Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Friends, I am totally confused. Leaving my M.Com. degree aside and talking of only the B.Com. degree below:

According to this PDF (http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_INDE.pdf), B.Com. of 3 yrs is counted as "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 2 ans" and gives only 6 points.

However, according to this PDF (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf), if I assume my B.Com. in Finance/Acctg. as AOT code U024: "Comptabilité et sciences comptables (BACC. - 3 ans)", it is indicated as "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 3 ans" which should therefore give 10 points.

Both these things don't match. Is my AOT code wrong? I indicated U024 as my AOT code in my application but since that is contradictory to the first PDF, now I am beginning to think that the code U024 is incorrect. If so, what can be the correct AOT code for me? I don't even see any AOT codes for a Masters degree that is why I had to select the AOT code closest to my B.Com. degree in Acctg/Finance. Maybe that's why the confusion. Can someone please help me? My degrees are:

M.Com. in Management
B.Com. in Finance/Acctg ----> on the basis of which I chose code U024 on page 2 of the PDF (but that seems wrong because U024 is for "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 3 ans" whereas B.Com. is shown as "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 2 ans" in the first PDF.

grande_folie

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Oh my god, I just realised that "B.Com." is treated as "Universitaire 1er cycle 2 ans" and not "Universitaire 1er cycle 3 ans ou +" so according to http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/Grille-synthese.pdf I will only get 6 points for B.Com. so that means my application was rejected due to one of the three things:

1) They have not counted my M.Com. degree so I got only 6 instead of 12 points for Education (B.Com.).
2) They counted my M.Com. and given me full 12 points for Education but didn't give me any points for AOT because my experience as Accounting Assistant is not related to my M.Com. in Management but to my B.Com. in Finance/Accounting. (although I find this weird, I don't think work exp should match degree if it's not >5 years)
3) Or both of the above.

Hence my application fell short of required points. Correct guys?

nevillek said:
Guys... I just got my application returned with a letter stating the reason for rejection as:

"VOTRE DIPLOME NE PERMET PAS L'ATTIBUTION DE POINTS AU CRITERE DOMAINE DE FORMATION"

I have a Bachelor and Master in Commerce so what the hell is this???
BIQ has clearly mentioned in a letter that your AOT gets 0 point that's why, they have returned your application. If they had calculated your point, then they would have specified your points also in this letter.

As francaise said rightly in his post about the present rule, All AOTs that fetch 0 point are not eligible to apply till march,2013.

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Friends, I am totally confused. Leaving my M.Com. degree aside and talking of only the B.Com. degree below:

According to this PDF (http://www2.publicationsduquebec.gouv.qc.ca/dynamicSearch/telecharge.php?type=7&file=GPI_3_1_INDE.pdf), B.Com. of 3 yrs is counted as "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 2 ans" and gives only 6 points.

However, according to this PDF (http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf), if I assume my B.Com. in Finance/Acctg. as AOT code U024: "Comptabilité et sciences comptables (BACC. - 3 ans)", it is indicated as "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 3 ans" which should therefore give 10 points.

Both these things don't match. Is my AOT code wrong? I indicated U024 as my AOT code in my application but since that is contradictory to the first PDF, now I am beginning to think that the code U024 is incorrect. If so, what can be the correct AOT code for me? I don't even see any AOT codes for a Masters degree that is why I had to select the AOT code closest to my B.Com. degree in Acctg/Finance. Maybe that's why the confusion. Can someone please help me? My degrees are:

M.Com. in Management
B.Com. in Finance/Acctg ----> on the basis of which I chose code U024 on page 2 of the PDF (but that seems wrong because U024 is for "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 3 ans" whereas B.Com. is shown as "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 2 ans" in the first PDF.

well It is clearly mentioned in the table leme paste the translation for u it will help u

The information corresponds to the data contained in the database INTIMM Ministry of Immigration and Cultural Communities (MICC)
Ratings on comparative studies done outside Québec dated 1
st
February 2008. In case of discrepancy between this table
comparison of qualifications and database INTIMM, the latter shall prevail.
Diplomas issued by private institutions not recognized by the government are not eligible for points in the selection grid.
The Indian education system has undergone major reforms during the 1980s. All states have gradually adopted a system called
"10 +2 +3", 10 years of primary and lower secondary, two years of upper secondary education and three years of university
undergraduate. Before the introduction of this reform, educational systems vary from state to state. For example, a "Bachelor of Arts" request
invariably now 15 years of study. Previously, the same degree could be obtained after 13, 14 or 15 years of schooling. The evaluation
Indian degrees varying with the number of years of study required to obtain them, this comparative table only applies to diplomas
obtained according to the system "10 +2 +3".
Qualifications that score 10 points are those obtained at 12 or 16 points criterion 1.2 Areas of training (this applies to the sub-category
Skilled worker only)

read this if you will apply with your B.com will never get points for you area of training so Make sure you have relavent experience to your education( latest degree) before you apply for visa

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
grande_folie said:
BIQ has clearly mentioned in a letter that your AOT gets 0 point that's why, they have returned your application.
Correct, but why have I received 0 points for AOT?

