Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-13
vickyRocks said:
Hi Bajan,Raza,Mkshah,Jawaid, and comments from senior will also be appreciated.

Guys, the question i have for today is for those holding DELF A1/A2 and had submitted thier applications and got interview call. The main point is the knowledge of french they should know to qualify for CSQ keeping in mind that they have submitted A1 and A2 certificates which are considered non-francophone...

Seniors do share ur input it will help people to understand what level of french they must have in the interview. I will also appreciate the comment from those candidates who got CSQ and they had declared A2 in their applications.

Thanks in Advance!
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Dear Vicky
As per my understanding, the french proficiency of an applicant at the time of interview, is assessed according to his/her claim of french proficiency. Means if an applicant claims to be proficient for DELF B1 level, the interviewer will judge him/her on higher scale. But if an applicant claims that he is at lower bignner stage, he will be assessed on lower scale. I know one of my french teachers, who applied as french interpreter, was interviewed 100% in french. Whereas those who claim lower level are interviewed mostly in English.
I hope it can help.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

kawakaze

Star Member
Mar 24, 2011
Visa Office......
CIO NS
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2016
Med's Request
04-2017
Med's Done....
11-05-2017
Passport Req..
06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-07-2017
LANDED..........
21-12-2017
Bonjour a tous,

I am in process of collecting documents for QSW application. I have questions regarding me and my wife's passport. originally, our name consist of two words, but in 2010 we went to Saudi Arabia as Hajj pilgrim. as Hajj pilgrim, Saudi Arabia government ask all pilgrims to have 3 words in their name in passport. we, who have two words name in passport, must add one more name in our passport, which was taken from the first name of our father. so now we have 3 words in our name, while in all other documents (birth cert, diploma etc) we only have two words. So, how to explain this to visa office?

merci beaucoup mes amis

quebec man

Apr 27, 2012
France
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-09-2011
AOR Received.
09-03-2012
Dear MKShah, Vickey

I am totally agree with RAZA that it also depends on the level of french which you show in your interview along side your certification (A1, A2.........;.). I can give you the example of my friend, while filling the application form he had mentioned his french level as 5 and 6 on the language scale of 12. He has submitted A2 result and also some additional 2 months course certificate to show that his level is more than A2. When interview took place, the interviewer told him that his level is more than the level which he has mentioned in the form and gave him extra marks for that (8). So for the candidates who have mentioned their level higher than the certification they have to show their skills during the interview.
I hope every thing will go fine for every one and we will get what we deserved;
take care,
Q boy

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Raza PK said:
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]Dear Vicky
As per my understanding, the french proficiency of an applicant at the time of interview, is assessed according to his/her claim of french proficiency. Means if an applicant claims to be proficient for DELF B1 level, the interviewer will judge him/her on higher scale. But if an applicant claims that he is at lower bignner stage, he will be assessed on lower scale. I know one of my french teachers, who applied as french interpreter, was interviewed 100% in french. Whereas those who claim lower level are interviewed mostly in English.
I hope it can help.
[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
thanks Raza for the reply, if i share my example that i have submitted A1 and A2 DELF what will be the intensity of french i should know to qualify the interview for CSQ? Secondly, out of 100% which percentage of interview will be in french keeping in mind an applicant has level DELF A2?

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
quebec man said:
Dear MKShah, Vickey

I am totally agree with RAZA that it also depends on the level of french which you show in your interview along side your certification (A1, A2.........;.). I can give you the example of my friend, while filling the application form he had mentioned his french level as 5 and 6 on the language scale of 12. He has submitted A2 result and also some additional 2 months course certificate to show that his level is more than A2. When interview took place, the interviewer told him that his level is more than the level which he has mentioned in the form and gave him extra marks for that (8). So for the candidates who have mentioned their level higher than the certification they have to show their skills during the interview.
I hope every thing will go fine for every one and we will get what we deserved;
take care,
Q boy
thanks Quebec Man, the main thing which we applicants still dont know the intensity of French which the interviewer would be expecting from us. more precisely the ability of an A1,A2 holder must have, who initially got in the interview just by A2. My main concern is to pinpoint the actual french requirement for A2 holder to be able to succeed in interview with his/her A2. Also the level of English cant be underestimated.

Raza PK

Feb 23, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-13
vickyRocks said:
thanks Raza for the reply, if i share my example that i have submitted A1 and A2 DELF what will be the intensity of french i should know to qualify the interview for CSQ? Secondly, out of 100% which percentage of interview will be in french keeping in mind an applicant has level DELF A2?
[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]If I m not wrong, 40% interview will be in french if you hold A2. [/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mkshah said:
hello friends,
I am seeking your comments for my situation.

I sent my application for CSQ on 27-Sep-2011 and AOR rcvd in nov-2011 dated 11-Nov-2011.

