QUEBEC APPLICANTS LETS SHARE EXPERIENCE

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
buzzowski said:
I can't believe that they are not accepting ATTESTATION... I will get my DIPLOMA in October but then it will be too late because I graduated 5 years ago...

Mate you can give them a call and ask if they will accept or not send ur application with a covering letter mentioning your problem that you will send it later to them it doesn't make any difference i think so if you will write down on a piece of a paper they will understand thats for sure.

regards
Umer

ggnsidhu

May 12, 2012
hey everyone...
i am a dentist and have 1 year experience, i wnna apply for quebec skilled workers.
can u please let me if dentists are there in skilled workers lists for quebec???

Styl Hunt

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
Umer Shahzad said:
Hello can you please tell us what did u sent ? you send the result card which was attested by French embassy ? and Alliance ?
thye are attested by Embassy of France :( and sent original copy even they didnt considered and asked me to submit Diploma copy ok...Transcript is not acceptable ......

regards
AA

Styl Hunt

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
mkshah said:
Hi styl hunt,
It is sad that ur file is returned. So it is now confirmed that all new applicants must send the original DIPLOMA certificate for French Tests and the attestation de reussite will not be accepted by them anymore.
if you have not collected the original diploma from AF centrem then Do it and send your application as early as possible.

Bon chance ! :)
yeah just diploma is acceptable and I will get AF karachi withinh two or three weeks , then I will resend and they also gave me reference number and mentioned dox rcvd date on each form , so I think they will charge extra fees and just need dox along with diploma while I have raised query to BIQ for fees and awaiting their reply.

regargads AA

Styl Hunt

Star Member
Jan 14, 2012
Karachi, Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
Honk Kong
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2012
buzzowski said:
I can't believe that they are not accepting ATTESTATION... I will get my DIPLOMA in October but then it will be too late because I graduated 5 years ago...
i can send that letter that I rcvd from BIQ and mentioned it .. hmm if guys think to see it.. DIPLOMA must be presented if you are claiming french points

regards AA

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi,
have you checked www.bussu.com & http://french.about.com ?
Bussu requires registration, where as french.about.com is free to all.

Kindly check both this websites and tell how do u find them? :)

bestybesty said:
Hello everyone,
Can anyone help me to find online free french practice material for A1 level

Also if there are any websites for beginners and A1 level french learning with (translations n pronunciations).

I urgently need this.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Regards

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi susanjo09,
congratulations to both of you for getting CSQ and also to your daughter who became reason for your success.

Pls can you share with us your basic details and points they given to you for each criteria below:

AOT:
Work experience:
French:
English:

Spouse's Age:
Spouse's Education:
Spouse's AOT:
Spouse's French:

Kids below 12 years:
Study in Quebec:
Job in Quebec:
Family in Quebec:
Stay in Quebec:

Financial Self-sufficiency:

How many points you were awarded by IO for ADAPTABILITY during the Interview and did he shared with you why he is giving you this many points for ADAPTABILITY out of total 6 points for ADAPTABILITY ?

Thanks in advance for your reply :)

susanjo09 said:
Hi All,

we had my csq interview yesterday at newyork.
I will post my experience in detail.
First a little background .we applied in oct 2010
Noc 2171 software engineers
Ok so regarding French both of us didn't took delf or anything like that.we studied by internet and just one month before interview we had a private tutor through skype.

