Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-09-2011
AOR Received.
08-05-2012
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ Fiirm, if ur wife is not d principal applicant i.e she is d dependant, then u realy dont need to lose ur sleep over her years of experience. Because dependants are not usually awarded mark for experience hence for dependants, a 5yrs experince is same as 2yrs experince and both ll b awarded ZERO. Despite this, it's not advisable to put nil in her wrk experience so dat u can shw dat ur wife is also professionally inclined. So d two yrs is just enough 4get abt d ones in d Uk
Thanks egrace62,

I will use that.

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
marylatt said:
Hi guys,

Just wanted to report that I had my interview at the Sao Paulo visa office and I got accepted! I got my CSQ and already hand-delivered my federal process papers to the Consulate. They told me processing will take about a year.
Congratulaaations Marylatt..

Best of luck in the second stage.

:)

Iceberg7

Jan 1, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
abehola said:
Hello all,

Finally, we are back and we came back with the CSQ.............with priority processing also.
Full account to come later.
Really grateful to all in the house.
Congratulaaations Abehola..

Best of luck in the federal part..

:)

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
vibez_well said:
no, the qsw applicants will not come under the federal caps. that is applicable only to those who plan to apply for immig under the fsw category. so you can relax ! :)

thanks for the reply... i noticed that u applied in HK BIQ... did u receive ur CSQ already? pls share ur timeline for the processing :)
thanks again

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
solokru said:
@ leenakhan and marylatt

In the 2009 preferred areas of training you get 12 points if your degree is on the foreign degrees list and 16 points if your degree is on the Quebec degrees list. You don't get additional points for Quebec diploma/equivalent if your degree is on the preferred areas of training list but you get additional points in the domaine de formation (area of training). If you really want to get points for that, you need to have an equivalent of a Quebec degree. You must first register or apply in a Quebec regulatory body for them to assess the equivalent of your degree in Quebec's educational standards and undergo additional training/education if they would require you (in Quebec).

Take my case as an example, I'm a nurse here in the Philippines and my bachelor's degree in Nursing should be equivalent to 10/12 points under Niveau de scolarite and an additional 12 points for domaine de formation. If I want to have my diploma be recognized as an equivalent in Quebec to gain more points in the immigration process I have to apply to the OIIQ (Order of nurses in Quebec) for them to assess my credentials. I have already inquired to the order about this part and they have required me to send copies of my transcripts and diploma and after the assessment (which would cost around $1100 CAD) they could require me to undergo months of bridging program (according to other Filipino nurses in Quebec) afterwards I can take their registration exam and the required french language exam. I must pass both exams in order to be allowed to practice as a nurse in Quebec and only then should I be awarded the additional points in the Quebec diploma. This task would be really long and would probably be better if it would be done after immigration since it would require me to travel to Quebec and spend a considerably huge amount of money for my training and the cost of living for me to train there and wait for my degree to be recognized as a Quebec equivalent.

If there is a regulatory body in Quebec that regulates the profession that you are processing as a QSW then you should contact them and learn how to register.

As for the job experience I really do believe that it must be related to the job you are applying in order to enter Quebec. That is the main reason why you want Quebec to get you as an immigrant. If they need nurses, they wouldn't just get a person with a nursing degree but with 0 experience in nursing or has experience in other fields not related to his or her course. That is why I think you need to ask some other seniors because you have mentioned you have a master's degree in Management at the University of Punjab but have been working for more than three years as a customer service representative at a telecom company. Would your job be in anyway directly related to the degree you have?

Anyways, I hope that I have helped in your queries. I don't assume that I know everything since I have also have encountered some problems with BIQ HK regarding my degree in Nursing. I hope your application goes well!

