+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

biomed22

Mar 2, 2012
bsrogen said:
Hi biomed22,
Just a brief check, I think your final score is about 53 (your AOT is in the 6 points' group). You lack about 4 points for passing the preliminary selection point for final interview. So the advice is :
1. Having a baby until the end of this year ( this will contribute 4 points for passing the preliminary threshold)
2. Take the French test and have at least B2 level of speaking or listening section (This could contribute at least 5 points).
If you can accomplish 1 of 2 tasks above, I am sure that you will be selected for interview to gain more 5-6 points of adaptability (it's hard but not impossible because you should take interview in French). Then, from now, if you want to pursue applying to QSW, you should study French anyway. I hope this helps.
hello friend,
Thanks for your reply. How can we calculate our points? do you have any links? If, please can you provide me a link? Can we apply ourself or we have to apply trough immigration agencies? If we can process ourself than can you guide, where we can find the processing link. Would not be late to apply after study of french language, I am in dilemma.

blackcap99

Sep 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Friends,

Plz refer to point 28 to 30 of the form "Documents submitted in support of the Application for Selection Certificate
Skilled workers (Regular program) A-1520-AA (2013-05)"

I am a Civil Engineer and planning to apply for Quebec Immigration Process.
My Question is that for applying CSQ, Is it required to get my qualification assessed by some regulatory authority from Quebec?

As Civil Engineering is governed by regulatory authority in Quebec.

An early and favourable response will be highly appreciated.

Rizwan Ali

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
lemans207 said:
All applications after dec 2011 will be under new rules he said
unless if the preminarly examination has alreaddy started, he mentioned that several times.

anyways i have translated the session into English on papers, and i will write the translation today .

lemans207

Champion Member
Oct 21, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
signalmaker said:
unless if the preminarly examination has alreaddy started, he mentioned that several times.

anyways i have translated the session into English on papers, and i will write the translation today .
yes i think your safe

Ievgen

May 17, 2013
Ukraine
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia (Federal)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-03-2013
Nomination.....
CSQ issued 26-07-2013
AOR Received.
10-05-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Long way to go
VISA ISSUED...
Long way to go
LANDED..........
Long way to go
blackcap99 said:
Dear Friends,

Plz refer to point 28 to 30 of the form "Documents submitted in support of the Application for Selection Certificate
Skilled workers (Regular program) A-1520-AA (2013-05)"

I am a Civil Engineer and planning to apply for Quebec Immigration Process.
My Question is that for applying CSQ, Is it required to get my qualification assessed by some regulatory authority from Quebec?

As Civil Engineering is governed by regulatory authority in Quebec.

An early and favourable response will be highly appreciated.

Rizwan Ali
It's not required in any way to have a permit from a regulatory body just to apply for CSQ. However, I believe if you have it then it's a valuable addition that can significantly boost the processing time of your application. You might apply for CSQ and to a regulatory body at the same time and then update your application after you obtain a permit. I did it and received a CSQ very fast. Just in two months after AOR.

blackcap99

Sep 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ievgen said:
It's not required in any way to have a permit from a regulatory body just to apply for CSQ. However, I believe if you have it then it's a valuable addition that can significantly boost the processing time of your application. You might apply for CSQ and to a regulatory body at the same time and then update your application after you obtain a permit. I did it and received a CSQ very fast. Just in two months after AOR.
Thank you Ievgen for quick and helpful response.
Now, I shall do the same means will apply for CSQ and for the permit from regulatory authority at the same time.
Once again thank you so much.

D

David83

jazv4 said:
4. He states that language test cannot be send after you file the application. Once you sent your application, if you choose not to send your
language test you will get 0 points for that language. They will not wait for you to update your application. So, if you haven't received you
official score sheet wait until you do, otherwise you won't be getting those points.
Is this true? But in the official website there is a form for updating any change, and language proficiency is one of them!!

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
David83 said:
Is this true? But in the official website there is a form for updating any change, and language proficiency is one of them!!
he meant the your file will be examined according to the info they got firstly, but after having a file number you can update the file, as an UPDATE only.

D

David83

signalmaker said:
he meant the your file will be examined according to the info they got firstly, but after having a file number you can update the file, as an UPDATE only.
I just called them, and they said once you get a file number you can update your file whenever you want.

I also asked him about the AOT diploma that you must have it in the last 5 years or at least one year experience in the last 5 years in that field, he said "where did you read that?" I said "in the official website", he said "I don't see it". I don't know, may be he didn't understand my question, but what I wanted to ask, if I have a diploma in the AOT of 12 points but I got it 6 years ago and I have no experience in it, will they treat it black and white, I mean I will get 0 point? or I will get say 6 points or part of the total points?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
David83 said:
I just called them, and they said once you get a file number you can update your file whenever you want.

I also asked him about the AOT diploma that you must have it in the last 5 years or at least one year experience in the last 5 years in that field, he said "where did you read that?" I said "in the official website", he said "I don't see it". I don't know, may be he didn't understand my question, but what I wanted to ask, if I have a diploma in the AOT of 12 points but I got it 6 years ago and I have no experience in it, will they treat it black and white, I mean I will get 0 point? or I will get say 6 points or part of the total points?
what i know is that zero experience is zero points. please make sure.

D

David83

signalmaker said:
what i know is that zero experience is zero points. please make sure.
I called them and they said I will not get the points!! But this is not fair to go directly from 12 points to zero because of months away from 5 years!!

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
David83 said:
I called them and they said I will not get the points!! But this is not fair to go directly from 12 points to zero because of months away from 5 years!!
i answered you about not having experince at all, i didnt know you ha this experience before 5 years.

D

David83

signalmaker said:
i answered you about not having experince at all, i didnt know you ha this experience before 5 years.
I don't have experience neither before nor after the 5 years limit because I continued my education in another field. What I meant is that I got my diploma in Computer Engineering just months longer than the 5 years limit!!

sango

Apr 13, 2011
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
30/05/2016 Montréal, and became PR
Sick and tired of this Quebec stuff. I don't care about change of rules or what ever way they want to define 'preliminary evaluation'. What makes me more comfrotable is that I received AOR on 28 August 2012 i;e 11 months before this tricky change of rules, and I am very comfortable with my B2 french and ready to show case that during the so-called interview. And do not be surprised that after years of keeping our monies to run their economy, they can just cancel our files retured them, with the same fees without taking into account the time value of money.What do these Quebecois folks take us for?.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
sango said:
Sick and tired of this Quebec stuff. I don't care about change of rules or what ever way they want to define 'preliminary evaluation'. What makes me more comfrotable is that I received AOR on 28 August 2012 i;e 11 months before this tricky change of rules, and I am very comfortable with my B2 french and ready to show case that during the so-called interview. And do not be surprised that after years of keeping our monies to run their economy, they can just cancel our files retured them, with the same fees without taking into account the time value of money.What do these Quebecois folks take us for?.

wait wait wait !

why you are angry ? you have B2, and you are out the game !

why you are here depressed and writing here ? :)))

look to my case, i slept 2 hours in last 36 hours, and i am really in bull shit situation :))

just cheer up and log out of this depressing forum :)))

cheers !