We reached around 9 also we took our 2 year old daughter with us.
We waited at the reception and after 10 minutes the officer came and called us to his office.
He didn't introduced him and he asked us in French did you speak French.
I answered in French I speak little French. Maybe after hearing my French he said I will ask you questions in English and will later evaluate your French skills. Then started asking my husband the following questions
1.job responsibilities
2.why in software after doing mechanical engineering.
3.did you do any specific training for working in sotware after btech?
4.did you try for permanent residence in US?
5.why not Toronto ?
6.Any relatives in Canada?
He asked for his experience letter and educational certificates.
initially when the interview started he said if I refuse you it will be only because of French and said the importance of knowing French to succeed in quebec.he said you may get a job with minimum French but you wont go up the ladder and stuff like that....
Then he said he was going to evaluate his French asked basic questions like company name ,
How long in us,when you started learning French ........he asked around 10 questions but my husband only answered 4 .
And then he asked French questions to me basic questions only.
I answered almost every questions ,then he switched to English and asked
Why break in my career? And he asked my educational certificates
He said he was ok with my French but not my husbands
And after that he calculated points in his computer and said you are borderline ,I could only give you 3 points for your French.
An he said you live in newjersey and montreal is only 6 hours why you didn't go to montreal.if you went to montreal I would have given you two points for that
We explained the reason why we didn't go,
We thought he was going to reject us, then he said ok I will give you one more chance will ask some more questions in French .he said don't be nervous.and asked some more questions to my husband more slowly this time my husband answered well
Then he said in French I am going to approve your csq hoping you will improve your French before reaching Quebec.
We were so relived. And our daughter was with us and he joked like you got your csq just because of her and complimented her.
He was very nice ,at first seemed to be very serious but by the end he was very friendly .
my daughter was getting disturbed so he said you wait outside I will print csq and give it to you.
He said you have 12 months for federal so improve your French and try to visit montreal.
That's it..i hope my post is not sooo long
I want to thank all forum members ,I regularly visited this forum to know what type of questions they will ask and prepared accordingly. Once again thank you all...

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Umer Shahzad said:
5 points will be allocated to you MKshah
I hope to get 3 + 3 points for A2 because my file was received by them before 6th Dec 2011.
But if they calculate my points with 16/25 rule then I will get 3 + 1 points for A2. :(

so, now I am thinking of taking one more french test of higher level, may be DELF B1 or TEF.

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
hi quebecman,
thanks for your reply buddy..

I agree with you... that IO at interview will assess the french proficiency only according to the level declared in the application.
If it is more than your declared level, surely you will get higher points for language as well as it will help you in gaining more points for adaptability.

Thanks buddy.
+1 for you. :)
quebec man said:
Dear MKShah, Vickey

I am totally agree with RAZA that it also depends on the level of french which you show in your interview along side your certification (A1, A2.........;.). I can give you the example of my friend, while filling the application form he had mentioned his french level as 5 and 6 on the language scale of 12. He has submitted A2 result and also some additional 2 months course certificate to show that his level is more than A2. When interview took place, the interviewer told him that his level is more than the level which he has mentioned in the form and gave him extra marks for that (8). So for the candidates who have mentioned their level higher than the certification they have to show their skills during the interview.
I hope every thing will go fine for every one and we will get what we deserved;
take care,
Q boy

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi vicky,
Thanks for your comments and suggestions.
It helped a lot to understand my situation.

+1 to you :)

vickyRocks said:
I would refer to my last post containing the Email which i received from BIQ HK regarding language competency rule applied to an applicant. First of all check that rule and points they allot and in accordance to that your points will be treated as per the AOR because when u received ur AOR your application will be treated as per that rule. furthermore, as u have submitted A1 and A2, in my oppinion they will count ur A2 certificate as it is the highest certificate in language u have attained and will use A2 for points allotment.

I hope it helps...

Umer Shahzad

Aug 20, 2011
Pakistan
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok you will get it soon..! Insallah every one will receive a call for CSQ soon i am amazed at one thing there are countries which are taking high fees for immigration cases they are doing the verification with in 1 months e-g UK HSMP scheme the applicant is assessed in 1 month...! depending on the docs i wonder one thing how long Quebec or Canadian authorities take to process a complete file that people have to wait for years.. ! strange ini

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hello folks.. :)

I found this info regarding TEFaQ.. it is quite useful. but the guy who posted this info seems to be some french tutor who is here to promote/market his services.

The TEFaQ test has 2 components: Listening and Speaking.

In order to prepare for this exam, the FIRST STEP is to learn the French language in a proper and structured manner. This means learning Pronunciation, Vocabulary (on specific Themes), Grammar and eventually learning to string words together to make Sentences.

The SECOND STEP is to practice LISTENING. Here I advise you to listen to audio CDs with samples of TEFaQ questions. One good material is the TEF Test d'Evaluation du Francais: 250 Activites. Going through the transcript helps a lot, since there is a pattern about the way the questions are asked.

For the SPEAKING part of the exam, there are 2 sections.
Section A is about asking 10 questions to get information. So make sure you hone down the grammar topic on Interrogation (Asking Questions).
Section B is about convincing someone to do something. Here you need to be familiar with the techniques used for debates.

Link: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/tefaq-how-to-prepare-t38927.0.html;msg1436341#msg1436341

susanjo09

Mar 26, 2012
mkshah said:
Hi susanjo09,
congratulations to both of you for getting CSQ and also to your daughter who became reason for your success.

Pls can you share with us your basic details and points they given to you for each criteria below:

Education: btech mechanical
AOT: didnt get any oints coz no direct experience
Work experience:10 years
French:we put beginner 3 in application ..no delf /
English:full points

Spouse's Age:27
Spouse's Educati
on:btech computer science
Spouse's AOT:got points
Spouse's French:beginner

Kids below 12 years:1
Study in Quebec:
Job in Quebec:
Family in Quebec:
Stay in Quebec:

Financial Self-sufficiency:1

How many points you were awarded by IO for ADAPTABILITY during the Interview and did he shared with you why he is giving you this many points for ADAPTABILITY out of total 6 points for ADAPTABILITY ? i think we needed full 6 points .but he didnt say how much he gave for adaptability.he said he gave 3 for french.aout other points i m not sure.he mentioned we were just borderline.

Thanks in advance for your reply :)

mkshah

Champion Member
Sep 2, 2010
Gujarat
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
6235 / 0112
Hi susanjo09, if I calculate points as per your details.
Education: btech mechanical 10 pts
AOT: didnt get any oints coz no direct experience 0 pts, pls can u share why u say that u have no direct experience
Work experience:10 years 8 pts
French:we put beginner 3 in application ..no delf /0 pts, have u not submitted result of any of french test??? :eek:
English:full points 6 pts
Spouse's Age:27 3 pts
Spouse's Educati on:btech computer science 3 pts
Spouse's AOT:got points3 pts
Spouse's French:beginner 2 pts for A1/A2
Kids below 12 years:1 4 pts

Study in Quebec:
Job in Quebec:
Family in Quebec:
Stay in Quebec: Financial Self-sufficiency:1 1 pts
so points before interview = 56 as per above calculation

i think we needed full 6 points. but he didnt say how much he gave for adaptability.he said he gave 3 for french. I am considering 3 pts for ADAPTABILITYabout other points i m not sure.he mentioned we were just borderline.

ADDING POINTS FOR ADAPTABILITY, OVERALL POINTS COMES TO 59 OR 60 ONLY.WHICH IS LESSER THAN 63 FOR CSQ. SO I THINK, MAY BE YOU GOT POINTS FOR YOUR AOT, WHICH CAN BE 6 PTS.

vickyRocks

May 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
Done 06 band in each and overall 6.5
Bajan4Quebec said:
Hey Vicky I like this question as I have a chance to display more of my logic and maths skills :).

Firstly, I want you to look at the GPI for 2011 on page 39 with me click here and download from the link http://www.bladi.net/forum/289887-guide-procedures-dimmigration-davril-2011-a/

In my calculation I am taking the highest band but the same concept applies throughout. Now look at the table....Let's say someone claims 12 (level C2) on application. Therefore the level of French they must display is 12/12*100 = 100%. Similarly, follow my logic (simple percentages):

C1 ---> 10/12*100 = 83%
B2 ---> 8/12*100 = 67% (regarded as Francophonie)
B1 ---> 6/12*100 = 50% (regarded as Intermediate)
A2 ---> 4/12*100 = 33% (regarded as high beginner: waystage - bridge between beginner and intermediate)
A1 ---> 2/12*100 = 17% (regarded as low beginner).

These are the percentages level of French one must have according to what they claim on their respective application forms. So to conclude if you claimed A2 you must illustrate you have 33% of the knowledge of French in an interview. The intensity of French you should know should correspond to this percentage classification - ie. High Beginner (knowledge of reflexif, possisif, passe compose, imparfait, L'accord du participe passe, futur tense etc.).

Cheers
Thanks Bajan..It was remarkably explained..+1 for you..