+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Preferred

Jun 25, 2013
alexey_nathan said:
Guys, important news from the online info-session (it just finished).
The guy from the Minister de la Immigration du Quebec said: everybody who's application was received before august 1 2013 will be treated by the old rules EXCEPT for points for French. No points will be awarded if your level is below B2.

Yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I hope this is the final position. :) :) ;D :D

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
alexey_nathan said:
The guy from the Minister de la Immigration du Quebec said: everybody who's application was received before august 1 2013 will be treated by the old rules EXCEPT for points for French. No points will be awarded if your level is below B2.
what is the source of the info ?

everyone regardless if started processing or not ?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
alexey_nathan said:
what is the online info session ??

QuebecPEQ

Jul 17, 2013
I got my CSQ through PEQ.

It is really easy, you have to have worked in Quebec for 12 months and possess an active employment. You take your French test (TEFAQ in my case). And then you send the results along with the application form and your letter of employment.

My CSQ took 19 days from posting the application to receiving the Certificate. No interview is required.

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
alexey_nathan said:
If this is true, then everyone can only lose points... Basically this means the combination of the worst rules from both old and new ruleset, only for the disadvantage of all old applicants. Even more outrageous than I could ever expect... This is a shame of lawmaking and application of law.

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
oszi said:
If this is true, then everyone can only lose points... Basically this means the combination of the worst rules from both old and new ruleset, only for the disadvantage of all old applicants. Even more outrageous than I could ever expect... This is a shame of lawmaking and application of law.
there is something wrong here .. it cant be .. if this is true then 90 % of applications will be returned ..

they need 32000 applications, no way if the retroactive act takes effect as Alexey said ..

i called one lawyer now, and he said he beleives AT LEAST if a file number exists along with money taken from CC or check then no way to change things back again ..

blackcap99

Sep 24, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Friends,

I hope you all are fine and enjoying great health.
We (me and my wife) are planning to start Quebec Immigration process.
We have following credentials and we figured out that we qualify for the following points. please correct us if we are wrong

Rizwan Ali (Main Applicant)
Education: Master's in Civil Engineering (12 Points)
Area of Training: Civil, Construction and Transportation Engineering (Bachelors, 4 years) (12 Points)
Validated Employment Offer: No (0 Point)
Work Experience: 6 years (8 Points)
French Language Proficiency: DELF A1 (0 Points)
English Language Proficiency: Intermediate (CLB 5-8)(CLB Level 5 - IELTS Listening: 5.0 Reading: 5.0 Writing: 4.0 Speaking: 5.0) (4 points)
Stay and Family in Quebec: No (0 Points)

Sidra Rizwan (Spouse)
Education Level: Bachelors in Computer Arts (4 years degree) (3 Points)
Area of Training: Section C of the areas (2 Points)
Children: (Nil) (0 Points)
Financial Self-Sufficiency: Making of a contract (Cutoff score =1) (1 Point)
Adaptability: Overall assessment (0-6) (6 Points)

Total Points: 67

I would also like to know from where we can get following documents attested.

1. Universities Degrees
2. Birth Certificates
3. Certificate of Marriage
4. Experience Letters

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Rizwan Ali
Civil Engineer
+968-9396-8196
rizwan.nauman@gmail.com

vooohhh

Aug 7, 2013
blackcap99 said:
Hi Friends,

I hope you all are fine and enjoying great health.
We (me and my wife) are planning to start Quebec Immigration process.
We have following credentials and we figured out that we qualify for the following points. please correct us if we are wrong

Rizwan Ali (Main Applicant)
Education: Master's in Civil Engineering (12 Points)
Area of Training: Civil, Construction and Transportation Engineering (Bachelors, 4 years) (12 Points)
Validated Employment Offer: No (0 Point)
Work Experience: 6 years (8 Points)
French Language Proficiency: DELF A1 (0 Points)
English Language Proficiency: Intermediate (CLB 5-8)(CLB Level 5 - IELTS Listening: 5.0 Reading: 5.0 Writing: 4.0 Speaking: 5.0) (4 points)
Stay and Family in Quebec: No (0 Points)

Sidra Rizwan (Spouse)
Education Level: Bachelors in Computer Arts (4 years degree) (3 Points)
Area of Training: Section C of the areas (2 Points)
Children: (Nil) (0 Points)
Financial Self-Sufficiency: Making of a contract (Cutoff score =1) (1 Point)
Adaptability: Overall assessment (0-6) (6 Points)

Total Points: 67

I would also like to know from where we can get following documents attested.

1. Universities Degrees
2. Birth Certificates
3. Certificate of Marriage
4. Experience Letters

Thanks in advance

Best Regards,

Rizwan Ali
Civil Engineer
+968-9396-8196
rizwan.nauman @ gmail.com
hey Rizwan to quebec immigration site search list-authorities for authorization
it states tht for Pakistan:

Other countries

If the country where the document was issued does not appear on this list, please make sure to have the document certified as a true copy, either by the organization that issued the original or by an authority recognized in this country (for example, a government department, a local or regional administrative body, a notary public, etc.).

