waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
lemans207 said:
I didn't know you got your CSQ. so fast isn't it?
did you do your interview or waiver
Lemans, how comes you didn't know that I got a waiver? :) I updated my timeline as I got it. It's been already 2 months since then. You said before that those who got a waiver don't receive AOR, but as it turned out that's possible to get a CSQ within 2 months after AOR.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
Never got anything in RUS in one month using conventional way ;D

When I was applying, police certificates were valid for 12 months overall, but when they got the file certificates should not be older than 3 months. Did they change the rule? If yes, it will be a real nightmare now - to update certificates every 3 months.

No I am still in call centre, but in a different one. It is quieter there. I am applying from time to time in my field but I never get any reply. I would love to do smth else, but I have no other choice. My only consolation is that everybody else in my group is a qSW immigrant too :D and my motivation is that even with a call centre salary I am leading a comfortable life and saving half of salary each month, while in my country I cannot survive even one week on a university professor's monthly salary :D

Ievgen said:
Hi Ketevan,

There're alternative ways to settle issues with the documents in such countries ;D And actually, even if you get it for free without "extra amount" under general conditions it takes one month for citizens. Police certificates are valid for 3 months only. I suppose that FBI will process my request soon also. When I dispatched federal application I included a Fedex courier receipt as a proof that I mailed a request to FBI headquarters. How have you been doing so far? I suppose after spending some time at home you now boosted your motivation! Are you still in the call center or decided to go for something else?

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
Ketevan said:
Never got anything in RUS in one month using conventional way ;D

When I was applying, police certificates were valid for 12 months overall, but when they got the file certificates should not be older than 3 months. Did they change the rule? If yes, it will be a real nightmare now - to update certificates every 3 months.

No I am still in call centre, but in a different one. It is quieter there. I am applying from time to time in my field but I never get any reply. I would love to do smth else, but I have no other choice. My only consolation is that everybody else in my group is a qSW immigrant too :D and my motivation is that even with a call centre salary I am leading a comfortable life and saving half of salary each month, while in my country I cannot survive even one week on a university professor's monthly salary :D
Yes, it's 3 month for now. And that's bad for those who request several certificates from different countries because they have to be valid simultaneously.
I wish you don't have nasty clients :D like in a previous center. Our countries have a very high level of respect to scientists, researchers and professors lol ;D Not completing a high school and trading with apples in a market place is even more valuable than that :D That's why our degrees and qualifications have no value outside cause you can buy any document, not only police certificates.

Ketevan

Mar 26, 2012
UK
Category........
Visa Office......
London (Federal), Paris (BIQ)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-03-2011 (Quebec); 29-02-2012 (Federal), signed by KRSZWDA
Nomination.....
Interview letter received from BIQ (Paris) November 2011
AOR Received.
15-08-2011 (Quebec); 23-03-2012 (Federal, e-mail)
File Transfer...
19-04-2012 (London started processing)
Med's Request
12-06-2012 (delivered on 19-06-2012 by post)
Med's Done....
04-07-2012 (received by London on 09-07-2012, signed by IAN); appeared on ECAS on 31-07-2012
Interview........
06-02-2012 (got CSQ at Paris BIQ)
Passport Req..
30-07-12, but cancelled on 08-08-12 (additional background checks needed :o ) New passport req. - 05/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-12 (Passport submitted in person 15/11/12; Decision made and canadian address on ECAS 23/11/12; passport picked up in person 29/11/12).
LANDED..........
09-03-13, Montreal YUL
The value of university education is declining everywhere. The employment rate for DEP holders (secondary professional diploma) is 100% here, but university graduates are begging for jobs for years before getting a position.
I wish you do not have to renew your certificates.