Bonne chance!

bonjour!!... we are of the same profession and country.. if u dont mind im just curious what problems did u encounter with ur degree in application.. it might just save me from any worries.. ill be sending my application this july ur reply would be a great help.. thanks

applicante.ph

Star Member
May 24, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
March 11 2013
@ solokru by d way.. were u called for an interview?? thanks!

vibez_well

Mar 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ, HK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2011
AOR Received.
Jul 2011
applicante.ph, yup, i applied at BIQ, HK on 20 Apr. still havent recd my AoR !

applicante.ph said:
thanks for the reply... i noticed that u applied in HK BIQ... did u receive ur CSQ already? pls share ur timeline for the processing :)
thanks again

phunmi

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April 2011
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
10th May 2011
phew, where do i start!!!!!!!!!!
egrace62, THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :D very much ;D
well it's a semi good news from my end. I got my AOR from B!Q-Paris yesterday ( No thanks to the erratic postal delivery system, it was super slow.

here are some details:
Application received: april 13th 2011
Cheque cashed:9th may 2011 ( egrace62 thnks for advising i pay with a cheque cos u had reasons to believe that credit card usually have queue )

AOR SENT: 10th May 2011 ( it took a month for it to b delivered
AOR received: 10th June 2011
my AOR came along-side PERM 115( missing document) history of social security contribution and my first and last payslips. all of which i included in my initial application. but no problem cos by Wednesday am gonna resend cos about 32days av been wasted out of my 60days period. in-all in just 57days i av gone this far.i am getting more interested in this game now.
thanks wings.. for starting this thread.... if not i would av been wondering abt
egrace62..... i salute u sir. ;). u are of immense help. only God can reward u

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
phunmi said:
phew, where do i start!!!!!!!!!!
egrace62, THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU :D very much ;D
well it's a semi good news from my end. I got my AOR from B!Q-Paris yesterday ( No thanks to the erratic postal delivery system, it was super slow.

here are some details:
Application received: april 13th 2011
Cheque cashed:9th may 2011 ( egrace62 thnks for advising i pay with a cheque cos u had reasons to believe that credit card usually have queue )

AOR SENT: 10th May 2011 ( it took a month for it to b delivered
AOR received: 10th June 2011
my AOR came along-side PERM 115( missing document) history of social security contribution and my first and last payslips. all of which i included in my initial application. but no problem cos by Wednesday am gonna resend cos about 32days av been wasted out of my 60days period. in-all in just 57days i av gone this far.i am getting more interested in this game now.
thanks wings.. for starting this thread.... if not i would av been wondering abt
egrace62..... i salute u sir. ;). u are of immense help. only God can reward u
whao, this is a record breaking feat that u have here. from this it means ur next Brought forward date B'Fd is 9th of july. that is that is the next time that ur file will b placed on ur Reviewing officers desk for 4da review. but if u can send the required docs on wednesday as u av stated then the officer will have no choice than to bring forth ur case ealier than 9th of july. ur CSQ is just around the corner, u wont need the interview. just resend and await ur CSQ,

phunmi

Jan 14, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ-Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14th April 2011
Nomination.....
Waiting
AOR Received.
10th May 2011
@ Marylatt, congratulations...... but one year processing time is not encouraging :-\

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
Re: (No subject)

egrace62 said:
@ Marylatt, pls fill us in, seems u av left us out of d loop. What av u just gotten, CsQ OR interview call? Pls share ur good news & let d congratulatory mssges keep cascading
Hi egrace62,

I got the interview call in May 2011. I had the interview in June 2011 - 2 days ago. I was successful, and got the CSQ!

I think the federal part will take longer than the Quebec part - for me, anyway. I applied in Jan 2011 for Quebec, and had the interview now, so that's 6 months. Federal process, according to the consulate, will take a year for Brazil applicants.

marylatt

Star Member
Nov 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo, Brazil
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-01-2011
Nomination.....
09-06-2011 (CSQ received)
AOR Received.
17-01-2011
File Transfer...
09-06-2011 (beginning of federal process)
Med's Request
22-10-2012
Med's Done....
25-10-2012
Interview........
Name showed up on e-cas: 26-03-2012
Passport Req..
14-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
28-01-2013
phunmi said:
@ Marylatt, congratulations...... but one year processing time is not encouraging :-\
That's true, phunmi; however, I only waited 6 months for the Quebec part (compared to others who have had to wait up to 1.5 years or more!), and I knew it was going to be around a year, so at least I can plan for it. And who knows, it may come through faster!