Notes:

A copy certified as true by the document issuer is always the preferred format. Note that processing time is required to verify the accuracy of the information you have provided. This timeframe could be shorter if you submit copies certified as true by the issuer.

Copies certified as true by the embassies and consulates of the countries that issued the original document are accepted.

Make sure to have the copies of your documents certified as true by the issuer or by an authority recognized by the country that issued these documents.

jazv4

Star Member
Jun 24, 2012
El Salvador
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
CSQ 05-08-2012, Federal 04-03-2014
Doc's Request.
13-05-2014
Nomination.....
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
CSQ 21-Dec-2012; Federal 4-Apr-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Med's Request
13-05-2014
Med's Done....
19-05-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2014
LANDED..........
10-10-2014
alexey_nathan said:
Here is the recording of an official Quebec info session – http://www.putlocker.com/file/CDADECF3B62B2908 I just found on some Ukrainian (?) forum. Can someone please translate it from French into English and share here?

Thanks in advance!

P.S. What is info session?
I already heard the whole recording and translating word for word would be cumbersome ::); However, essentially what he says is:
1. What really matters for them in terms of date is the reception date not AOR or accusse de reception. The counselor says that once your
application is received and physically opened at the BIQ, it is stamped and dated (even before collecting any money) and that rules will apply
based on that date.

2. Any application "received and stamped" before Dec 6, 2011 will be evaluated based on the older rules. (pre-obligatory language test).
All other application received after Dec 6, 2011 --excepting those application where Preliminary evaluation has been done-- are subject to the
new regulations. Those application where prelimary evaluation has been completed will be evaluated according to the rules in effect at the
moment of reception.

3. This is the contradictory part. He answers a question saying that if you have already received AOR then prelimary evaluation has been completed
; BUT in the next question he answers he says that prelimary evaluation is done after AOR. so he contradicts himself.

4. He states that language test cannot be send after you file the application. Once you sent your application, if you choose not to send your
language test you will get 0 points for that language. They will not wait for you to update your application. So, if you haven't received you
official score sheet wait until you do, otherwise you won't be getting those points.

5. As for the 20,000 limit. He states that according to his experience and based on the restrictive rules there is no way that they are going to meet
the limit, so you can send your application without fear.

So, IMO I'd say that all of us that send the application between Dec, 2011 and now are in the grinder. With the new regulations I basically lose about 5 points, which it's really unfair.

Jun 23, 2012
I am from New Delhi, India. I had received my AOR in June 2011 from BIQ HK.

I called Montreal a few days ago. The CC agent said,

"Sir, they have not yet started 'studying' your application. They will now assess your application under new rules. You can apply for french exam and update your result."

OMG!

Jun 23, 2012
WizardOfQuébec said:
I am from New Delhi, India. I had received my AOR in June 2011 from BIQ HK.

I called Montreal a few days ago. The CC agent said,

"Sir, they have not yet started 'studying' your application. They will now assess your application under new rules. You can apply for french exam and update your result."

OMG!
I feel like I had applied under Quebec Killed Worker Program.

kurtsebastian

Nov 6, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazv4 said:
I already heard the whole recording and translating word for word would be cumbersome ::); However, essentially what he says is:
1. What really matters for them in terms of date is the reception date not AOR or accusse de reception. The counselor says that once your
application is received and physically opened at the BIQ, it is stamped and dated (even before collecting any money) and that rules will apply
based on that date.

2. Any application "received and stamped" before Dec 6, 2011 will be evaluated based on the older rules. (pre-obligatory language test).
All other application received after Dec 6, 2011 --excepting those application where Preliminary evaluation has been done-- are subject to the
new regulations. Those application where prelimary evaluation has been completed will be evaluated according to the rules in effect at the
moment of reception.

3. This is the contradictory part. He answers a question saying that if you have already received AOR then prelimary evaluation has been completed
; BUT in the next question he answers he says that prelimary evaluation is done after AOR. so he contradicts himself.

4. He states that language test cannot be send after you file the application. Once you sent your application, if you choose not to send your
language test you will get 0 points for that language. They will not wait for you to update your application. So, if you haven't received you
official score sheet wait until you do, otherwise you won't be getting those points.

5. As for the 20,000 limit. He states that according to his experience and based on the restrictive rules there is no way that they are going to meet
the limit, so you can send your application without fear.

So, IMO I'd say that all of us that send the application between Dec, 2011 and now are in the grinder. With the new regulations I basically lose about 5 points, which it's really unfair.
5. As for the 20,000 limit. He states that according to his experience and based on the restrictive rules there is no way that they are going to meet the limit, so you can send your application without fear.

This sentence makes me very positive .Thanks.

Raza PK

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-13
mommy_pinay said:
Hello everyone,

Do you think the 20,000 caps will be filled already? I submitted my application last July 16, 2013 and have not heard from them yet. I am not sure whether they will begin counting 20,000 for all documents processed after August 1.

Anyone shed a light on this?

mommy_pinay
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]20,000 caps filled ????? Are you kidding. With new rules, they would not be able to get even 2000 applications. [/size][/size][/size]