Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
October 28th 2012 - Changed Check / and added a Child.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
@ Waiting list since September 17th 2013
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Guys as i promised , i have finished translating the session, please note:

1) this is my own translation from french to english and not official from any website.
2) the numbering of the question is not as they were answered in the session, becasue i skipped some questions that we are not interested in.

Here we go :

Question 1:
We have applied in the end of June, please tell me if the new rules will apply to us or not ?
Answer:
The most important thing, is the date at which the file was received and stamped.
If it was received before August 1st 2013, then old rules applies. Except for the language issue, even before August 1st, the linguistic requirements are still applicable. That will mean you will not obtain points for levels less than B2.
To make it easy, all applications received after 6 Dec 2011, will apply to new rules.

Question 2 :
How would I know about my file if it has started preliminary examination or not ?
Answer:

The person who makes the pre. Examination is the person who first checks your application for enough points, and make sure all documents are ok.
To know at what stage your file is, contact us …… using the reference and file number.

Question 3:

I sent my application in 2011, will I apply to new list of formation ?

Answer:
If we received the file before Dec 6th 2011, then old rules that applies prior to this date applies to you.

If we received the file after 2011, but the preliminary examination has not yet begun, then new rules will apply to it.

So, I repeat …..

Question 4:
We have applied in the end of June … I think I have already replied this question, I will not repeat it again .

Question 5 :

I have already received AOR, will the new rules apply to me ? as by this I will lose some points and the application will returned to me !

Answer: Non .. Non . . ! if you have already received from us AOR, that means we already started the preliminary Examination of your file, So, we will complete studying your file by the rules were in effect by the time we received the file .

Question 6 :

I I have received AOR, would that mean I have enough points?

Non, that does not mean that, AOR means we have received your file, and we have taken the fees, that means we attribute you with an personal identification, that is, an individual Reference Number.

But that doesn’t mean we have selected you, no at all !
There must be preliminary examination, and points calculation, in the selection grid, and you will have the results of that by post… ASAP.

Question 7:
How much time I do have , before sending the B2 results ? after having the AOR ?

You cannot send the B2 result, if you didn’t send it with the application.

( PS: he meant the Pre. Examination will depend on the info they had at the time the application was sent, but of course after getting AOR, you can send it AS AN UPDATE only )

Question 8:

I have sent my application in July 29th, will I apply to new rules ?
Answer:
Again, I understand there are new rules, so I will say again , the most important thing is the date at which we received the file, and to make it simple; If received between Dec 6th 2011 and before August 1st 2013, new rule will apply , unless if preliminary examination has been made.

Question 9 :

I have sent my app. In 2011, how shall I know if the preliminary examination have started , as I have the level B1 in French ?

If we received it before Dec 6th 2011, then old rules apply, if after this date and preliminary examination has not started yet then new rule will apply, but, anyway, you will b informed if any change will apply to you, ASAP.

Question 10 :
How much does it take to withdraw the money from us after opening the file ?

That shouldn’t take much time ! not more weeks for sure.
Because this is the first thing should be done before starting the preliminary examination.

Good luck to all of us.

D

David83

signalmaker said:
Question 7:
How much time I do have , before sending the B2 results ? after having the AOR ?

You cannot send the B2 result, if you didn't send it with the application.

( PS: he meant the Pre. Examination will depend on the info they had at the time the application was sent, but of course after getting AOR, you can send it AS AN UPDATE only )

Thanks for the effort.

What does it mean if you don't get AOR? Does it mean that you have been rejected right away, and the money would be taken anyway?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
David83 said:
Thanks for the effort.

What does it mean if you don't get AOR? Does it mean that you have been rejected right away, and the money would be taken anyway?
no ofcorse money is taken after acceptance,

but you cannot assume points for B2 without sending the certificate ( original ) ..

you cannot update before getting AOR to get points of it.

you only update after AOR and first approval.

D

David83

signalmaker said:
no ofcorse money is taken after acceptance,

but you cannot assume points for B2 without sending the certificate ( original ) ..

you cannot update before getting AOR to get points of it.

you only update after AOR and first approval.
OK, that sounds good. But what getting AOR number means then? It means you passed the minimum of 42 points? By the way, forgive my ignorance, but what AOR stands for?

oszi

Oct 30, 2012
signalmaker said:
Guys as i promised , i have finished translating the session, please note:

1) this is my own translation from french to english and not official from any website.
2) the numbering of the question is not as they were answered in the session, becasue i skipped some questions that we are not interested in.