Ievgen said:
Yes, it's 3 month for now. And that's bad for those who request several certificates from different countries because they have to be valid simultaneously.
I wish you don't have nasty clients :D like in a previous center. Our countries have a very high level of respect to scientists, researchers and professors lol ;D Not completing a high school and trading with apples in a market place is even more valuable than that :D That's why our degrees and qualifications have no value outside cause you can buy any document, not only police certificates.

swamik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raistlin17phil said:
I've had the same problem before and it turns out later when I advanced in my French skills, I was calling them after office hours! If you call them after office hours, they have these "information capsules" and even if I pressed the English option, the recorded message was still in French because there were no English Information Capsules that time when I called. And true enough, like yours, it asks me to press 1 or 2 in French... So I called them up again during their office hours and bingo! I just waited until the message reverted to English, and it was about pressing 9 (?) if I wanted service in English. That has been months ago when I had the problem, though, and I've always called them within office hours after that and I've never had any more problems. You might want to try that and see if it resolves your problem. ;)
Last Friday, I spoke to the Call Center around 1 PM Quebec time. The only update I could get from her was, the application is in process, and she cannot say, whether there is any priority, whether there is any different rule applied for my application or anything worth.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
CSQ 16/8/2013 PR 01/04/2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
No passport request visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
From the new GPI September 2013 - Interview Waiver Criteria

I have translated from French to English the best I can, and it explains clearly to all of those who are hoping for an Interview Waiver, exactly what two criteria are required to be attained to have said Interview Waiver.

Hope it helps some people. Translation in Green. Sorry didn't have much time to do it more accurately, but it seems pretty clear that if you send and incomplete file and you have not submitted French test with the file, or you need extra popints for adaptability then you are pretty much guaranteed to be called for an interview.

It would seem just from reading this that they may have had some non authentic results certificates in the past and that they do verify the results if there is a doubt.

So pretty much without French or without enough points, no Interview Waiver

4.3.1.2 Sélection sur dossier - Interview Waiver

La sélection sur dossier doit être privilégiée si les deux conditions suivantes sont
remplies: The selection for Interview Waiver is is to be considered if the following two conditions are fulfilled:

- il satisfait au seuil de passage en sélection dès l’étape de l’examen
préliminaire (sans avoir besoin des points au facteur Adaptabilité);
That the file passes the points level required at the preliminary examinsation stage (without needing the adaptability points).

- son dossier est complet et ne requiert aucune vérification supplémentaire
(notamment de ses connaissances linguistiques).
That the file is complete and does not require additional verification (specifically the level of French).

Le fonctionnaire à l’immigration doit s’assurer que le dossier du candidat est
complet afin de favoriser sa sélection sur dossier. The immigration officer needs to assure that the candidates file is complete in order to favorise the Interview Waiver.

Cependant, si cela s’avère
impossible ou si le fonctionnaire estime qu’il est nécessaire de procéder à des
vérifications supplémentaires ou d’évaluer les connaissances linguistiques en
français du candidat, il le convoque en entrevue. If this is not possible or the immigration officer thinks that it is necesarry to proceed with supplimentary verifications or to evaluate further the Linguistic abilities. The candidate is asked to come to an interview.

Si le candidat présente, au
moment de l’entrevue, une attestation émise par un organisme reconnu par le
Ministère pour l’évaluation des compétences linguistiques en français (VOIR
SECTION 3.3.4.1), le fonctionnaire à l’immigration peut s’assurer de la validitédes résultats et de l’authenticité du document par les moyens recommandés par les organismes émetteurs. If the candidate, at the moment of interview presents an attestation from an organisation recognised by the Minister for the evaluation of French language competences (see section 3.3.4.1), the immigration officer can be assured of the validity of the result and the authenticity of the test results document by the using the procedures recommended by the organisations who have granted the document.

Lorsque les documents fournis par le candidat ne sont pas satisfaisants ou qu’il y
a un doute sur leur authenticité, le fonctionnaire à l’immigration peut convoquer
le candidat à une entrevue ou entamer des démarches de vérifications
documentaires. If the documents supplied by the candidate are not satisfactory ou the is a doubt about there authenticity, the immigration officer can demand the candidat to present themselves for an intervies or can use the procedures of verification.