Thanks for all the congrats, everyone.

My impression of the interview:

1) The most important thing is to verify everything you have claimed. So if you said you had work experience, take letters from your employers, and pay stubs to prove it. Take your language tests, diplomas, and transcripts - make sure your transcripts/diploma have the year you graduated and the domain you graduated in.

2) No matter how hard you study French, it is likely you will be super nervous during the interview, so it's good to take official French tests. I got a good score on the TEF and have high intermediate to adv French, and yet, during the interview I think my French SUCKED. I could hardly remember the verb tenses! And he said it was good that I had done so well on the TEF, and at that point I was SO relieved to have that proof and not have to rely on my French at the moment.

3) Do job research. Know your NOC Code (which is CNP in French) before you go, and search on IMT en ligne what the perpectives are for your area in Quebec, and in the region in which you want to settle. Print out a few possible job offers that match your qualifications on Emploi Quebec. You don't have to have 20 of them - during my interview he only looked at 3, even though I had 20. I also made a list of employers potentiels - in my case I'm a teacher, so I wrote down the contact info of all possible places that could employ teachers in the region of Estrie. I think that helped.

4) He did not ask me for letters of recommendation or for proof of financial sufficiency, not sure if that's just Brazil or everywhere.

5) He DID ask me "Why do you want to go to Quebec?" in French, though I know some people who were asked that in English. I guess it depends.

6) Sleep well the night before. It's exhausting enough to go through the interview, not taking care of yourself before will only make it worse.

If I think of anything else I'll let you guys know.

egrace62

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2010
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2nd june 2010 ( BIQ Paris)
Med's Request
16th June 2011
VISA ISSUED...
12th sept, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed gracefully!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
marylatt said:
That's true, phunmi; however, I only waited 6 months for the Quebec part (compared to others who have had to wait up to 1.5 years or more!), and I knew it was going to be around a year, so at least I can plan for it. And who knows, it may come through faster!

Thanks for all the congrats, everyone.

My impression of the interview:

1) The most important thing is to verify everything you have claimed. So if you said you had work experience, take letters from your employers, and pay stubs to prove it. Take your language tests, diplomas, and transcripts - make sure your transcripts/diploma have the year you graduated and the domain you graduated in.
congrats marylatt, let the Samba drum keep rolling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) No matter how hard you study French, it is likely you will be super nervous during the interview, so it's good to take official French tests. I got a good score on the TEF and have high intermediate to adv French, and yet, during the interview I think my French SUCKED. I could hardly remember the verb tenses! And he said it was good that I had done so well on the TEF, and at that point I was SO relieved to have that proof and not have to rely on my French at the moment.

3) Do job research. Know your NOC Code (which is CNP in French) before you go, and search on IMT en ligne what the perpectives are for your area in Quebec, and in the region in which you want to settle. Print out a few possible job offers that match your qualifications on Emploi Quebec. You don't have to have 20 of them - during my interview he only looked at 3, even though I had 20. I also made a list of employers potentiels - in my case I'm a teacher, so I wrote down the contact info of all possible places that could employ teachers in the region of Estrie. I think that helped.

4) He did not ask me for letters of recommendation or for proof of financial sufficiency, not sure if that's just Brazil or everywhere.

5) He DID ask me "Why do you want to go to Quebec?" in French, though I know some people who were asked that in English. I guess it depends.

6) Sleep well the night before. It's exhausting enough to go through the interview, not taking care of yourself before will only make it worse.

If I think of anything else I'll let you guys know.

fobie1

May 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
BIQ Paris
NOC Code......
J'sais pas!
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-09-2010
AOR Received.
26-04-2011 + 10-06-2011
Congratulations to everyone who received good news - either at the CSQ or PPR visa stage. Glad I've returned to positive tales of progress.
My file is being evaluated at the moment (according to my 2nd AOR), and I should know the outcome of the CSQ stage soon enough.
Keep your fingers crossed and your prayers fast for me too.
Best wishes to everyone.