 7 on the SLC). He said my TEF grades were higher than what I had claimed, so I guess he gave me more points for that. I'm really glad I took the TEF, because I was so nervous during the interview that my French abilities went out the window! Luckily, I had the TEF to back me up.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phew!!!, and it landed gently in my inbox, what can this b from Accra Again :eek:. is it one of their usually general non specific responseS :-\?
but atlast i was wrong..... ;D
oh my God :eek:..... its my long awaited MEDICAL REQUEST
i had thought i would not rejoice if i eventually get my MR bcos i had expected it FOR SO LONG THAT I GAVE UP. BUT I WAS SUPRISED WHEN I SAW MYSELF JUMPING $ SHOUTING FOR JOY ;D

learning point.
i ordered my CAIPs note 10days ago 2ru 2ru a third-party to CHC Hqtrs in Ottawa that my file details been made known to me 2ru their Hqtrs cos i believe my file is being overdelayed. and just 2days ago i was told my request had gotten to accra and in just 2days i was restored even though i am yet to get the Caips note. the logic is this if the Caips( computer printout) is issued and it was discovered that my file was abandoned Heads may roll at the office. hence i guess that is d reason for this good news. so when i the CAips is finally issued, it ll b reflected that my case is almost finalized. so the learning point is that i ought to have asked for my CAIPs long b4 now just for a fee of $40. so if ur file is getting too lon in the federal stage, just do one thing....... order ur CAIPs Note
thank you all for ur concern during this long wait that seems like eternity.....

abehola

Star Member
Jan 11, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Federal App: 25-08-2011
Nomination.....
08-06-2011 (CSQ Certificate)
AOR Received.
05-01-2012
Med's Request
28-02-2012
Med's Done....
27-03-2012
egrace62 said:
phew!!!, and it landed gently in my inbox, what can this b from Accra Again :eek:. is it one of their usually general non specific responseS :-\?
i had thought i would not rejoice if i eventually get my MR bcos i had expected it FOR SO LONG THAT I GAVE UP. BUT I WAS SUPRISED WHEN I SAW MYSELF JUMPING $ SHOUTING FOR JOY ;D

learning point.
i ordered my CAIPs note 10days ago 2ru 2ru a third-party to CHC Hqtrs in Ottawa that my file details been made known to me 2ru their Hqtrs cos i believe my file is being overdelayed. and just 2days ago i was told my request had gotten to accra and in just 2days i was restored even though i am yet to get the Caips note. the logic is this if the Caips( computer printout) is issued and it was discovered that my file was abandoned Heads may roll at the office. hence i guess that is d reason for this good news. so when i the CAips is finally issued, it ll b reflected that my case is almost finalized. so the learning point is that i ought to have asked for my CAIPs long b4 now just for a fee of $40. so if ur file is getting too lon in the federal stage, just do one thing....... order ur CAIPs Note
thank you all for ur concern during this long wait that seems like eternity.....
Just to say 1 thing!
C O N G R A T U L T I O N S................
I guess I need not delay in sending my Federal application now, lets pray this time next month all would have been finalized.
Felicitation mon a mi.

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
egrace62 said:

learning point.

CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!

FIIRM

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
@ FIIRm, thanks. hope ur document gathering is still on going.... awiating urs too bro

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
egrace62 said:

learning point.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just from 2 days we were all praying for this..

F E L I C I T A T I O N S (French)
C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S (English)
M A B R O U K (Arabic)

:) :) :) wish u the best of luckkkkk :) :) :)

carro

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Jamaica
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 7, 2011
Doc's Request.
January 18, 2013
AOR Received.
April 18, 2011
Interview........
CSQ received November 12, 2013
Egrace62

Congratulations on your MR.

Shahi

Champion Member
Oct 17, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-04-2010
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
15-02-2011 CSQ
AOR Received.
25-05-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Initial Application
File Transfer...
25-02-2011
Med's Request
13-03-2011
Med's Done....
14-03-2011
Interview........
NR
Passport Req..
13-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
08-04-2011
LANDED..........
30-05-2011
e grace congrats dude for the Med Req!!

SHahi

peso

Star Member
Aug 30, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Egrace62

congrats , hope the way will be smooth now, but i need ur help. i will pm you.