Par ailleurs, les candidats sélectionnés sur dossier et leur époux ou conjoint de
fait doivent être convoqués à une séance d’information de groupe dans les
régions où celle-ci est offerte, en particulier les candidats susceptibles d’exercer
une profession régie par un ordre professionnel au Québec ou par un organisme
de réglementation. However the candaiates chosen for interview waiver and their husbands/wives or partners should be asked to come to a information session group in the region where this is offered, particularly candidats who may be planning to work in a profession where it is regulated by a prefessional order of Quebec or a ruling body.

4.3.2 Exigences à l’étape de la sélection - Criteria at selection stage

Pour être sélectionné, le candidat doit satisfaire au seuil de passage à l’étape de
la sélection. Les seuils de passage qui s’appliquent à cette étape sont les
suivants: To be chosen with interview waiver the candidate has to pass the required level at the selection stage. The required level is as follow:

- 55 points pour un requérant seul; 55 points for solo candidate

- 63 points pour un requérant accompagné de son époux ou conjoint de fait. 63 points for candidate accompanied by wife/husband opr partner.

Remarques:
- Si le candidat démontre ses connaissances linguistiques en français en
présentant à l’appui de sa demande d’immigration, le résultat d’un test
d’évaluation délivré par un des organismes reconnus par le Ministère (VOIR
SECTION 3.3.4.1.), le fonctionnaire à l’immigration peut s’assurer de la
validité des résultats en utilisant les moyens de validation mis à sa disposition
par les organismes émetteurs. if the candidate has proof of French language level by presenting with his/her application for immigration the results from a test from a organisation recognised by the Minister (Voir section 3.3.4.1), the immigration officer may be assured the validity of the results by using the verification system recommended by the testing organisations.

- Le candidat qui, selon ses déclarations, détient des compétences en français
lui permettant d’être sélectionné sur dossier, mais qui n’a pas joint les pièces
prouvant ses connaissances linguistiques, sera invité à passer un test
standardisé démontrant le niveau déclaré. The candidate who has declared, has the language capabilities that would allow for him to be selected by file alone, but who has not sent proof of the language skills, should be invited to pass a standardised test to show the level of language skill that hes/she has declared.

- Tous les facteurs de la grille sont pris en compte à cette étape. All of the selection grill factors are taken into account at this stage.

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
Titoualfruk said:

So pretty much without French or without enough points, no Interview Waiver
Actually you are not right, it is not the level of french that matters. What matters is that whatever french knowledge you claimed, should be supported by official language test results. So if you have the 55/63 points, and you claimed 0 points for language, they have no way to force an interview, as there is no claimed french knowledge to verify... Also, if you attached TCFQ, TEFaQ or DELF results as required for a while now, they have to accept it without further verification from your side:

"If the candidate, at the moment of interview presents an attestation from an organisation recognised by the Minister for the evaluation of French language competences (see section 3.3.4.1), the immigration officer can be assured of the validity of the result and the authenticity of the test results document by the using the procedures recommended by the organisations who have granted the document."

This last sentence means that in this case - attached test results - the only thing they may do, is verify the results with the organization.

Illogical as it is, still that is what their rules are.

mdammalli

Oct 25, 2011
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
HK/New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-11-2011
AOR Received.
29-12-2011
IELTS Request
I havent given any IELTS exam
VISA ISSUED...
APPLICATION REJECTED on 18/08/2015
Titoualfruk said:
Excellent Work.. Thank you very much Titoualfruk

naumanrahim

Sep 11, 2013
Friends, Is it prefered to use agent for immigration. I am planning to hire David Cohen from Canadavisa.

Any reviews about him ?

Thanks,
NR

raistlin17phil

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2012
Doc's Request.
27-05-2014
Nomination.....
CSQ 15-09-2014
AOR Received.
14-03-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with the application
File Transfer...
01-01-2013
Med's Request
02-07-2015
Med's Done....
07-07-2015
Interview........
Waived (QSWP)
Titoualfruk said:

I have translated from French to English the best I can, and it explains clearly to all of those who are hoping for an Interview Waiver, exactly what two criteria are required to be attained to have said Interview Waiver.

thank you!

darshmodi

Nov 11, 2010
Ahmedabad - India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
oszi said:
Actually you are not right, it is not the level of french that matters. What matters is that whatever french knowledge you claimed, should be supported by official language test results. So if you have the 55/63 points, and you claimed 0 points for language, they have no way to force an interview, as there is no claimed french knowledge to verify... Also, if you attached TCFQ, TEFaQ or DELF results as required for a while now, they have to accept it without further verification from your side:

"If the candidate, at the moment of interview presents an attestation from an organisation recognised by the Minister for the evaluation of French language competences (see section 3.3.4.1), the immigration officer can be assured of the validity of the result and the authenticity of the test results document by the using the procedures recommended by the organisations who have granted the document."