I didnot submitted french test results initially with my application.
and I ticked my french skills to the level of 4 on the scale of 0-12 given in the application form.

So, what level of DELF will correspond to my this declaration?

In Jan-2012, I submitted attestation test results of A1 (L & S both score above 16/25) and A2 (L score above 16/25, but S score is >9 but <16).

So my query is:
1.how many points will be allocated for this and 2.have I reached to the declared level of french proficiency with my A2 result or 3.Do I need to reach to higher levels such as B1/B2?
Thanx in advance for your responses. :)
5 points will be allocated to you MKshah

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
mkshah said:
hello friends,
I am seeking your comments for my situation.

I sent my application for CSQ on 27-Sep-2011 and AOR rcvd in nov-2011 dated 11-Nov-2011.

I didnot submitted french test results initially with my application.
and I ticked my french skills to the level of 4 on the scale of 0-12 given in the application form.

So, what level of DELF will correspond to my this declaration?

Level 4 correspond to level A2 click on this link for the ruling GPI for the period you applied http://www.bladi.net/forum/289887-guide-procedures-dimmigration-davril-2011-a/

Look at the table on page 39, Look at the level of DELF on the far left and then look at the corresponding levels on the far right - can you see level 4 corresponding to A2?

In Jan-2012, I submitted attestation test results of A1 (L & S both score above 16/25) and A2 (L score above 16/25, but S score is >9 but <16).

So my query is:
1.how many points will be allocated for this and 2.have I reached to the declared level of french proficiency with my A2 result or 3.Do I need to reach to higher levels such as B1/B2?

They will seek to grade you on the highest level of DELF you attained, which is A2, since you passed the listening criteria they will give you 3pts. However, for speaking they will grade you as A1 at 1 pts for a total of 4 points. My question for you is, on your application did you claim level 4 for both listening and speaking? If you did, then you have supported your claim that you have level 4 listening but for the evidence supporting level 4 speaking is in problems. Now don't panic, here are three (3) options you can decide upon. Firstly, if you wish you can denounce your A2 exam and do it over to achieve 16/25 in both listening and speaking. The risk with this one is if you fail at your second attempt in DELF A2...you cannot go back to your old score. This is a choice you will have to seriously consider. The second option you can take the DELF B1 exam, if you pass 16/25 for both L & S you get 4 + 4 = 8 pts. I note, if you get less than 16 but more than 8 you are graded according to A2 standard its a win/win in my book. The third option you can take is do another recognised exam like the TEFaQ...its an evaluation type exam and you can possibly score an A2 level or higher. The problem I hear most say is that this test is costly or may not be aministered in their country.

your second question. To determine if you reached your declared level of french proficiency...it all depends on what you stated on your application form. FOr example if you claimed level 4 for both listening and speaking on your application. Then as I have said above you achieved the listening but not the speaking. However, if you claimed listening as 4 and speaking as 2, then absolutely you have achieved your claim on your application as per the 2011 GPI I shared with you above.

Your last question, since you claimed on your application you have level 4 it is not necessary to go higher if you do not wish too. But it is sufficient if you do continue and I will tell you why. First of all, French is a language, and if you do not practise what you have learned you forget rather important rules for speaking the language correctly. Secondly, I am sure you will agree with me waiting for your application to be assessed takes a while, so learn as much as you can during this waiting season...it is a high possibility we all can be called for an interview, the more command we have of the language the better the impression conveyed. To this end if you achieve B1 and B2 the better the impression and your willingness to learn french which gives you points for adaptibility - increasing french knowledge to communicate fluently.

Hope this helps

Thanx in advance for your responses. :)

Bajan4Quebec

Jan 17, 2012
Visa Office......
POS, Trinidad and Tobago
NOC Code......
4162-A
App. Filed.......
13-06-2016 Federal
Doc's Request.
08-03-2017
Nomination.....
27-04-2016 CSQ rec'd
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Not required
File Transfer...
10-12-2016
Med's Request
08-03-2017
Med's Done....
15-03-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport bio data requested 08-03-2017 submitted March 21, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Visa exempt country, COPR received April 18, 2017
LANDED..........
May 21, 2017.
vickyRocks said:
Hey Vicky I like this question as I have a chance to display more of my logic and maths skills :).

Firstly, I want you to look at the GPI for 2011 on page 39 with me click here and download from the link http://www.bladi.net/forum/289887-guide-procedures-dimmigration-davril-2011-a/

In my calculation I am taking the highest band but the same concept applies throughout. Now look at the table....Let's say someone claims 12 (level C2) on application. Therefore the level of French they must display is 12/12*100 = 100%. Similarly, follow my logic (simple percentages):

C1 ---> 10/12*100 = 83%
B2 ---> 8/12*100 = 67% (regarded as Francophonie)
B1 ---> 6/12*100 = 50% (regarded as Intermediate)
A2 ---> 4/12*100 = 33% (regarded as high beginner: waystage - bridge between beginner and intermediate)
A1 ---> 2/12*100 = 17% (regarded as low beginner).