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Umer Shahzad said:
Qualifications that score 10 points are those obtained at 12 or 16 points criterion 1.2 Areas of training (this applies to the sub-category (Skilled worker only)
Oh so that means I will not get 10 points but 6 points for Education if they counted only B.Com. but if they counted M.Com., shouldn't I get full 12 points?

if you will apply with your B.com will never get points for you area of training
Why will I not get points for AOT with my B.Com. degree? It falls in Section C.

so Make sure you have relavent experience to your education( latest degree) before you apply for visa
Do you know where is it mentioned that work experience should be in the same field as your latest degree?

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
Oh so that means I will not get 10 points but 6 points for Education if they counted only B.Com. but if they counted M.Com., shouldn't I get full 12 points?

Why will I not get points for AOT with my B.Com. degree? It falls in Section C.

Do you know where is it mentioned that work experience should be in the same field as your latest degree?
well i think so they haven't consider your M.com degree this is another possibilty cos its a distance education and from Indian B.com or pakistani b.com they will never give you AOT points cos B.com is at College level another reason i am not sure about it bro exactly

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Umer Shahzad said:

because your latest degree is M.com and you don't have any relevant experience to that diploma simple

I don't think that's true. If the degree is less than 5 years old, the work experience may or may not be related to the degree. It doesn't matter. The only possible reason I see why I got 0 points for AOT is because the AOT code I filled in the application was U024 which is for Accounting but if you see that table, it says on the right "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 3 ans" whereas B.Com. from India is considered a program of "2 ans" as per the Comparitive table of diplomas. I think, as soon as the examiner would check that, he would instantly reject it irrespective of any other thing. Correct?

So therefore, I want to know what is the correct AOT code for me? I can't seem to find any in this list: http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/publications/fr/divers/domaines-6.pdf

P.S. You are correct that only B.Com. would fetch 0 points for AOT because "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle" of only "2 ans" is NOT included only in the above PDF. So I must find the AOT code for my Masters degree, which I can't seem to find.

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Umer Shahzad said:
well you can try with U074 have they deducted your fee? or they return your application back ?

They returned the demand draft of 750 CAD back.

U074 was the code my consultant Y-Axis had asked me to put but I argued that I must put U024. Maybe that's the right one because it relates to my LATEST degree (M.Com. in Management). It's considered as "Diplôme d'études universitaires 1er cycle - 3 ans" which will therefore give me 6 points for AOT and 10 points for Education. Correct?

ifmyleen

Nov 6, 2012
wingsofmaybe7777 said:
To all,

This thread is strictly for QSW although any input from virtually anyone is appreciated.
WHo has already applied for Quebec?
Who is planning to apply for Quebec?
i applied canada visa application under quebec state port of entry..

bullrules

Star Member
May 22, 2012
Can any one help me out in finding correct AOT for myself and my spouse.

Myself

I am from INDIA and completed Master of computer applications (3 years full time course) from Sri Venkateswara University Tirupati Andhra Pradesh.

I did MCA after my graduation Bachelor of Science in Maths/Physics/Chemistry.

Including MCA i have 18 years of continous study

My Spouse

She is also from INDIA and complete Master of Science in Computers (2 years full time course) from Srikrishna Devaraya university Anantapur. Andhra Pradesh.

She did her graduation Bachelor of science in Maths/Physics/Computers

Including MSC she has completed 17 years of continous study.

Appreciate your help in this.

Thanks

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nevillek said:
As far as I know, it's okay if your work experience is not related to your degree if it has been obtained in the last 5 years. So that should not affect AOT points, correct?

Secondly, so many B.Com. graduates do MBA and MBA is never in accounting, it's in finance, marketing, HR, etc...and then they may get a job in accounting.. so how are they accepted?

Can you provide me the source which says you need 4 years of an Indian university course to get 10 points? Did you check out the links in my last 2-3 posts that show B.Com. (BACC-3 yrs) should get 10 points?

TJ CAN

Star Member
Sep 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys I do have the same issue. I have completed MBA in 2009 and I have experience in Finance more than 9years as an Accountant. I'm planning to send my application in this week but I'm bit confusing whether I have to fill a form for "Regulated profession" since, Accountant is a regulated profession. Please advice.

Other thing is do i have to send a address lables in french?
Also advice how many photos have to send from each applicant with the application? is it need to be fixed or attached?

Your help is appreciated.

Thank you.