Here we go :

Good luck to all of us.
All this information is so confusing... basically not made anything clear, instead now things are even more foggy. He seemingly can not decide when preliminary examination starts, how it relates to AOR, and if new rules mean only languange criteria changes for old applicants, or both language and AOT changes ...

He basically did not answer the question about the AOT rules, just repeating "new rules will apply" once more. It is August 8th already, and I still do not know, if I will be assessed by old rules, or new rules, and if I will only lose language points, or win AOT points at the same time... If I will be put into priority because of AOT or not... Call Center tells different info each and every time... ridiculous.

Jenalby

Apr 19, 2013
India
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118 Nursing /Group B
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2012
Doc's Request.
8/08/2014 asked to submit ITR,docs reached Montreal on 17/10/2014
AOR Received.
File opened in April 2013 ,got it in hand on May 2013
IELTS Request
IELTS 7 band
Interview........
No idea...
LANDED..........
????2015?
THANKS signal maker for your translation...

The customer services people who pick our calls answer differently everytym they hardly know about our case....
The word PRELIMINARY EVALUATION is still more confusing and unclear.
Still couldnt understand what about people who got AOR, whether we fall under old and new rules... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\more confused day by day..

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
oszi said:
All this information is so confusing... basically not made anything clear, instead now things are even more foggy. He seemingly can not decide when preliminary examination starts, how it relates to AOR, and if new rules mean only languange criteria changes for old applicants, or both language and AOT changes ...

He basically did not answer the question about the AOT rules, just repeating "new rules will apply" once more. It is August 8th already, and I still do not know, if I will be assessed by old rules, or new rules, and if I will only lose language points, or win AOT points at the same time... If I will be put into priority because of AOT or not... Call Center tells different info each and every time... ridiculous.
unfortunately what u have mentioned is totaly right, i have the same case, lose lang points and gain comp engineering points ..

also he contradicted himself more than three times :))

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
David83 said:
OK, that sounds good. But what getting AOR number means then? It means you passed the minimum of 42 points? By the way, forgive my ignorance, but what AOR stands for?
AOR : Acknowledgment of receipt.

Well this is the question dear :))) please wait till next week and lets see everything ..

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
oszi said:

take this :

i called one girl and one guy ( same guys i called last week i dont know what coincedence is this ! )

The girl said your application has everything ok no new rules will be applied , and she was so positive and carefully gave information ..

The guy had almost same reaction of same week, tried to be negative regardless of any info i mentioned about my case , he said yes new rules ! without knowing anything about me ...

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
Jenalby said:
THANKS signal maker for your translation...

The customer services people who pick our calls answer differently everytym they hardly know about our case....
The word PRELIMINARY EVALUATION is still more confusing and unclear.
Still couldnt understand what about people who got AOR, whether we fall under old and new rules... :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\more confused day by day..
yes you are right they know almost nothing, some of them know but afraid to speak ...

and yes all phrases are confusing now ..

mommy_pinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
U118
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-07-2013
I am curious, I graduated in April 2008, is that 5 years from now or 6?

I do have experience but I was kinda wondering if they count it per year or includes the monthe because by the time they open my file I may be a graduate 6 years or more ago.

Hope anyone can enlighten me.

D

David83

signalmaker said:
AOR : Acknowledgment of receipt.

Well this is the question dear :))) please wait till next week and lets see everything ..
Why? What would happen next week?

signalmaker

Apr 19, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 19th 2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Nov 26th 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Interview........
LANDED..........
Hopefully April 2017.
David83 said:
Why? What would happen next week?
Nothing specific, but maybe more info will come from them ..

D

David83

signalmaker said:
Nothing specific, but maybe more info will come from them ..
Well, I don't think so. I think that the rules are vague to let the officer who evaluates the application to have some freedom in reaching a decision. I am talking in general, not about old rules and new rules specifically. I mean the officer doesn't follow a strict line in evaluating the application, otherwise he won't be an officer but rather a machine carrying out orders.

beni

Dec 8, 2009
I'm stuck in a dilemma! MICC received my doc in June 2013 and yet I haven't received AOR! So, I assume I will be considered under the new rules! This means that I lose 6 points in the French requirements! However, my bachelor is added to the AOT list for 6 points! But, my bachelor was less than five years old at the time of arrival of my application to MICC, and now it passed the 5 year threshold and I have no work experience on that field and for my masters and phd I switched my field of study!
So, my question is which date is important to consider the five years limit: date of submission or the date that they open my file!!!
I'm considering to widthraw my application since I don't wanna lose $750 for nothing!

Any suggestion folks?