Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
o3.o3.2011
AOR Received.
18.o3.2011
Hello friends, i've been following this thread for a few months now. This has been really helpful. I need to ask a few questions.i hope someone will answer :). I applied for quebec in march and got an aor after 3 weeks. then I received a letter asking for the financial autonomy document which i had sent with my original application. However i sent it again along with a change of address notification. This was done on the 20th of April. I haven't heard anything from them. I don't know if change of address is a problem. Any input? BTW my biq is HK.
thanks.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
Received premilinary Evaluation result with shortage of point.
@2future,

No if you have informed them about your change of address in writing then there is nothing to be worry about, next stage is either call for interview or letter to inform you that you are in interview waiting list.

My file number is almost 8 month old now and I am still waiting for a good news, and there are many others like in this forum who are desperately waiting for that miraculous day. so have patience and faith because next is our turn.
good luck.

dedb

Jun 9, 2011
Hello Friends,
Can you please help me?

I am unable to completely access my points.
Is the following assessment true?

1. Masters in Computer Science (completed Dec. 2008 in USA), Bachelors in Computer Engineering (2003) : 12 Points + 6 for Areas of training
2. Working as a System Engineer (Software) since March 2009 : 6 points (2+years)
3. Age : 31 : 16 points
4. Married
5. Spouse's Education: Bachelors in Business Studies (3 years completed in 2009) : 3 points + 2 for areas of training
6. Spouse's Work Experience : 3 Years but not in the same field as her degree
7. Spouse's age : 26 : 3 points

I haven't yet given TOEFL/IELTS but will it be sufficient to present a letter stating i have been working in an environment where English is the primary language?

Thanks for help.

We don't have children and we do not have French language proficiency.
I have been in the united states since august 2006. Do i have to give IELTS for English language proficiency?

I would appreciate if anyone can help.

Thanks!

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
dedb said:
Hello Friends,
Can you please help me?
I am unable to completely access my points.
Is the following assessment true
1. Masters in Computer Science (completed Dec. 2008 in USA), Bachelors in Computer Engineering (2003) : 12 Points + 6 for Areas of training
2. Working as a System Engineer (Software) since March 2009 : 6 points (2+years)
3. Age : 31 : 16 points
4. Married
5. Spouse's Education: Bachelors in Business Studies (3 years completed in 2009) : 3 points + 2 for areas of training
6. Spouse's Work Experience : 3 Years but not in the same field as her degree
7. Spouse's age : 26 : 3 points
I haven't yet given TOEFL/IELTS but will it be sufficient to present a letter stating i have been working in an environment where English is the primary language?
Thanks for help.
We don't have children and we do not have French language proficiency.
I have been in the united states since august 2006. Do i have to give IELTS for English language proficiency?
I would appreciate if anyone can help.
Thanks!
That seems correct to me, dedb. I think if you get a letter saying all your work is in English it is unlikely you would also need the IELTS.

You should start taking French right away though - sign up for classes and when you send your application, send a letter from the school saying you are taking French.

dedb

Jun 9, 2011
marylatt said:
That seems correct to me, dedb. I think if you get a letter saying all your work is in English it is unlikely you would also need the IELTS.

You should start taking French right away though - sign up for classes and when you send your application, send a letter from the school saying you are taking French.

Thank you! marylatt .

From my assessment i have 54 points (if i claim 6 for English). i believe i'll have to claim 6 points for french to qualify.
For a beginner how difficult a task to prove 6 points by signing up for classes and submitting the certificate later on.

Thanks again.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ dedb, with ur score at 54, ur file still stand d risk of rejection @ d 2nd preliminary stage. In other to completely get off d rejection zone, u av got 2choices (1) increase ur points to 57 and get a cut for interview or (2) increase ur point to 63 and escape d interview

joidiple

Oct 19, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bonjour lucky senior members. i am ready to submit my application, for the documents to prove my work experience, do i still need to provide the records of my monthly contribution like social security contributions. or is it enough to submit work certificates and contracts? thanks for your proffessional advice. :D

2future

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
o3.o3.2011
AOR Received.
18.o3.2011
@ quebec 2011, thank you very much for your reply and good wishes. but i read on the thread something about BFD now that i have resent one of the documents, what will be my BFd and is there a way to check the status of my application on line? I am sorry if I'm bothering everyone.
Thanks.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: (No subject)

@ joidple, congrats for finaly reaching d threshold of putting 4wad an application. Pls both letters of work as well as history of social security contributn shld b included in ur applicatn.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
2future said:
@ quebec 2011, thank you very much for your reply and good wishes. but i read on the thread something about BFD now that i have resent one of the documents, what will be my BFd and is there a way to check the status of my application on line? I am sorry if I'm bothering everyone.
Thanks.
Could you tell the full form of BFD? No it is not possible to check the status of your CSQ but yes in federal part you can check the status of your case through their specific tracking site.

good luck

2future

Star Member
Sep 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
o3.o3.2011
AOR Received.
18.o3.2011
quebec2011 said:
Could you tell the full form of BFD? No it is not possible to check the status of your CSQ but yes in federal part you can check the status of your case through their specific tracking site.

good luck
Thanks a million, once again. I received a letter asking for a missing document on the 14th of April and sent it on the 20th. Will this delay the processing further?
Thanks.

quebec2011

Feb 10, 2011
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Oct 2010
AOR Received.
27 Oct 2010
Interview........
2future!

Normally yes this delays a little bit the process of getting the CSQ, that's why they are asking the applicants to send their complete documents when they are filling their application in order to avoid any delay.

But as I and other friends have been waiting for few months and still we are not called for interview then I think this delay will not be felt by you...so don't worry and keep the spirit high as it is right time to learn french and prepare ourselves for interview.

But if you are still not satisfied with this answer you can fill up their e-mail form by mentioning your file number and name, and send it to them by asking to confirm that they have received your missing document.

Use the link below to contact the BIQ HONGKONG through e-mail form.
good luck

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/biq/hong-kong/reach.html

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
Hi All;

PleaseI would like to know can I ask them to communicate with me via Email instead of Post mail, as the postal service in my country is bad?

Thanks

Egypt2011

Star Member
Jun 1, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2011
Doc's Request.
02-08-2011
AOR Received.
18-10-2011
IELTS Request
18-2-2013 with TCFQ
chibiks said:
my BIQ office is Montreal, Quebec.

Hi chibiks

My BIQ was in Damascus but due to the political problems there they transfered my file to montreal, I would like to know how fast is this office, how long it takes to send the first AOR?

thanks so much