J'sais pas!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-04-2011 + 10-06-2011
@egypt2011,
On a general note, I'd say email is not an option. However, it depends on your local BIQ office. BIQ Paris stated clearly to me via letter that 'they do NOT respond to queries by email or phone call' and so it has to be the good ol' postal service.

It might be different for your local BIQ, I'd suggest you ask members that have submitted within your region. Alternatively, you could make use of your office address or a contact's mailing address that you could rely on as a secure correspondence address.
As I would be moving soon, that's what I intend to do.

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Dear All,

Please help confirm my point before i send the form to BIQ,

MSc in Corporate Risk Management 2008 (Finance), BSc in Accounting = 12 + 6
Work Experinece - Banking, Accountant (6 years) = 8
Age - (31) = 16
English - Taught in english = 6
French - None (my spouse just register with a sch for certificate course and i will do self training)
Spouse++
Master - International Diplomacy (2006), BSc Public Admin = 0
Age - 31 = 3
Experience - Admin = 3 years = 3
2 kids = 8
Financial = yes =1

Total = 63

Thanks
Fiirm

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ 2future & quebec2011, B fd: is short for bring Forwad Date. D Bfd of an applicant indicate when nxt an officer ll open such applicant case file. They adopt this mthd to ensure dat an officer is able to treat several applicatn at d same time. @ 2future, Ur nxt Bfd ll b either 60days / 90days starting 4rm d date ur PERM 115 ( Letter of missing document) was issued as indicatd by d date on d letter and nt actually d date u r'civd d letter. D letter u were sent ll normally contain a timeframe within which u are expectd to rply. D expiratn date of this timeframe is ur nxt B'fd. Right now ur file is in a state of SUSPENce cos d officer needs those docs for to b able to make a decisn either to allow u to d nxt stage or not. Hence another file takes up ur spot .and when u eventually reply & a decisn taken,u cannot b restord to ur formal spot on d queue. New stage new queue. its like a continuos chain. Those with complete initial applicatn moves faster than those who need to update their file. This holds for everyone.

2future

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
o3.o3.2011
AOR Received.
18.o3.2011
quebec2011 said:
2future!

Normally yes this delays a little bit the process of getting the CSQ, that's why they are asking the applicants to send their complete documents when they are filling their application in order to avoid any delay.

Quebec 2011, I think I'll do what you suggested earlier and wait. Thanks for the response and the link,though . :-* Let's keep our fingers crossed. I hope you'll hear from them soon.All the best.
Thanks.

STILLHOPE

Champion Member
Feb 2, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
PARIS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18/12/2010
Doc's Request.
not yet
Nomination.....
CSQ RECEIVED ON 18-08-2011
AOR Received.
11/04/2011
File Transfer...
20/10/2011
Med's Request
07/11/2011
Med's Done....
Nov 2011
Interview........
18- 08-2011
Passport Req..
14th feb ( Valentines day )
VISA ISSUED...
feb 2012
LANDED..........
landing 10th june in montreal
hello firim

fiirm said:
Dear All,

Please help confirm my point before i send the form to BIQ,

MSc in Corporate Risk Management 2008 (Finance), BSc in Accounting = 12 + 6
Work Experinece - Banking, Accountant (6 years) = 8
Age - (31) = 16
English - Taught in english = 6
French - None (my spouse just register with a sch for certificate course and i will do self training)
Spouse++
Master - International Diplomacy (2006), BSc Public Admin = 03 points for master if she did within 5 years
Age - 31 = 3
Experience - Admin = 3 years = 30 points for exp
2 kids = 8
Financial = yes =1

Total = 63

Thanks
Fiirm

2future

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
o3.o3.2011
AOR Received.
18.o3.2011

egrace62 said:
@ 2future & quebec2011, B fd: is short for bring Forwad Date. D Bfd of an applicant indicate when nxt an officer ll open such applicant case file. They adopt this mthd to ensure dat an officer is able to treat several applicatn at d same time. @ 2future, Ur nxt Bfd ll b either 60days / 90days starting 4rm d date ur PERM 115 ( Letter of missing document) was issued as indicatd by d date on d letter and nt actually d date u r'civd d letter. D letter u were sent ll normally contain a timeframe within which u are expectd to rply. D expiratn date of this timeframe is ur nxt B'fd. Right now ur file is in a state of SUSPENce cos d officer needs those docs for to b able to make a decisn either to allow u to d nxt stage or not. Hence another file takes up ur spot .and when u eventually reply & a decisn taken,u cannot b restord to ur formal spot on d queue. New stage new queue. its like a continuos chain. Those with complete initial applicatn moves faster than those who need to update their file. This holds for everyone.
Thanks for the detailed reply, egrace62. This means that 60 days are now added to my waiting :(. I still have a copy of my original application and NONE of the docs were missing :eek: But that's the way things are. Thanks once again for the clarification. One more question, what if my profession is not among the list of preferred ones? What are my chances of acceptance?
Thanks

fiirm

Star Member
May 13, 2011
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris/Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
STILLHOPE said:
hello firim
Thanks STILLHOPE,

In that case 63 point i calculated is ok if we submit the application before her 5 years is up cuz, the Master was in 2006.

Thanks

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
fobie1 said:
@ egypt2011,
On a general note, I'd say email is not an option. However, it depends on your local BIQ office. BIQ Paris stated clearly to me via letter that 'they do NOT respond to queries by email or phone call' and so it has to be the good ol' postal service.

It might be different for your local BIQ, I'd suggest you ask members that have submitted within your region. Alternatively, you could make use of your office address or a contact's mailing address that you could rely on as a secure correspondence address.
As I would be moving soon, that's what I intend to do.
@fobie1:

Thank you so much for this info..

I'll try to ask about this, it is all because of the political status of the middle east these days that's why I'm afraid of the normal mail posts..

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ fiirm, pls note that with respect to Quebec grading scale, spousal experience are not allotd marks. Hence d 3points u awarded to spouse experience is incorrect. Spouses are only graded for: Age, educatn, A.O.T, & SPOKEN FRENCH. HENCE UR SCORE OF 63 INFLATED. Also note dat a cirtificate course is nt sufficient cos dey are inadmissible to MICC both of u ll need take a standard french test. GOOD Luck

Am going! going!

Star Member
Apr 23, 2011
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02 - 07-2011
Doc's Request.
18-08-2015
AOR Received.
25-02-2012
Interview........
01-06-2012

Sorry if this sounds redundant, but what's the difference between Area of Training & Education with regards to points awarded, and how are they graded?

egrace62 said:
@ fiirm, pls note that with respect to Quebec grading scale, spousal experience are not allotd marks. Hence d 3points u awarded to spouse experience is incorrect. Spouses are only graded for: Age, educatn, A.O.T, & SPOKEN FRENCH. HENCE UR SCORE OF 63 INFLATED. Also note dat a cirtificate course is nt sufficient cos dey are inadmissible to MICC both of u ll need take a standard french test. GOOD Luck

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.

egrace62 said:
Thanks for this detailed and useful comment,

8 month ago when I filled my application I was fortunate enough to get my file number in 2 weeks, but 2 weeks after receiving the the file I got PERM 115(letter of missing document) there they had given me a dateline of 90 days but I took the advantage of this moment and I sent the missing document within 1 month of the receiving that letter. So what do you think what has happened to my file? Because as per your explanation the next BFD should have been within that 90 days, but still they haven't communicated the result of their preliminary assessment to me. Do you think that they have made their decision on my file? or do you think that the preliminary assessment of my file is completed?

Thanks,

And by the way for your hard effort +1 for you.

fobie1

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
NOC Code......
J'sais pas!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-04-2011 + 10-06-2011
I do understand the situation as I've got friends in some of the gulf states. You might have to present BIQ with a different correspondence address from your residential. Like most members would advise, get to a defined level in the process (e.g. CSQ stage), then give them your new address.
Good luck in your Canadian journey too.

Egypt2011 said:
@ fobie1:

Thank you so much for this info..

I'll try to ask about this, it is all because of the political status of the middle east these days that's why I'm afraid of the normal mail posts..

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
fobie1 said:
I do understand the situation as I've got friends in some of the gulf states. You might have to present BIQ with a different correspondence address from your residential. Like most members would advise, get to a defined level in the process (e.g. CSQ stage), then give them your new address.
Good luck in your Canadian journey too.
@fobie1:

Thanks so much, will keep u updated..
Good luck to u too :)

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........

@ 2future, well ur course dosen't av to b listed on d preferred list b4 it's accepted.cos truth is some courses are actually listed and yet d alloted point is zero. D most important thing is dat u meet up with d point requiremnt . @ Am going going: d A.O.T points is designed for some specific courses which are in short supply in Québec. D point (eg 0,2,6,12,16) d higher d point attachd to each d more scarce d course is. D scarcity in certain disciplines can b managed by d annual supply of graduates 4rm Québec universities hence those A.O.T are exclusive to Québec degree.yl d scarcity in some areas cannot b managed by graduates 4rm Québec hence they are opened to foreign degrees. But for educatn, every1 with a diploma get point awrded. But for AOT not evry1 get awarded with point. We call it partialty, they call it preferred.