This last sentence means that in this case - attached test results - the only thing they may do, is verify the results with the organization.

dear ozi and other senior members

can you please let me know that interview waiver will be given from when
for example I applied march 2011

pls repky

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
oszi said:

Please read carefully!!! what I said is without enough points or if you need points for adaptability!!! Most people will not have enough points without points for French and as they have just changed the goal posts on this subkect it will effect a lot of people. It would seem that a lot of people have lost the points A1 to B1 due to the changes, who needed these points to get to the pass level of points 55/63 who will now not have enough points without adaptability points. Do not forget even if you send test results upto level B1, you will no longer receive points, which makes it harder, but not impossible to arrive at the 55/63 points mark.

You also need to remeber to read a little between the lines and indeed read the GPI in full, there is an awful lot of mentioning of French language skill and not much to do with English language skill.

From what I understand for the verification of the test results, I believe that there is a system in place that immigration officers can use to verify that the results are true and accurate.

The point I am trying to highlight is that, evidently they have made it harder to gain a interview waiver if you do no have enough points, were relying on language points for A1 to B1 or if you need the adaptability points to reach the number of points required to obtain the CSQ, you will be called for interview, this is basically what it is saying.

I suppose the end point is this.

The only way to avoid an interview is:

Have reached the points stage required at the selection stage (the problem with this is we can never know when the selection stage is for a particular candidat, could be 1 week after AOR or 2 years after AOR it is impossible to know) with or without French as both are possible, and that all supporting documents are correct and that there can be no doubt as to their authenticity.

In my opinion any one applying for CSQ should send there applications with all the documents required and IF claiming poins for French, try and have the B2 certificate at the time of sending the application or do this as soon as possible after AOR. I think waiting to send documents or not sendin all the documents required at the start is kind of like playing russian roulette.

In an ideal world we would all be at 55/63 without needind additional points, but unfortunately we don't live in that world and the jolly folks at Québec immigration do seem to like playing the criteria and changeing the goal posts when and how they feel. Unfortunately this is the way governments work.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
darshmodi said:
dear ozi and other senior members

can you please let me know that interview waiver will be given from when
for example I applied march 2011

pls repky
According to the GPI it is given at the moment of selection, which is after the AOR i believe but I do not think there is anyway to know when this is for a particular candidat.

I could be wrong.

Titoualfruk

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Toulouse
Category........
Visa Office......
Montréal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/03/2013
Doc's Request.
March 2014
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01/04/2015
Med's Request
12/06/2015
Med's Done....
29/06/2015
Interview........
25/11/2014
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
10/07/2015
LANDED..........
13/10/2015
Do not forget also that it all seems to be at the discretion of the immigration officer, even if you have enough points it is upto the immigration officer to give interview waiver or not.

It seems that even if you have enough points, they could still ask you to come to an interview, so even having a rock solid file may require an interview.

It will be interesting to see what happens with our application, we have a solid application, sent all the paperwork and proof at the start along with TEFAQ C1 and C2 points, and have somewhere around the 65-70 points mark and both live in France. It will be interesting to see what happens to us. I will keep you guys posted to see what happens with us, I am hoping for the waiver too as can't be bothered to plan a trip to Paris for an interview.

Little tip by the way:

It is always a good idea, if it is possible to get any copies, certified and conform by the Canadien consulat/embassy nearest to you, I was told by the lady at the Consulat here that it helps with the authenticity of the documents if the originals are seen by an agent of the Candian government and they are certified by them. it costs a small fortune 15€ per copy but I think in the long run it's worth it.