These are the percentages level of French one must have according to what they claim on their respective application forms. So to conclude if you claimed A2 you must illustrate you have 33% of the knowledge of French in an interview. The intensity of French you should know should correspond to this percentage classification - ie. High Beginner (knowledge of reflexif, possisif, passe compose, imparfait, L'accord du participe passe, futur tense etc.).

Cheers

Thomas1987

Apr 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW-DELHI/ WARSAW POLAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22 August 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2nd 2015
IELTS Request
Sent along with the application.
File Transfer...
Jan 7th 2015
Med's Request
14th April 2015
Med's Done....
15th April 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25th 2015
VISA ISSUED...
June 5th 2015
LANDED..........
July 3rd 2015
Hello Eveyone,

Anyone has any idea when is the next interview Mission to India (New Delhi). When will the biq mission page will be updated?

Got My AOR on 23rd March 2011.

Thanks

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi Bajan4Quebec,
Thanks so much buddy... :)
You answered all of my queries with depth and clarity.. :)
+1 to you.... :)

And btw, i am planning to take the 3rd option as suggested by you... But as you know TEFaQ is not administered in my country, I will go for TEF... :)

Many thanks for your valuable comments.. :)

Razaqng

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16/02/2011
Doc's Request.
22/08/2011(Credit Card Refused)
AOR Received.
22/08/2011
Hi all,
Pls why is biq paris not answering calls like other biqs.Anybody with similar experience where answering machine wuld keep you holding on wasting ur time and air time credit.Or is there any change in their timing or something.Pls do share ur experience.
Thanx

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey Vicky I like this question as I have a chance to display more of my logic and maths skills :).

Firstly, I want you to look at the GPI for 2011 on page 39 with me click here and download from the link http://www.bladi.net/forum/289887-guide-procedures-dimmigration-davril-2011-a/

In my calculation I am taking the highest band but the same concept applies throughout. Now look at the table....Let's say someone claims 12 (level C2) on application. Therefore the level of French they must display is 12/12*100 = 100%. Similarly, follow my logic (simple percentages):

C1 ---> 10/12*100 = 83%
B2 ---> 8/12*100 = 67% (regarded as Francophonie)
B1 ---> 6/12*100 = 50% (regarded as Intermediate)
A2 ---> 4/12*100 = 33% (regarded as high beginner: waystage - bridge between beginner and intermediate)
A1 ---> 2/12*100 = 17% (regarded as low beginner).

These are the percentages level of French one must have according to what they claim on their respective application forms. So to conclude if you claimed A2 you must illustrate you have 33% of the knowledge of French in an interview. The intensity of French you should know should correspond to this percentage classification - ie. High Beginner (knowledge of reflexif, possisif, passe compose, imparfait, L'accord du participe passe, futur tense etc.).

Cheers
He he Bajan4Quebec : D :D
Good use of logic and maths skills...

Shahbaz_ali

Apr 19, 2011
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July-2011
Med's Request
Sept-2011
Med's Done....
Oct-2011
Passport Req..
PPR1 # Nov-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Awaited
vickyRocks said:
Hi Bajan,Raza,Mkshah,Jawaid, and comments from senior will also be appreciated.

Guys, the question i have for today is for those holding DELF A1/A2 and had submitted thier applications and got interview call. The main point is the knowledge of french they should know to qualify for CSQ keeping in mind that they have submitted A1 and A2 certificates which are considered non-francophone...

Seniors do share ur input it will help people to understand what level of french they must have in the interview. I will also appreciate the comment from those candidates who got CSQ and they had declared A2 in their applications.

Thanks in Advance!
To the point answer 4 u question !
I had delf a2 and interviewd at hong kong for csq. I claimed begnir intermediate points while i submited application for csq and at that point of time i just knew abc of french .. But later after 2 and half years of my application i got interview call and went to hong kong 4 it. Interview was in french from very begining and i did very well. Interviewr lady gave me 12 points against french..... So conclusion is practice french , make it perfect , you will be awarded points at judgement of interviewer ... Be obidient and precise.

bestybesty

Dec 3, 2011
Oman
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-12-2014
Nomination.....
PER- 26th Feb 2015
AOR Received.
11th Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
SLU- 26th May 2015
Med's Request
2nd Jun 2015
Med's Done....
9th July 2015
Interview........
TLU-16th July 2015
FRENCH ONLINE PRACTICE TEST MATERIAL

Hello everyone,
Can anyone help me to find online free french practice material for A1 level

Also if there are any websites for beginners and A1 level french learning with (translations n pronunciations).

I urgently need this.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards