+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Pune University - WES Credential Evaluation process step by step

myverdict

Aug 8, 2017
Thanks for your reply . Its a great help. I have some more questions.
1. When I am selecting certificate attestation on website, it says I have to mention the Course Name, what should be filled in there? I have done engineering there and i have 4 mark sheets (MS) and one passing certificate (PC) and one degree cert. (DC)
The Course Name would be: Bachelor of Engineering (Also, check your MS, sometimes, the course name is given there). Also don't forgot, you would need attestation for all years of MSs for your WES, and that includes MSs for any year downs also, if you have had any. My friend had a year down for a different 3 year bachelor course, so instead of 3 MSs, she had 4, all of which she submitted for attestation and then submitted to WES.

2. Also it asks to mention the no. of envelopes. So what no. of envelopes should be ordered ? If we want more of envelopes at that time when we are at the university, so i need to make challan again? or i can buy it directly?
I have not personally done this as yet, but upon reading the whole thread of this discussion, it seems like the envelope is of a standard commercial size (exact dimensions unknown, approx. it could be of 9.5 x 4.2 inches in size). So if you can fit all of your 6 docs. in 1 envelope easily, then you don't need additional. But if you can't, then maybe you need to split 1 set of your docs. for e.g.: 3 docs. in 1 envelope each, then you will require 2 envelopes for each set of 6, and more if you decide to put 2 docs. in 1 envelope and so on and so forth. So according to the no. of attested sets of docs. you would require more envelopes.
Regarding wanting more envelopes later, even i have posed that question. I do not know what do in this situation. If anyone knows, please do post it up.

3. Do we need to pay extra for putting seal on envelopes or request the officer there to put seal?
You don't need to pay anything extra for putting the seal on the envelopes. Upon reading the entire thread, I comprehend that when you go personally to collect the attested docs., they will ask you to check if all docs. are attested and then they ask you for the no. of envelopes, and then they/you will put the docs. in the envelope and they will seal it in front of you.

4. Would it be possible to get more than one attested copies (just to keep it for future )?
Yes you can get more than 1 attested copies for each doc. In the form, when you fill in each doc. details, they will ask no. of copies required for each doc. If you get more copies don't forget to take more no. of envelopes. For e.g. if you order 2 sets of docs., (each set having 6 documents), as stated earlier, if you decided to put 3 docs. in each envelope, then since you ordered 2 sets (i.e., 12 docs.), you would require 4 envelopes. You could split it in a manner where 1 envelope has 3 MSs and another envelope would have 1 MS, 1 PC & 1 DC. This is how you could go by for each set you order.
/QUOTE]

Last edited:

mt103plus

Star Member
Aug 11, 2017
I had sent my documents received from pune university as "verification of documents", didnot open the envelope to check what was inside. I am also not sure whether it was sealed or not coz in a hurry dint remember to check.
WES didnot mention clearly the reason, anybody who came across this
Looks like you have sent the wrong documents. You need to attest the copies - you have instead done verification. I think how to do attestation is mentioned in this thread - please do that.

Edit - check this screenshot

Last edited:

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Attestation is not at all necessary. I had done bachelor of engineering from Pune University and ordered transcripts from them. Got them in a sealed envelope by post at my home and sent the same to WES. Would have been a long process for me to travel to pune just for the attestation. For degree cert you just need to send a copy, no need for attestation as well. Hope it helps.

vishy

Jul 31, 2017
Attestation is not at all necessary. I had done bachelor of engineering from Pune University and ordered transcripts from them. Got them in a sealed envelope by post at my home and sent the same to WES. Would have been a long process for me to travel to pune just for the attestation. For degree cert you just need to send a copy, no need for attestation as well. Hope it helps.

For degree Cert, we need to send copy to WES (without university seal)? coz, in the link I could find only mark lists. Also for PR, is it sufficient to get the transcripts from college? or University transcripts is mandatory?
Many thanks in advance

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
For degree Cert, we need to send copy to WES (without university seal)? coz, in the link I could find only mark lists. Also for PR, is it sufficient to get the transcripts from college? or University transcripts is mandatory?
Many thanks in advance
You just need to send a copy of your degree, no need of university seal on it. Education documents post ITA explicitly only require a scan of your degree certificates. You may add transcripts but they are not required.

University transcripts are necessary for WES, except for autonomous colleges. So in my opinion just order more than one copy from university so you can scan and add if you want post ITA.

Hope it helps.

myverdict

Aug 8, 2017
For transcript, did you submit self attested photocopies of mark sheets, transcript application & receipt by POST to the university? Is self attestation enough or do I need to notarize the mark sheets?

Last edited:

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
For transcript, did you submit self attested photocopies of mark sheets, transcript application & receipt by POST to the university? Is self attestation enough or do I need to notarize the mark sheets?
Yes I submitted self attested copies of marksheets. Only the all clear ones. I had a few with backs. :p Self attestation is enough. You'll have to fill a self attestation declaration form as well. You will find a link to it once you are done filling the form.

Once you are done filling the form, You'll get a option of uploading documents and another one to proceed if you are submitting documents at the student facilitation center, pune University. Choose the latter one.

Put the self attested copies of marksheets, printed form, payment receipt and self attestation declaration form and send it to the address provided, preferably by Speed Post. I don't know if they accept courier on that address or not.

Please note it will take around a month to get your transcripts from them. I was in no hurry as I had not given ielts till then. If you are in a hurry attestation may be a better option for you. You can check for updates in your account. Nobody picks up the phone.

Cheers!!!

bakulkeole

Aug 9, 2017
Hello,
I had sent Pune University attested marksheets (colored xeroxs for 4 years) and degree certificate. Even though everything was properly attested and in sealed and signed envelop.....Got a reply from WES few days back :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. University of Pune, India
Bachelor of Engineering, 2007

Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) |
Accepted

Statement of Marks |
Not Accepted

Reason: The document received only contains a partial record of your study program. Subjects taken and grades earned for part of the study were not included.

Instructions: Please resubmit a complete document that lists all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of the program according to the requirements for your country of education. Refer to Required Documents.
"
We have not received the requested documents in the manner specified by our Required Documents. The final year Bachelor of Engineering Statement of Marks was received as a photocopy instead of in the manner required by our Required Documents.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still in confusion, what went wrong and what more is WES expecting from me? Thinking of sending Trasncript certificate this time.
Do we send the Transcript as it is to WES as we recieve from PU or get it xeroxed and attested and then send it?? Pls help!!!!

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Hello,
I had sent Pune University attested marksheets (colored xeroxs for 4 years) and degree certificate. Even though everything was properly attested and in sealed and signed envelop.....Got a reply from WES few days back :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. University of Pune, India
Bachelor of Engineering, 2007

Degree Certificate (Final or Provisional) |
Accepted

Statement of Marks |
Not Accepted

Reason: The document received only contains a partial record of your study program. Subjects taken and grades earned for part of the study were not included.

Instructions: Please resubmit a complete document that lists all subjects taken and grades earned for each year of the program according to the requirements for your country of education. Refer to Required Documents.
"
We have not received the requested documents in the manner specified by our Required Documents. The final year Bachelor of Engineering Statement of Marks was received as a photocopy instead of in the manner required by our Required Documents.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm still in confusion, what went wrong and what more is WES expecting from me? Thinking of sending Trasncript certificate this time.
Do we send the Transcript as it is to WES as we recieve from PU or get it xeroxed and attested and then send it?? Pls help!!!!
Send the transcripts as it is recieved from Pune University. Order more than one copy so that you can open one and check if everything is in order. Then send the sealed one to WES.

Reactions: bakulkeole

bakulkeole

Aug 9, 2017
Send the transcripts as it is recieved from Pune University. Order more than one copy so that you can open one and check if everything is in order. Then send the sealed one to WES.
Ah!! Thanks much for the reply :) That was a good suggestion to order two copies but I have already completed the procdure and now waiting for the transcript to be delivered at home. Should I just open, check it once and again get it sealed from University or should I just send it accross??
Confusion..confusion..confusion.... :(

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Ah!! Thanks much for the reply :) That was a good suggestion to order two copies but I have already completed the procdure and now waiting for the transcript to be delivered at home. Should I just open, check it once and again get it sealed from University or should I just send it accross??
Confusion..confusion..confusion.... :(
Generally everything is in order, mine had one mistake, minor though. Maximum marks of one term work of final year was missing, anyways that didn't hamper my evaluation. I would suggest not to open it and risk damaging the envelope. Send it across and hope for the best.

Reactions: bakulkeole

bakulkeole

Aug 9, 2017
Generally everything is in order, mine had one mistake, minor though. Maximum marks of one term work of final year was missing, anyways that didn't hamper my evaluation. I would suggest not to open it and risk damaging the envelope. Send it across and hope for the best.
Thanks a lot again. I will send across the enevelop as it is...Btw, your IELTS scores are amazing. I am appearing for IELTS soon but little worried if I will get good band (> 7) in each.
Did you take guidance from any tutorials or studied on your own. Any pointers you wanna give me. I've been practicing on my own from last 2-3 weeks...

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot again. I will send across the enevelop as it is...Btw, your IELTS scores are amazing. I am appearing for IELTS soon but little worried if I will get good band (> 7) in each.
Did you take guidance from any tutorials or studied on your own. Any pointers you wanna give me. I've been practicing on my own from last 2-3 weeks...
Sorry bro can't help you there. As i never studied for it. Was never too worried about it as i am dependent applicant. Just gave a sample listening test to get the feel of the exam. Don't sweat too much about it. Would give you one advice though, take a look at few writing examples to know how to structure your essay. Its quite important. Also attempt the essay first and the the letter later in the exam.

vishy

Jul 31, 2017
You just need to send a copy of your degree, no need of university seal on it. Education documents post ITA explicitly only require a scan of your degree certificates. You may add transcripts but they are not required.

University transcripts are necessary for WES, except for autonomous colleges. So in my opinion just order more than one copy from university so you can scan and add if you want post ITA.

Hope it helps.

Hi,

Thanks for taking out your time to reply. So help me in learning that 4 years marks sheet with univ seal and degree cert without seal can be sent to WES. In one of the threads you mentioned not to open the envelope but how to put the degree cert in the sealed envelope?

watt_head

Star Member
Jul 21, 2017
Udaipur
NOC Code......
Hi,

Thanks for taking out your time to reply. So help me in learning that 4 years marks sheet with univ seal and degree cert without seal can be sent to WES. In one of the threads you mentioned not to open the envelope but how to put the degree cert in the sealed envelope?
Hello, put the sealed envelope from univ and copy of your degree in another envelope and send it to WES. Mention your WES reference number on all envelopes and even on the copy of your degree to be safe.